closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSA-H Samuel Sale.

PSA-H Samuel Sale.

Some nice watches at half price many brands included.

Master
    I like the look of these

Master
    Just went onto their mobile site. It's poor!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I see the black and steel (bracelet) versions of the Bulova Lunar Pilot are back at 50% off again.
    Lot of watch for under £250 and £290 respectively.
    Dave

son of spork

i see they have the son of spork
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Thanks OP. Bought the Bulova C 1970 'Stars & Stripes' Chrono as shown above. Extra 10% off for signing up for emails, so £247.50 for this watch is a good deal.

Craftsman
    Thank you very much , been after one of these for a while £483 on Amazon paid £260 delivered

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha4 View Post
    Thanks OP. Bought the Bulova C 1970 'Stars & Stripes' Chrono as shown above. Extra 10% off for signing up for emails, so £247.50 for this watch is a good deal.
    Oh sod it! With the extra 10% I bought it too!

MUST STOP!

It gets better. Apparently, if you make a small purchase (minimum £9.99) online at H Samuel, you get a £25 voucher to spend on any purchase. I’m considering a Citizen Eco Drive similar to the Holiday watch available to rent on this forum that would be reduced to £64 delivered. Oh, it also comes with a Led Lenser torch too.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Well done everyone who scored a deal enjoy Your new watches and wear them in good health.

This is a pretty little thing, but I must stop buying cheapy watches and concentrate on the bigger picture...

But oh so tempting..

(image from elsewhere because the Samuel one was massive)

I like that Bulova in the OP, nice and refreshing design.

That dial looks lovely. I really like the textured feel it has. Go on, it’s cheap as chips. You can always flip it on here if you decide you don’t like it on the wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuisance Value View Post
    This is a pretty little thing...

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Received my Bulova Chronograph today. For the money it's a real bargain. A few observations:

It's 46mm in diameter, but as it's lugless (Douglas) it doesn't wear too big.

Although the watch uses Bulova's 262kHz movement, the small seconds hand (6 o'clock sub-dial) does not progress smoothly as I expected, rather it 'ticks' at twice per second.

Box set comes with a Bulova branded screwdriver, not a spring bar tool. This is odd, as the bracelet uses split pins not screws and a strap change requires a spring bar tool.

There was no instruction booklet in the box. Not that I need it, but I would have thought that there would be some documentation in the box (specs, warranty, etc). May be it was a returned item - although all stickers looked undisturbed.

Best of all Mrs Alpha likes it a lot. As do I.

Master
    Received my Bulova Chronograph today. For the money it's a real bargain. A few observations:

Although the watch uses Bulova's 262kHz movement, the small seconds hand (6 o'clock sub-dial) does not progress smoothly as I expected, rather it 'ticks' at twice per second.

Box set comes with a Bulova branded screwdriver, not a spring bar tool. This is odd, as the bracelet uses split pins not screws and a strap change requires a spring bar tool.

There was no instruction booklet in the box. Not that I need it, but I would have thought that there would be some documentation in the box (specs, warranty, etc). May be it was a returned item - although all stickers looked undisturbed.

Can’t go wrong at that price!

Master

Still sat here patiently waiting for mine! tapping the desk, huffing and puffing.
    Hope you enjoy yours, got any wrist shots?

Craftsman
    My Bulova Lunar Pilot arrived today, everything was in the box but the box has received a knock and damaged the paint , reading Amazon feedback this seems common so I think its a packaging issue rather than showing that its a return

No tools with mine but all the documentation was under the inlay

Needed to take 4 links out to get it to fit so will go on larger wrists and really like the bracelet with its double deployant clasp

Will tide me over until I get a Speedy in August, nice solid watch

Master
    Well mine has just shown up, 5 minutes before I'm due to leave the office.
    Not bad for less than half price!

Quote Originally Posted by uktotty View Post
    Well mine has just shown up, 5 minutes before I'm due to leave the office.
    Not bad for less than half price!

Aye, it's good value. Any paperwork with yours?

Master
    Don't think so, box is a bit dirty and the screwdriver doesn't actually fit the watch 🤣. Huge bracelet though.

Don't think so, box is a bit dirty and the screwdriver doesn't actually fit the watch 🤣. Huge bracelet though.
    Looks rather narrow for the watch.

Crazy bargain at £260:

free image uploading

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Crazy bargain at £260:

free image uploading
    Cheaper than SC.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Cheaper than SC.
    Correct!

Master
    Double checked today, zero paperwork, warranties, instructions etc.
    Does that mean it's a return??

Master
    Spoke to H Samuel.
    these are now totally out of stock and mine was shipped from a store who had stock.
    They have assured me today, that the paperwork will be sent out in the next couple of days, if anyone has ordered and not received any paperwork, call customer services and see if they can help.

Russ

Spoke to H Samuel.
    these are now totally out of stock and mine was shipped from a store who had stock.
    They have assured me today, that the paperwork will be sent out in the next couple of days, if anyone has ordered and not received any paperwork, call customer services and see if they can help.

Russ
    Cheers Russ. Do you have a phone number for a lazy Bastige?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Have you checked the box carefully?

Thr front of the box is a flap, pull down to reveal the compartment which has all the docs

Spoke to H Samuel.

Russ
    I’ve just email customer services requesting the missing items. It’s customer.services@hsamuel.co.uk

I’ve just email customer services requesting the missing items. It’s customer.services@hsamuel.co.uk
    Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    Have you checked the box carefully?

Thr front of the box is a flap, pull down to reveal the compartment which has all the docs

The Bulova C chronograph box is not like that. It's a solid thick box with a thick hinged lid and the insert glued in.

Craftsman
    More like the Moon watch by the sound of it , solid box with a insert but this lifts up to show the documentation underneath

Just had another look, the Lunar Pilot still showing as in stock with limited availability... having an interesting conversation now with Mrs C as to why I shouldn’t leave this behind! They do actually look really nice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    Just had another look, the Lunar Pilot still showing as in stock with limited availability... having an interesting conversation now with Mrs C as to why I shouldn’t leave this behind! They do actually look really nice

Remember, it is easier to seek forgiveness rather than permission.

Agreed... but I am still seeking forgiveness for every purchase since the BBB earlier in the year, that said, never say never

Mate, he's talking about a watch purchase, not anal ffs
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    Mate, he's talking about a watch purchase, not anal ffs
    Why not both?

With my knees and low pain threshold... I don’t like the watch that much!

Craftsman
    I had some quick talking to do as my wife had told me no more watches before holiday next month . The Amazon price of £483 helped sway the argument though . Too good to pass up

Gents, did any of you receive the missing warranty paperwork? Mine turned up without, emailed them twice with no response after five days and three and spent a total of 35 minutes hanging on their "customer service" line trying to speak to somebody with no reply.
    Thanks Keith

Quote Originally Posted by huytonman View Post
    Gents, did any of you receive the missing warranty paperwork? Mine turned up without, emailed them twice with no response after five days and three and spent a total of 35 minutes hanging on their "customer service" line trying to speak to somebody with no reply.
    Thanks Keith
    I got an email yesterday Keith saying they’re looking for my missing items and they’ll be back in touch when they’re ready to collect from my local store.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by huytonman View Post
    Thanks Keith
    Got mine within 48 hours, just a booklet, not sure what else was due to be in there, they also provided a comp slip with the 3 year warranty on board.

I am really loving this new Bulova, wearing it every day currently, with another 300 to chose from.
    I have however, moved it to the leather band.

I got an email yesterday Keith saying they’re looking for my missing items and they’ll be back in touch when they’re ready to collect from my local store.
    Thanks for confirming, I'll give them a few more days then contact Bulova themselves to see what their view on the warranty will be if there is no stamped guarantee card, if its a negative I'll send the watch back (or take it in to a store) which will be a shame as its a decent watch especially at the price paid.
    Keith

Samuel customer service

For those of you who like me struggled to speak to their customer service I tried again first thing at 9.00, waited five minutes this time and spoke to a helpful bloke who looks to have sorted out my missing warranty documents - so as with a lot of these customer service lines the trick is to catch them first thing.
    Keith

Morning all.

As an owner of both the Archive Series watches (the Chronograph C 'Stars 'n Stripes' and the Lunar Pilot 'Moonwatch'), perhaps I can shed some light on what paperwork etc. should and should not accompany each of them...

My Lunar Pilot came with the following:
    * A plastic Card which is a Certificate of Authenticity
    * The manual which also doubles as proof of purchase for warranty purposes (assuming it's been filled in on the last page)
    * A collectors booklet (the same size as the manual)
    * A hangtag
    * Screwdriver
    * Nylon strap with Mission Patch
    * Black 'carbon fibre'-pattern leather strap
    * Charcoal grey inner box
    * Black outer box

My Chronograph C came with the following:
    * The (same) manual which also doubles as proof of purchase for warranty purposes (assuming it's been filled in on the last page)
    * A hangtag
    * Blue leather strap with red stitching
    * Mesh strap
    * Black and white Archive Series inner box
    * Grey outer box

If any of the above are missing, then you don't have a 'full set'.

There are a couple of things to note...

Firstly, for the Lunar Pilot all the paperwork fits into a recess in the bottom of the inner box, whereas for the Chronograph C the manual fits into a 'drawer' at the bottom of the outer box.

Secondly, Bulova definitely don't provide a separate warranty card or booklet, they expect the vendor to fill in the details on the last page of the manual. If the manuals are blank (as both mine are), then H.S. Johnson assured both Peter Skinner (the original owner of my Stars & Stripes) and I that the invoice from the vendor is perfectly adequate if it needs to go in for repair.

Hope this is helpful.

Simon
    Last edited by mycroft; 11th July 2018 at 11:54.

Master
    Now that's the definition of a helpful post!

Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    Now that's the definition of a helpful post!
    The boxes are 2 feet above my head as I'm sitting at my desk and I needed a temporary distraction from a particularly grinding piece of work. Nevertheless, thank you for your kind words!

Simon
    Last edited by mycroft; 11th July 2018 at 12:09.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    The boxes are 2 feet above my head as I'm sitting at my desk and I needed a temporary distraction from a particularly grinding piece of work. Nevertheless, thank you for your kind words!

Simon
    So you welcomed the 30 min distraction to type all that? Forum did you a favour then. :-P

Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    So you welcomed the 30 min distraction to type all that? Forum did you a favour then. :-P
    Can't deny it :)

Simon

I like the look of these

https://www.eglobalcentraluk.com/sei...hoCCoUQAvD_BwE

I like this one too!

I just went to see the prices around and I found this website.... they are selling it for much cheaper!