closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Honda Type R GT 2018

Quote Originally Posted by mondie View Post
    Love that Bazza, black suits the body shape. I have never driven an FK2 but I have read and watched a lot of reviews that mostly conclude it is even more raw than the FK8. I need to try one someday
    If your ever in Coventry one day drop me a line and you can take it out for a spin
    Ps cool looking deck

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by bazza. View Post
    4 years on and still enjoying my FK2 Type R

Very nice too

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Sulk View Post
    FWIW my local dealer says that they have only ever sold the base model to people who buy them to do track days.

I’m just about to buy a red one. With the additional upper wing.......
    Interesting. Hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Craftsman
    Another ex evo owner here (Rajaman from the MLR), and I have to say that I really fancy one of these, grey looks really good.

Quote Originally Posted by bazza. View Post
    If your ever in Coventry one day drop me a line and you can take it out for a spin
    Ps cool looking deck
    Thanks Bazza, will do! The deck (Kuzma) went a few years ago and has been replaced with a little more manageable Brinkmann.

Quote Originally Posted by BritishExpat View Post
    Another ex evo owner here (Rajaman from the MLR), and I have to say that I really fancy one of these, grey looks really good.
    I had 2 EVO's an 8 with 410bhp and an X FQ360 with 480bhp and trust me the Type R is well worth it matey

Had mine now for approaching a year, a change in circumstances meant a 70 mile commute most days and although never bought for that purpose it took it in its stride and was a very comfortable workhorse during that time (averaging an indicated 38mpg) whilst having a large boot full of tools, golf clubs etc

Take it out of comfort though and it's like taking control of a different car, still makes me grin from ear to ear

Journeyman
    What’s the boot opening space like? Is it the full space or is it a funny/restricted shape?

look really good from reviews and tests. I think the styling may attract some jealous morons to damage it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Waxman View Post
    What’s the boot opening space like? Is it the full space or is it a funny/restricted shape?
    It is a full space, back seats fold down flat so it can carry a big load. It has successfully moved two daughters to/from Uni without sweat, same doesn't go for me carrying all the stuff they insist is essential.

Craftsman
    Well I’ve done a couple of thousand miles in my red FK8 and I have to say it’s absolutely superb. I’ve only driven it in anger a couple of times as the roads are shocking just now but overall I’m very happy with it. It’s also booked in for a full wrap which should make it one of a kind....not to everyone’s tastes I’m sure but I thought what the hell!

Good to know it hasn't disappointed. You bought just in time because I fear the R has reached an early end, Honda was due to close next year anyway but I don't see them restarting after this virus has passed. Even in the unlikely event that they do, the R may not resume.

Craftsman
    What do you mean by Honda was meant to close?

I dealt with a very enthusiastic salesperson (Vertu Honda, Sunderland) who loves his cars as much as I do. He advised that in about 5 years or so, the whole model line will be electric, with the R likely to follow suit.

The attention the car gets is unbelievable - gone are the days of the Subaru STI and Evolutions etc. so the R is very much one of a kind now.

I do like to watch the advert now and again...

https://youtu.be/h1YiQwqYV4s

Martin

Perhaps he was referring to Honda UK closing their manufacturing plant in Swindon.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Yes I was, sorry I wasn't clear.

Craftsman
    Got you 👍🏻