closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Honda Type R GT 2018

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    Looks ok in black but then the one everyone is dissing here is the newer model isn’t it.

People saying it’d be ok if you were under 30... I think it’d have been too much for me at 18, let alone nearing my 30’s! But then I had a mk1 golf gti when I was 18, pretty understated hot hatch.

My main gripe with these fandango looking cars is the lack of function. I don’t mind a vent or hole but it’s all this fake stuff I hate. The ‘mesh’ on the bumper of the new type r for example, why!

I remember when the mk2 focus rs came out & my mate brought t round to show me. Fake carbon, fake vents and horrible looking sliding brake calipers. Years ago performance cars had substance now it seems they look as mass produced as the base models.
    My neighbour has one of these and the sound is really nice. Dry raspy and loud. Kids always call it the space car goes like the proverbial though. He's embarrassed about the stick on plastic too.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Liner33 View Post
    I owned the Superb with that engine it wasn't that great and can't see it being any better in the Kodiak
    Interesting. Seems to have a good amount of oomph based on the Sabine Shmitz video I watched.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MTM84 View Post
    Interesting. Seems to have a good amount of oomph based on the Sabine Shmitz video I watched.
    I think he meant the Diesel engine.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    I think he meant the Diesel engine.
    Me too...Sabine took the forthcoming diesel VRS Kodiaq around the Ring.

Grand Master

A3VT!

How does one get from the Manga Special wíld Honda GT TYe R to a diesel Skoda allroad as alternatives?

Ok, so the stick on plastic is Marmite but that is both a matter of taste ánd personal so what the nót owners think is?????

There seems to be no doubt that the car is seriousy GOOD ánd practical.

Quality of life is all to often burdened, limited by things outside of your control. This needs not be one of those.
    I say that if it pushes your buttins OP, whichever those are, then AT3VT!, go for it!!
    When the going gets tough, the DAF gets going.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Huertecilla View Post

Ok, so the stick on plastic is Marmite but that is both a matter of taste ánd personal so what the nót owners think is?????
    It's not marmite, it's ROBOT PARTS! I'm telling you, these things are transformers!!

We agreed a pretty good deal on a demo FK8 this week in our preferred colour Polished Metal. We should collect it in about ten days time. Looking forward to exploring Snowdonia more over the holidays in this road mauler

Congrats, you are going to love it

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mondie View Post
    We agreed a pretty good deal on a demo FK8 this week in our preferred colour Polished Metal. We should collect it in about ten days time. Looking forward to exploring Snowdonia more over the holidays in this road mauler
    Great stuff - looking forward to hearing how you get on 😀

Grand Master
    Congrats!

Make sure you try what happens on the óther side of the limit on a wet Sunday morning in an empty industrial estate. Better find out where it does no harm than on a narrow mountain track with the berm dropping off steeply.

Have fun!!
    When the going gets tough, the DAF gets going.

Master
    I parted with my Golf R estate after around 21 months. It was a great car in many ways but as some have hinted at, I found it a bit dull once the initial ‘new car’ excitement wore off. It was more than fast enough for my needs and I did enjoy driving it but it lacked involvement. Excitement only really came for me at silly speeds.

I had an M135I back in 2013 which I kept for about a year. Unlike many who sing the praises of RWD cars, I just didn’t enjoy driving it, especially in anything other than dry weather. I imagine the x drive version would be more suited to me but a bit like the R, I found the BMW pretty boring to look at after a while.

Looking back at previous cars and indeed, my current car (UP GTI), I seem to have a lot more fun in slower, lighter and cheaper manual cars (including Abarth 595, Clio 197 and Corsa VXR) which I can thrash and still keep my license.

That said, my wife and I are keen to have a look at the forthcoming Skoda Kodiaq VRS which I think looks superb. Again, the deals might leave a lot to be desired.
    Agree with all of this.

Once I'd put my foot to the floor a few times from stand still the R was never exciting again. I did like the complete package of the car though. I also had an M135i which I lasted just over a year with. A lovely engine ruined by being bolted to an average car with some of the most poorly judged steering and suspension ever fitted to a performance car.

I've also gone down the slower, lighter and cheaper manual car route now the Cupra is going back. Very cheap in my case. I picked up an early r53 Mini Cooper S which just seems to be more fun more of the time compared to any of the recent hot hatches I've owned.

Quote Originally Posted by JonRA View Post
    Great stuff - looking forward to hearing how you get on 
    Thanks, fella's, I will keep you updated once we have got the car and got some miles under her. I haven't been this excited about buying a car for a long time.

I parted with my Golf R estate after around 21 months. It was a great car in many ways but as some have hinted at, I found it a bit dull once the initial ‘new car’ excitement wore off. It was more than fast enough for my needs and I did enjoy driving it but it lacked involvement. Excitement only really came for me at silly speeds.

I had an M135I back in 2013 which I kept for about a year. Unlike many who sing the praises of RWD cars, I just didn’t enjoy driving it, especially in anything other than dry weather. I imagine the x drive version would be more suited to me but a bit like the R, I found the BMW pretty boring to look at after a while.

Looking back at previous cars and indeed, my current car (UP GTI), I seem to have a lot more fun in slower, lighter and cheaper manual cars (including Abarth 595, Clio 197 and Corsa VXR) which I can thrash and still keep my license.

That said, my wife and I are keen to have a look at the forthcoming Skoda Kodiaq VRS which I think looks superb. Again, the deals might leave a lot to be desired.
    Exactly my own experience.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Thanks, fella's, I will keep you updated once we have got the car and got some miles under her. I haven't been this excited about buying a car for a long time.
    Congrats! Looking forward to some snaps from Dolgellau, Bewts-y-Coed and Trawsfynydd - drivers paradise :)
    AVDACES FORTVNA IVVAT

Aahhh the A470, a drivers paradise We are spolit for choice in NW