closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: SOTC: 2012-2018 Updated 1st Sept :)

SOTC: 2012-2019 Updated 10th May :)

tbh, I don't know how interesting this will be to members, but thought I'd share!

Prior to finding TZ I had a Fortis Cosmonaut (wife bought and a permanent fixture) a steel Fortis B42 Chronograph and my Gran-dad's old gold Sekonda.

So, then in 2012 I started to dabble a bit and try out a few watches. I've photo'd a few of the ones that stayed a while, there have been many others that came in, were tried and moved on, such as: Seiko FFF, Seiko Shogun, Damasko DA37, G-shock Riseman, Steinhart 'mil-sub', 80's Heuer quartz diver, Kemner Marine, Helson Tortuga, Squale 50 Atmos, Omega 2254, Citizen ti diver and Citizen 300m diver.

Perhaps the only one I regret letting go is a blue dial 2500 Aqua Terra I wore on our wedding day. My wife isn't sentimental though and has said if you want to buy something else then you need to sell!

March 2012:

May 2012:

July 2013:

November 2013:

I then sold off most to fund a car purchase, so that for a few years, up to April 2018 this was what I had:

Then, having saved been re-bitted by the bug I started to look at watches again and the inevitable happened!...

May 2018:

June 2018:

The PO has gone already gone, I have an EZM13 on it's way shortly and an eye out for a DC66 and a titanium Fortis chronograph. Having said that, I'd ideally (think/hope) to be able to get it down to six; my plan being to have the Speedmaster FOIS, a Pelagos and an everyday tool-chrono plus my Fortis Cosmonaut, the G-shock beater and probably the PRS4 too....well, that's the plan!...and I do have six spaces in my watch box!

Cheers
    Last edited by wadsy; 10th May 2019 at 11:26.

Master
    Nice to see the ebb n flow but with obvious consistency in what you like. I like the Fortis chronos, though no longer own one, and the Sinn is very nice but I'd struggle not to have a Damasko in my collection now so good luck getting the DC66.

I’ve always liked that Fortis Cosmonaute. A resolutely no nonsense watch, and the perfect size.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

September update

Update!...

Well, the Pelagos came and sadly went; with the symptoms I suffer with heath-wise, it wasn't comfortable enough for me to wear, so much as I loved it, it had to go.

I acquired an EZM13 and a titanium Fortis B42 chronograph; the Sinn has gone and the B42 stayed (for now) as it's lighter and easier for me to wear.

So I now have...

Speedmaster FOIS
    Sinn T2
    Omega 2231 titanium Seamaster
    Omega (midsize, 36mm) Aqua Terra
    Sinn 903 ST B E
    B42 Titanium chrono
    Damasko DA46
    Fortis Cosmonaut
    Broadarrow PRS4
    M5600 G-shock

My plan, despite buying more to try!... is still to get the numbers down....

M5600 - Stays as I use the features like count down timer every day.
    Fortis Cosmonaut - Stays as my wife bought it for me (nearly 20 years ago!) for my 30th
    PRS4 - Stays as it's an ideal beater when in the garage on even on a beach!

I'm then thinking that...

The FOIS stays as a versatile watch for 'smarter' wear - on the brown Rally for shirt/jacket and then on black leather if needed for smarter, like on the very odd occasions I wear a suit!

The T2 stays as it's a really great everyday tool, versatile too with a range of straps: titanium bracelet, fitted rubber deployant, works well on NATOs and super comfy on Erika's originals.

I reckon, apart from the three initially listed above, I could just keep the FOIS and the T2 - job done!...But...

I'm then thinking maybe keep the DA46 as another tool option as the bezel is clearer to my eyes and maybe the B42 Ti as well as I just really like it!

The Sinn 903 I've already advertised; it a lovely piece but I'm trying to get the numbers down!

I reckon I'll probably let the 2231 go too and then I'd like to find a 39mm (blue dial) AT instead of the 36mm black dial one as I wore the blue one on our wedding day and should've kept it!

Thoughts / suggestions always welcome

Cheers
    Last edited by wadsy; 1st September 2018 at 16:57.

Craftsman
    Excellent range in that collection!

Some real stunners in there and I like how each one has a justified reason for being there.

Thanks so much for sharing.

Nice collection

Sent from my SM-G935F using TZ-UK mobile app

Nice little collection there. What make is the rally strap on the speedy?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdinand101 View Post
    Nice little collection there. What make is the rally strap on the speedy?
    It was hand made for me by Pavel - Neptune straps; he's on here too.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post
    I’ve always liked that Fortis Cosmonaute. A resolutely no nonsense watch, and the perfect size.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    +1 for the Cosmonaute - simple to read, not too fragile and works with any style. I'm still waiting for a good opportunity :)

Master
    The Damasko, Sinn 'navitimer', Speedie and AT cover all the bases for me but variety and the fun of trying different watches makes me think there's a few out there for you yet! nice to see the journey continuing and hope your health is as good as it can be.

Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    The Damasko, Sinn 'navitimer', Speedie and AT cover all the bases for me but variety and the fun of trying different watches makes me think there's a few out there for you yet! nice to see the journey continuing and hope your health is as good as it can be.

"makes me think there's a few out there for you yet!" .....I'm always looking!...any suggestions?

Thanks Dave; health still s**t, but plodding on!

Cheers

May 2019

So, the 903 St Be went, lovely piece, but tbh a lot of very small details on it that were tricky (for my eyes) to see/read!...maybe a 43mm Navitimer would be better!

The T2 went too sadly, really liked that, but the DA46 is easier for me to read and is proving to be my ideal 'tool-daily' at the moment.

Both the B42 Ti chrono and 2231 Ti Seamaster were put up FSOT and were traded against the 16600 SD.

So, this is where I'm at currently....

That speedy is really eye-catching on brown

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by The_Perfect_Sandwich View Post
    That speedy is really eye-catching on brown

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Thanks, it's a hand-made Rally from Pavel. I think he got the shade just right; it (to my eyes) really suits it

Thumbs up for the Cosmonaut - I have the Lemania Chrono version with divers bezel - awesome watch and the perfect size on the wrist.