closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Article from Daily Mail - counterfit watch

Craftsman

Article from Daily Mail - counterfit watch

I think the main thrust of that story is: Paypal dont live up to their contract.

Didn’t take them long to start popping out the fakes.
    Quite impressive how they can do this with such speed after a release - guessing they (the crooks) must be on a list also to get an original so fast to copy. Paypal efficient as always I see🤦*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    I think the main thrust of that story is: Paypal dont live up to their contract.
    He got the £9100 back. Says at the end of the article

Always purchase from a known trusted source. 9K down is a hard lesson to live with.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

They're slippery for sure. Won't be long until there's a landmark case in the courts which puts them in their place though.

The DM have a habit of either exaggerating or fabricating news (and weather forecasts for that matter). As someone has pointed out in the comments this might just be a case of ‘if you are going to fork out a packet on a secondhand watch, be careful’.

Quote Originally Posted by MintG View Post
    Always purchase from a known trusted source. 9K down is a hard lesson to live with.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    He’s not 9k down. He got the cash back plus £100 for his troubles

Master

How

Can’t believe someone was greedy and stupid enough to think someone would sell the new Pepsi GMT for £9000? Surely he was purchasing to rob, I mean sell on for a profit 🤗
    I think absolute greed took over from sense on this guys part for sure!

Clearly it’s not his fault but I would assume some more in depth research if someone’s selling the must have Rolex way under what you can get!!!!
    I’m guessing most people would have been able to figure this one out as it’s nit exactly an elaborate crime is it😏

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    He got the £9100 back. Says at the end of the article
    I realise that - but they didn’t act according to the contract. It shouldn’t have got to the stage it did, before remediation.

I realise that - but they didn’t act according to the contract. It shouldn’t have got to the stage it did, before remediation.
    Yes, and not everyone will have the DM, FWIW, in their corner.

I love that their (DM’s) solution to this whole thing is:

“Perhaps it might be best to avoid buying expensive second-hand watches.”

Craftsman
    Quite impressive how they can do this with such speed after a release - guessing they (the crooks) must be on a list also to get an original so fast to copy. Paypal efficient as always I see臘*♂️
    That could just be a reference image of course.

Article from Daily Mail - counterfit watch

Quite impressive how they can do this with such speed after a release - guessing they (the crooks) must be on a list also to get an original so fast to copy. Paypal efficient as always I see🤦*♂️
    Quote Originally Posted by subchris View Post
    Can’t believe someone was greedy and stupid enough to think someone would sell the new Pepsi GMT for £9000? Surely he was purchasing to rob, I mean sell on for a profit
    I think absolute greed took over from sense on this guys part for sure!

Clearly it’s not his fault but I would assume some more in depth research if someone’s selling the must have Rolex way under what you can get!!!!
    I’m guessing most people would have been able to figure this one out as it’s nit exactly an elaborate crime is it

Chris
    Trading standards were aware of this on 26th March; I really don’t think it was a new GMT!
    The Daily Mail have just found a photo of a Rolex online and used that; it just happens to be a photo of a new Pepsi.

Edit; I’m not 100% sure that the thread title shouldn’t read “Counterfeit article by the Daily Mail”!
    Last edited by Dave+63; 24th June 2018 at 09:06.

Image seems to be a reference picture of the Rolex GMT Master II, by Leon Neal at Getty.

Its use predates the DM article, for example, here.

Craftsman
    I never saw the model of watch mentioned in article.

And you can buy privately aswell just be sensible and use common sense. When I sold my watches, I had one guy view the watch at an AD and another knew exactly what to look for.

The Daily Heil, not even fit for toilet paper, certainly not as a source of news.

Master
    Quite impressive how they can do this with such speed after a release - guessing they (the crooks) must be on a list also to get an original so fast to copy. Paypal efficient as always I see臘*♂️
    Why would they need an original? Take the same fake case set they've been using since the first ceramic GMT came out and then change the colours. Easy done. Probably already in the works as soon as Baselworld release.

Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    The Daily Heil, not even fit for toilet paper, certainly not as a source of news.
    The Daily Fail and wiki seem to be the 'default' reference point for some of our fellow forum members, ''experts'' not wanted.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.