closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I tried on a Bvlgari...

Master

I tried on a Bvlgari...

...and absolutely loved it, enough to seriously consider buying it. Am I mad?! You'll probably tell me yes

The watch to be exact was from their Octo range. It was a Titanium case with a grey dial, black numerals, a date (which does show the movement is smaller than most would probably want, but not small enough to be bothersome to me) and on a very comfortable, high quality rubber strap with tang buckle. As I've recently had a bit of a re-jig of the collection, this watch could make a lot of sense as a sports watch that I wouldn't worry about too much. It had vibes of the Aquanauts I've owned believe it or not, and the bead blasted finish was very refreshing. In fact one thing that didn't exactly annoy me but wasn't ideal on the Patek, were the reflections from the cyrstal. However this watch had a crystal that didn't even look like it was there due to the coatings; probably the most "invisible" I've ever come across.

Remember this wouldn't be my only watch; just part of my collection. The only issue (which isn't an issue as discounts can be found) is the price. At £6100, that's obviously a lot of money. Their super thin range is around £11k and I felt it was superbly made, but of course discounts are possible on any of these via grey dealers, and I'd hope to find a good percentage off. That being said, this is an apparently in-house movement in a very thin watch that felt well made, was comfortable and has 100M WR.

Bvlgari appears to be a brand that for obvious reasons flies under the radar of TZers, but, just like Cartier, has merit to its products. The thing is, I wasn't expecting to like the watch, but genuinely couldn't believe just how much it appealed.

I'm not sure this picture does the watch much justice, but would like to hear your opinions anyway...

I later came across this which had a lovely dial, with other options such as Burgundy, brown etc...

Last edited by W44NNE; 23rd June 2018 at 23:31.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Ultra thin Ti. Wonderful watch and movement such a cool piece and one day (could be soon) I will have one!

Buy it.

Regards,
    M

Master
    Nothing wrong with Bvlgari in my opinion.

May or may not be a factor - but how are the residuals on Bvlgari?

Both Bulgari and Piaget have watches not a million miles from Patek in terms of design, with superb movements and top quality finishing. Nothing wrong with either brand, IMO.

Master
    Good to see the positive comments so far. I can always trust this place to set me on the right track :-)

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    I wouldn't expect to flip this as it could fit so well into my collection, but residuals would be enough of a factor to make me want to find at a discounted price.

You will only sell it and buy a Ferrari or set up a business etc

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    You will only sell it and buy a Ferrari or set up a business etc
    Same reply every time from you Ken. Ferrari nope. Business idea always plausible; what's wrong with that. I've already stated it would fit nicely in to my collection at present but would be purchased at a discounted price. My thread was asking people's opinions of the watch.

Master
    I get the appeal of that.

This version gets my vote:

See here https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/bu...matique-review

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ASW1 View Post

I tried the gold version and wow, amazing stuff. Not worth £40k I guess, but then I'm not the target market and can see why some would go for it over an AP ROC etc. So thin!

It’s verging on Genta although the lack of curves I struggle with a bit. The Grey colour reminds me of warships or Airfix paint. Not an insult, I just can’t think of anything else that exact colour. Finish looks very good.

Master

This is the one. Absolutely awesome.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cmcm3 View Post
    This is the one. Absolutely awesome.
    So much more pricey though... very different proposition, plus no date (which I like) and not as light/sporty on the bracelet in steel.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by W44NNE View Post
    So much more pricey though... very different proposition, plus no date (which I like) and not as light/sporty on the bracelet in steel.
    It's titanium I think, so should be pretty light. Worth the extra £££ imo.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cmcm3 View Post
    It's titanium I think, so should be pretty light. Worth the extra £££ imo.
    Ah just looked and yes they do a Ti model and Steel model. Refreshingly, there's barely any difference in price between them too.

I like the industrial look of the titanium version best i think....

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I have been looking at these myself. I think they're brilliant. The finishing is top notch and design excellent. I'd have one in a heartbeat

Not a brand I’ve really taken any notice of, however that looks really nice! The profile shot showing how thin it is and the stunning movement really sets it off.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    It’s verging on Genta although the lack of curves I struggle with a bit. The Grey colour reminds me of warships or Airfix paint. Not an insult, I just can’t think of anything else that exact colour. Finish looks very good.
    Well that’s because it is a Genta design originally!

https://www.bobswatches.com/rolex-bl...o-watches.html

Have to say I love the Ti version Wayne, especially that ultra thin

Quote Originally Posted by IanBear View Post

I didn’t know but at least I recognized his style I guess

The Ti looks class and is the one I’d have.

I think one would need the matching tracksuit to carry off the gold one though. Jingle jangle etc.

I like this a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s got to be the grey one for me. I’m not keen on the blue dial or gold one but (being boring) I’d like to see it in SS with a Matt black dial.

Master
    As much as I like it and I do like it. I personally couldn’t see past what it is trying to replicate in AP/PP.

Craftsman
    I've always liked Bulgari. I know they're seen as fashion rather than serious watches, but they've always done their own thing with design and so their watches are rather unique and can be damned good looking.

I had a diagono chronograph many years ago and because my wife liked it I bought her the 38 mm aluminium version. Admittedly not the most robust watches in the world (she actually had two as the first one sort of fell to bits), but just look at it.... The case is aluminium so it's very light-weight and wears incredibly well on a very slim or ladies wrist, it has a 7753 movement inside and the hard rubber articulated strap is so different and works really well. She wears hers almost daily in preference to gold cartier and other typical ladies watches. Incidentally, this is a web photo as hers currently has one of the chrono buttons missing, but that's life.

I’ve often looked at the Ti piece and thought it looks great. It certainly looks good on your wrist too!

My only reservation/additional comment is that it reminds me a little of the large leather bracelets/bands that people used to wear 10-15 years ago and this makes me wonder if the style would age well or whether this watch would come into and out of fashion as such? Is it a timeless (no pun intended) piece-I’m not sure.

Notwithstanding the above, it should make a great collection addition.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Both Bulgari and Piaget have watches not a million miles from Patek in terms of design, with superb movements and top quality finishing. Nothing wrong with either brand, IMO.
    Pretty much sums up my thoughts as well Tony.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Personally not for me, but I’d ask myself a few questions:

1. Do I like it?
    2. Can I afford it?
    3. Will I wear it?
    4. Will I take a bath if I want to sell it?

I'd just ask the first 3 questions, and the majority of the answers would be a no for me.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    I'd just ask the first 3 questions, and the majority of the answers would be a no for me.
    So if I flip it, should I message you Scott?

I also tried on those watches. They are beautiful.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The grey dial version on bracelet with off set sub seconds looks fantastic. Any idea of the lug to lug measurements?

I think it is a great watch the ultra thin on bracelet. The monotonous colouring is a great style and the overall design is just different. Plus, anything in Ti is awesome. With these slightly unconventional shapes one needs to try them on to see if they suit. Not a cheap watch though, but certainly different.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IanBear View Post

Useful links thanks - especially as I have always associated Bvlgari with jewellery (though what are watches ...) I really like the design Wayne. Smart and sophisticated but with a sporty edge.

ATB

Jon

Master
    I love the titanium extra-slim version too.

There’s a great new article here: http://watchesbysjx.com/2018/06/hand...automatic.html

Simon

Apprentice
    I can recommend the Octo range. Got an Octo Roma. Personally I think it's one of the most stunning watches I've seen. Fantastic finishing and workmanship, and very comfortable to wear. Go for it!

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X704F using Tapatalk

Master
    Not a brand I have ever taken any notice of but that Ti version is very nice. Way out of my price range though

Master
    I saw this a while ago when t came out, beautiful looking but also a record breaker!

Thinnest Automatic Movement
    World’s Thinnest Minute Repeater
    World's thinnest tourbillion.

It's a nice list of records to hold

Craftsman
    Good to see the positive comments so far. I can always trust this place to set me on the right track :-)

I wouldn't expect to flip this as it could fit so well into my collection, but residuals would be enough of a factor to make me want to find at a discounted price.
    If it’s any indication, I bought a secondhand Aluminium bezel Diagano from a central-London jewellers a few years ago. It was a bit scratched - which was fine by me as I bought to wear. Can’t remember exactly what I paid but it was probably about 10% of the current RRP of the equivalent model. Maybe I was lucky, but any way you cut it this indicates that residuals might be an issue!

Stonking watch for the money - regret not putting it on this morning now...

Master
    Not to my taste but a decent WALINAR watch (= Well At Least Its Not A Rolex)

Never seen one of these before but I can see the attraction. Lovely looking Watch

Quote Originally Posted by kstainsb View Post
    I can recommend the Octo range. Got an Octo Roma. Personally I think it's one of the most stunning watches I've seen. Fantastic finishing and workmanship, and very comfortable to wear. Go for it!

Wow. You got the green dial. That is a beauty

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    ...and absolutely loved it, enough to seriously consider buying it. Am I mad?! You'll probably tell me yes

The watch to be exact was from their Octo range. It was a Titanium case with a grey dial, black numerals, a date (which does show the movement is smaller than most would probably want, but not small enough to be bothersome to me) and on a very comfortable, high quality rubber strap with tang buckle. As I've recently had a bit of a re-jig of the collection, this watch could make a lot of sense as a sports watch that I wouldn't worry about too much. It had vibes of the Aquanauts I've owned believe it or not, and the bead blasted finish was very refreshing. In fact one thing that didn't exactly annoy me but wasn't ideal on the Patek, were the reflections from the cyrstal. However this watch had a crystal that didn't even look like it was there due to the coatings; probably the most "invisible" I've ever come across.

Remember this wouldn't be my only watch; just part of my collection. The only issue (which isn't an issue as discounts can be found) is the price. At £6100, that's obviously a lot of money. Their super thin range is around £11k and I felt it was superbly made, but of course discounts are possible on any of these via grey dealers, and I'd hope to find a good percentage off. That being said, this is an apparently in-house movement in a very thin watch that felt well made, was comfortable and has 100M WR.

Bvlgari appears to be a brand that for obvious reasons flies under the radar of TZers, but, just like Cartier, has merit to its products. The thing is, I wasn't expecting to like the watch, but genuinely couldn't believe just how much it appealed.

I'm not sure this picture does the watch much justice, but would like to hear your opinions anyway...

I later came across this which had a lovely dial, with other options such as Burgundy, brown etc...

I tried one of those while Cruising earlier this month, I like you thought it really nice

Something I’ve not seen before but I do like it ,the grey one probably does it for me

Craftsman
    Grey one for me as well, great looking watch

Quote Originally Posted by kstainsb View Post

My word, that is something!

Craftsman
    Lovely watches.

Master
    Tried one on in Heathrow yesterday I think I might finally go and buy a blue one later this year I have been thinking about it long enough, I like the Finissimo but I’m not a fan of ultra thin watches personally.

only qn now is 38mm v 41mm they wear quite differently , the 41mm is big

Master
    Please no! Just enjoy a watch for what it is and wear it!

tried these on in Tenerife last week and I’ve got to say I was well impressed,if I can get one with a good discount I’d be very interested