closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Any runners?

Master
    Well after a week of running I've now been hit with gout in my left big toe. Hopefully will clear up with my meds over the weekend so I can get back to running next week. Sorry for the grotesque picture...blooming painful.

Craftsman
    Yikes, that looks painful. Hope it settles quickly with meds and you’re back on the roads again soon.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SpydieNut View Post
    Yikes, that looks painful. Hope it settles quickly with meds and you’re back on the roads again soon.
    Thanks mate, could be the running that's caused the flare up so will take it easy next week once it's hopefully settled down.

Master
    Ooh that looks painful. Hope you get better quickly.

Master
    Improved my PB every run last week on my usual 5.25km route. Best was 26:45. As planned, I have now parked the idea of getting quicker and starting today began working on my distance. I set out to do 7’ish km but was able to do 10.45km in 56:13. My second 10k so quite pleased but wondering if this jump is sustainable. I guess I will find out tomorrow morning lol.

Last edited by FK77; 21st January 2019 at 21:58.

Howdo all forum runners, great to see so many who enjoy a gallop...I've been fortunate and managed to drag myself out for a run over the last 30+ years (no major injuries touch wood) and moved from 10ks, to half marathons to marathons to ultras..(the older I get the longer and slower the runs have got !)..I'm fortunate in that I live a mile away from the start of the West Highland Way north of Glasgow so can largely keep offroad as long as I wish..a massive bonus for me...I've ran the Highland Fling 54 mile ultra for the last 8 years and have managed to get an entry in this years WHW race..the full 96 miles within 35 hours...it'll be my third time but still always gives me goosebumps, butterflies and all the rest...amazing event with great atmosphere and comadarie...the thought of a decent afternoons drinking in the Claicaig Inn the day after always spurs you on...best of luck with the training everyone...distance and time doesn't matter, just getting out is all that counts !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellietwed View Post
    Howdo all forum runners, great to see so many who enjoy a gallop...I've been fortunate and managed to drag myself out for a run over the last 30+ years (no major injuries touch wood) and moved from 10ks, to half marathons to marathons to ultras..(the older I get the longer and slower the runs have got !)..I'm fortunate in that I live a mile away from the start of the West Highland Way north of Glasgow so can largely keep offroad as long as I wish..a massive bonus for me...I've ran the Highland Fling 54 mile ultra for the last 8 years and have managed to get an entry in this years WHW race..the full 96 miles within 35 hours...it'll be my third time but still always gives me goosebumps, butterflies and all the rest...amazing event with great atmosphere and comadarie...the thought of a decent afternoons drinking in the Claicaig Inn the day after always spurs you on...best of luck with the training everyone...distance and time doesn't matter, just getting out is all that counts !
    Wow…. An amazing achievement…. I thought I was brave working towards a half marathon!

Master
    I have been consistently running thrice a week. Over the last few weeks, either one or two of the three runs have been 10.5km and the other one or two somewhere between 5.25km and 6km.

I got corticosteroid injections in both my knees on Monday to reduce inflammation which should hopefully allow me to enter the next phase of rehab to further strengthen my weak areas that apparently are the root cause of my injury. The physio prescribed some exercises that were making my knees too sore, hence the additional support to reduce inflammation was required.

The consultant told me not to run or perform any leg-intensive exercises for a week after the injections so I did my last run just a few hours before that. Managed 11.01km in 57:06 which was my longest distance as well as fastest pace for 10k+ runs. This will keep me happy during the lazy week.

Finally got myself a chest-strapped Polar H10 heart rate monitor to more accurately record my HR. I used the fitness test in the app a couple of times and according to that, I am at a decent level. Much better than the Apple Watch’s wrist-based monitor that reports my VO2 Max between 37 and 39, Polar thinks this:

I can’t wait to get back to running, if only to see my average heart rate as reported by Polar and compare it to the scary 185-200 bpm that Apple Watch always records for my runs!

Here's why I bought that survival knife for my time on the trails here in Southern California:

Master
    😲 Cyclists, ultra slow moving cars and tourists are the only hazards where I run.

Craftsman
    Have been out injured for a couple of weeks now with ITB issues

So to cheers myself up I have just entered Bournemouth marathon and signed up to raise money for the charity Bliss. Going to be a lot of miles ran in the summer!

^^^ Best of luck!

Busselton (Western Australia) half marathon tomorrow...it’s a nice flat course but often windy and predicted to be hot.

Quote Originally Posted by RABbit View Post
    Busselton (Western Australia) half marathon tomorrow...it’s a nice flat course but often windy and predicted to be hot.
    At least it’s dry, it’s heavy rain and windy in the Highlands, I’m trying to get motivated to get out for a run 😬😬

Master
    Thought I’d revive this thread. Been running 3 times a week starting exactly 4 months ago. The only exception was a week where I ran just once due to a viral infection. It shouldn’t be like this but I am constantly fretting about missing a run. I have managed to make even this thing stressful but that’s just me 🙄

Focusing on being consistent and trying not to make my knees any worse but gradually getting faster. Last 4 runs have been my quickest so far: 2 x 10.4km and 2 x 5.2km. The best long run was completed in 53:05 and short run in 25:25. Happy with these times.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FK77 View Post
    Thought I’d revive this thread. Been running 3 times a week starting exactly 4 months ago. The only exception was a week where I ran just once due to a viral infection. It shouldn’t be like this but I am constantly fretting about missing a run. I have managed to make even this thing stressful but that’s just me 🙄

Focusing on being consistent and trying not to make my knees any worse but gradually getting faster. Last 4 runs have been my quickest so far: 2 x 10.4km and 2 x 5.2km. The best long run was completed in 53:05 and short run in 25:25. Happy with these times.
    So you should be…. That’s a really good pace….

Similarly I’ve been doing ok this year and I’m on 266km according to Strava year to date…

Nearly weeks off with a horrible virus and I tweaked my back on my last run so have had to rest it so far this week…. It’s horrible when you can’t run 🏃*♂️

Master
    After getting into Running in autumn 2017 interspersed with quite a while off after knackering my feet on a multi-day hike (of all things) I’ve started running again in earnest over the past couple of months. It sometimes feels like I’m playing whack a mole with foot and knee twinges (I’ve had muscle tension in places I didn’t even know I had muscles) but I enjoy it nonetheless. I can do a 10k on the flat in just under 50m and would love to get that under 45m.

Have signed up for the endurancelife Exmoor 10k in early April - by the sound of it I’ll be lucky to do it in 1 hour 45(!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Slightly improved my PB a couple of times since the last post. Best was yesterday ... 10.4 km in 52:18 despite ongoing knee (and now foot too) problems. Feeling (over-)confident, last night I entered the ballot for London Marathon 2020 in a moment of madness. Now wishing I don't get a place as the longest distance I have ever run is about 11.5 km a couple of weeks ago while on holiday. That wasn't exactly flat out as I stopped to take pictures a few times. The thought of nearly 4 times that distance in a competitive event scares me lol. Will have to get some serious training if I do get allotted a place.