closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: How low can you get?

How low can you get?

Robbing a food bank. Sometimes I despair about human nature.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-44586993

Plug

I'm not sure what's the sadder story; the theft or the fact that such a place is necessary in the 21st century.

A dachshund.

Quote Originally Posted by Plug View Post
    Robbing a food bank. Sometimes I despair about human nature.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-44586993

Plug
    A real tragedy of our times on every level.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    I’ve just recently started donating to a local food bank - I just buy a couple of extra items in Sainsbury and pop it in the food bank collection box on the way out. Last year for my 60th birthday in November I was lucky enough to be able to treat myself to a Speedmaster ‘57 co-axial watch (I was born in ‘57) and I also got the Omega leather strap and deployant clasp. I did feel some guilt getting that while others were struggling to get food so I chose as my Christmas present from my wife a couple of trolley loads of food and toiletries from Sainsbury and we took it down to the food bank. I also entered a dieting competition after Christmas with a load of my wife’s 'fuller figured' friends. I beat them hands down but instead of collecting my winnings, I asked them to make a cash donation to the food bank. The people that did that to this food bank have caused misery to many families struggling to feed their families and I can only hope that (a) they get caught, punished, named and shamed and (b) the publicity makes more people aware of food banks and that people rally round to make good the losses from this one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    A dachshund.

()

Master
    It is a pretty depressing state of affairs, on both fronts. That we even NEED food banks in this day and age in this country, and that scumbags thought it was fair game.

I do generally believe that MOST people are good and like many things, it's the minority ruining it for the majority but.. it's still bloody frustrating to see these sorts of stories sometimes.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Sad on 3 levels - we need food banks, somebody robbed a food bank, somebody felt the need to steal food.

The UK is about the 5th largest global economy yet we need food banks, yay rampant capitalism.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

It is crazy!

But... this line seemed a little out of place to me, as I thought they were to provide families with the basics:

"Families are going to get a meagre offering of the basics instead of the normal hamper we give out."
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Motman View Post
    I’ve just recently started donating to a local food bank - I just buy a couple of extra items in Sainsbury and pop it in the food bank collection box on the way out. Last year for my 60th birthday in November I was lucky enough to be able to treat myself to a Speedmaster ‘57 co-axial watch (I was born in ‘57) and I also got the Omega leather strap and deployant clasp. I did feel some guilt getting that while others were struggling to get food so I chose as my Christmas present from my wife a couple of trolley loads of food and toiletries from Sainsbury and we took it down to the food bank. I also entered a dieting competition after Christmas with a load of my wife’s 'fuller figured' friends. I beat them hands down but instead of collecting my winnings, I asked them to make a cash donation to the food bank. The people that did that to this food bank have caused misery to many families struggling to feed their families and I can only hope that (a) they get caught, punished, named and shamed and (b) the publicity makes more people aware of food banks and that people rally round to make good the losses from this one.
    That's a very commendable thing to do Sir.
    We also buy a few extra bits with our (Big Shop) at Sainsbury's and drop them into the food bank box in the store. I don't think we will see an end to the food banks anytime soon.Sadly it's become part of our world.

Master
    Blog Entries
    They are lower than a Smackheads nostrils

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Sad on 3 levels - we need food banks, somebody robbed a food bank, somebody felt the need to steal food.

Indeed.

Welcome to Britain in the 21st Century.

The most grotesque thing of all is that there is a need for food banks at all.

Well done the Government.
    So clever my foot fell off.