closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Wife quoted £480 to replace missing Breitling Bezel Rider tab!

Journeyman

Wife quoted £480 to replace missing Breitling Bezel Rider tab!

Hi everyone :-)

My wife (without consulting me first) recently took her breitling (I'm farely sure its this - Breitling Starliner A71340 1 Blue Mother Of Pearl Diamond Diamond Dial) to - wait for it!!!! Goldsmiths.

Ok, is your hand away from your face yet?

Goldsmiths quoted £480 to have it fixed, I guess this also includes a service (I dont want) does anyone know where/who I can get a rider tab from?

thanks everyone!

Doesn't surprise me, plenty of threads about this. Breitling will not do any work without a service. I'd guess that is the price of the fix plus a quartz service (which is around £385). Breitling claim the watch has to pass their complete quality control before coming back to you, which is why it needs a complete service.

eBay or good selection here (including Starliner): - http://www.ardmorewatches.com/breitling_bezels_tabs.htm

Probably ~£100.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    eBay or good selection here (including Starliner): - http://www.ardmorewatches.com/breitling_bezels_tabs.htm

Probably ~£100.
    and this is why I love forums! people take the p1ss out of me for being a member of many forums.. well whos laughing now.

thanks for the replies people

Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    Perfectly par for the course price. What do you expect if you buy luxury watches?
    No it's not, it's a complete pi$$ take. He says a rider tab not a new crystal and buff over.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    No it's not, it's a complete pi$$ take. He says a rider tab not a new crystal and buff over.
    That is EXACTLY what it is!

Breitling are no better or worse than the others.
    All milking it because they can.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Journeyman

Chronomat Thunderbirds

Thanks for the link as lost a rider but don't need a service for my Breitling

Devils advocate, don't shoot me,,
    Bloke sends expensive watch to have small insignificant repair carried out, repair is done and watch is returned to customer, within days watch is returned by customer who says ''but it was working perfectly'' before I sent it to you.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Thanks for this. Now I’m terrified about losing a rider tab on mine.

I’m curious though; how much to replace two of them? If part of the cost is for the service, then the price increase for two would tell us what the fee is for the tab itself.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I just paid £500 for a new bezel insert as it HAS to have a full service, polish, seal etc.
    They have you by the short and curlies and don't release any parts to the main market.
    I hope to christ when it arrives this week, it looks like a brand new watch!

Grand Master
    Crazy attitude from Breitling.

I can understand this approach if a watch has a movement problem such as a sticking date wheel; sometimes a problem is the tip of the iceberg and a full overhaul is justified. I use the same principle when I receive a watch, partially stripping a movement rarely makes sense. However, when a problem is solely an e tenal one, such as this example, I see no justification whatsoever for insisting on further work. Replacing this part should be a straightforward job and there’s no need for anything else.

Sadly, all the manufacturers are restricting parts supply and creating this situation. Even the accredited/authorised repairers have to follow strict guidelines regarding what can and can’t be done.

At some point customers will decide that expensive watches aren’t worth the hassle and potential costs, manufacturers seem oblivious to this, their heads are buried in the sand........or somewhere else where the sun don’t shine!

Paul