closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Gift for people who are grieving

Gift for people who are grieving

My partner's brother-in-law has just died after a 10 year battle with cancer. The family are of course devastated.

I wanted to buy a gift for her sister, something like a memorial gift or a book - or something. Something to show her we care, but nothing too shrine-like.

Does anybody have any ideas? Everything I've seen is quite chintzy personalised rubbish that looked like it came from Blackpool sea front.

A nicely framed photo of them together?
    Cheers..
    Jase

Depending if they have a garden, nice ornamental tree, like a flowering cherry, maple or a salix.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Put together a photo book capturing all the good times. There are lots of on-line resources.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I think a self care package would be nice.
    Some bath stuff, bottle of something, candles, a series she likes on dvd, fluffy towels etc. It was something I really appreciated during hard times. Some escape.

Sometimes particularly in the immediate aftermath memorial stuff can amplify grief.

Blog Entries
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Some bath stuff, bottle of something, candles, a series she likes on dvd, fluffy towels etc. It was something I really appreciated during hard times. Some escape.

Sometimes particularly in the immediate aftermath memorial stuff can amplify grief.
    Thinks Celia has got spot on here…

Sorry about your news…

Good suggestions from everyone so far, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post

This is the right thing for now, I'll work on this over the weekend.

After that I was thinking either a plant in a pot (so she can take it if she moves) or one of those personalised boxes you can have done for keepsakes - he's left behind a 7 month old son (born 12 hours before our own son) who will never remember him.

It's really a tragedy.

Thanks for everything so far... More suggestions welcome, but as Verv pointed out, it's a bit too raw for anything too heavy right now.