closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor Owners - Have a Look:

Tudor Owners - Have a Look:

Recently bought a fantastic Tudor Heritage Ranger via SC which I'm chuffed with. It came on theTudor SS bracelet, beautifully made. It would also be nice to have the Tudor leather strap and deployant clasp I thought, to chop & change especially with the Ranger having drilled lugs - but to buy them from Tudor costs an arm & a leg.

So, I bought an aftermarket clasp for £30 and arranged with a guy I've bought handmade straps from before via eBay for him to make a strap to fit the clasp, which he did, so I managed to put my own aftermarket piece together for £50, here it is:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Leather looks ok, I am not a fan of fake goods though.

mike

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    Leather looks ok, I am not a fan of fake goods though.

mike
    Me too. Aftermarket for me is unbranded. If it has the Tudor logo it is a fake

Would you define it as fake? That never really even occurred to me. Just a clasp and a leather strap. Tudor want £400 or thereabouts for it. You're p*ssing on my chips now!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by davidj54 View Post
    Would you define it as fake?
    Yes, it's a fake. Sorry for the urine on your frites.

Aftermarket is one thing, fake is another... Just saying.

Would you define it as fake? That never really even occurred to me. Just a clasp and a leather strap. Tudor want £400 or thereabouts for it. You're p*ssing on my chips now!
    It’s claiming to be a Tudor product, of course it’s a fake.

I'll have to put a normal clasp on now, was all pleased with myself! 😢😫

I'll have to put a normal clasp on now, was all pleased with myself!
    Well you’ve bought it now - and it looks ok. Might as well wear it - but I’m sure you wouldn’t sell it on as an original clasp....

Master
    It looks great but as said, it's not legal so not condonable and certainly not in a public arena. I can see your motivation, given the exorbitant cost of accessories, but I'd keep the bragging on this for down the pub!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Well you’ve bought it now - and it looks ok. Might as well wear it - but I’m sure you wouldn’t sell it on as an original clasp....
    The watch is a keeper won't be selling it. Would never buy a fake watch, but the clasp didn't really occur to me. The strap itself is just normal aftermarket. I really like the Tudor bracelet so will have it on that most of the time, just wanted something to mix it up! Nevermind.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    You have bought it now, me, I would just emery off the Tudor logo and polish it up. It's still a functional clasp.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    You have bought it now, me, I would just emery off the Tudor logo and polish it up. It's still a functional clasp.
    This ^^

The deployant is a fake, there isn't any other word for it. I am in the throws of putting together some genuine kit for my Speedmaster Moonphase. I have bought a genuine Omega cordura strap which I am using with an aftermarket deployant that is identical in shape to an Omega one, but has no writing on it at all. That came from Watch Obsession listed as an 'Omega like' deployant.

I am currently looking for a genuine deployant and have a WTB for one, but I wouldn't dream of buying a fake Omega Deployant off e-bay for about £30. I would rather pay around £150 for the real thing.

Last edited by Wallasey Runner; 22nd June 2018 at 19:29.

Personally, I couldn't wear a replica/fake strap or buckle on a genuine watch. It's how I feel about what I wear that is the most important factor for me and whilst I often wear something non-OEM with a genuine watch, I couldn't with something pretending to be OEM.

I'd have just picked up a non branded deployant for that nice strap. I'm proud to wear my beat up, 9 year old, entry level Rolex Expl 2 rather than a new fake Sub. Whatever floats your boat etc OP, and I've always admired the Ranger so enjoy however you choose to wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by FellBasher View Post
    I'm proud to wear my beat up, 9 year old, entry level Rolex Expl 2 rather than a new fake Sub.
    Entry level Explorer II?

I would sell my Submariner long before I sold my Explorer II.

I did do! Had a nice 2010 non date. Couldn't get along with the the bracelet and did some really good things with the sale, but do aspire to own a new Sub as soon as I can. Especialy from my sons birth year, 2016. But was trying to explain that I'd rather wear my chearshed 39mm polar than sport a brand new but cheaper and more easily obtained, fake ceramic.