closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: SEADWELLER SD43 bezel question .uni or bi directional ?

Banned

SEADWELLER SD43 bezel question .uni or bi directional ?

Hi , everyone ! I know there are some very knowledgable people on here so thought I’d ask . I have a 126600 seadweller 50th anniversary and to my horror just realised the bezel is bi-directional . Is that normal ?

I’m looking online to find an answer but can’t seem to find the answer ?

Help please

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Not normal.

Blog Entries
    Should not be bi. Not normal.

Banned

Where did you get the watch from? was it AD supplied, if so you can breathe, if not i would be concerned.

Banned
    I bought it from a dealer at a substantial premium on the list price . Have just messaged him with my concerns . Very worried right now

Banned
    Will update . Thanks for the help guys

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    uni.
    should turn anticlockwise only.

Blimey, do let us know how you get on. Dead curious to know what’s happened.

All the best!

Maybe put up a couple of pictures ?

Can’t see it being fake, but also struggling to see how Rolex could make such an error.

Very strange.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Click spring.

Banned
    Image1529692384.914812.jpg
    A quick update the dealer has agreed to meet me on Wednesday and will offer a full refund once he inspects the watch and confirms bezel is not working properly so I’d rather not mention the dealer as he is a stand up guy and will sort out the issue . It’s full set and was sold with all stickers attached . I’m a bit gutted as I love the watch but relieved the dealer has promised to sort issue out

Master
    As others have already said, it shouldn’t be bidirectional. The reason for this is when you are diving with it and using it to time your dives (as we all know that sub and SD wearers here all do), then if it gets knocked, the bezel can only go in the direction that would shorten your dive rather than lengthen it.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    Click spring.
    Yes. This.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by charlies View Post
    Image1529692384.914812.jpg
    A quick update the dealer has agreed to meet me on Wednesday and will offer a full refund once he inspects the watch and confirms bezel is not working properly so I’d rather not mention the dealer as he is a stand up guy and will sort out the issue . It’s full set and was sold with all stickers attached . I’m a bit gutted as I love the watch but relieved the dealer has promised to sort issue out

Why don’t you just send it in to Rolex for repair under warranty?

Craftsman
    Agreed with last. Don’t send it back, just get it fixed under warranty. Should be a simple job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ants View Post
    Agreed with last. Don’t send it back, just get it fixed under warranty. Should be a simple job.

I could do but because I had just bought it I’d rather a full refund as the dealer has given me this option . Always nervous about a brand new watch that has gone wrong in the first month . It has almost 5 year warranty but I’ve lost my bond with it now .

It sounds like you bought an unworn watch from a grey dealer. They may have not even picked up on the issue. You are in London and so is the Rolex service centre - simples.

As others have suggested it could be a broken or even missing spring that is causing the problem.

Even if the dealer refunds your money, my guess is that they will do what people are advising you to do - then relist it for sale.

Blog Entries
    I could do but because I had just bought it I’d rather a full refund as the dealer has given me this option . Always nervous about a brand new watch that has gone wrong in the first month . It has almost 5 year warranty but I’ve lost my bond with it now .

If I was you I’d get it send it in to Rolex and get the issue sorted it will be a quick fix.
    The dealer is probably willing to take it back as I’ll just shift it on or even make money if you bought it near RRP

Craftsman
    If it is something as simple as the click spring in the bezel coming awry then it shouldn't detract from the watch, though that's down to your own opinion OP.

You'll be gutted when they're £20k

Master
    If you like it then get it repaired under warranty. A bezel spring fault seems quite simple and easy to sort. Don't let it put you off.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LaurasOtherHalf View Post
    You'll be gutted when they're £20k
    Or be very glad to have had his inflated purchase price refunded when these are trading for less than RRP, like the SD4K runt once was

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    Or be very glad to have had his inflated purchase price refunded when these are trading for less than RRP, like the SD4K runt once was
    All the sort after ones are inflated at the minute and unless they up production (can’t see that happening) they’ll stay that way

Maybe!!

Master
    There really isn’t a large a premium on SD43 anymore. So if you can get the money back, you should.

Quote Originally Posted by EJL25 View Post
    There really isn’t a large a premium on SD43 anymore. So if you can get the money back, you should.
    Yes, then buy again at RRP from Rolex.

Every cloud etc

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EJL25 View Post
    Really?

Master

Quote Originally Posted by newsboy View Post
    Really?

Well I’ve seen several sold for around 10-10,5k euro in Europe when the RRP in Finland is 10.250€(or something like that).

Banned
    I paid 9800 which is 1400 over list . I reckon I’ll be able to get one at the price I paid or very close to for a new or almost new one

Blog Entries
    I paid 9800 which is 1400 over list . I reckon I’ll be able to get one at the price I paid or very close to for a new or almost new one

Don’t blame you for retuning it if he’ll give you the full figure back

Blog Entries

List is £8,350

Watchfinder are offering 9.5k for them at the moment

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Montybaber View Post
    But they take all the spare links bezel protector and warranty booklets (possibly switch correct box) and flog them on eBay as well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    But they take all the spare links bezel protector and warranty booklets (possibly switch correct box) and flog them on eBay as well.
    I’ve looked at they’re eBay site a few time and thought they we’re taking the P#$$

Quote Originally Posted by Montybaber View Post
    I wonder how much without the warranty card

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    I wonder how much without the warranty card
    One for sale on eBay at the moment without warranty card it’s been bidded up to £8,100 already

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by newsboy View Post
    List is £8,350

Uk rrp is a lot less than eu rrp hence people seeing them at list but to the UK members seems expensive

Banned

To be honest now that I’m getting my money back I would bite the arm off of an AD willing to sell me one at list but there’s none about and don’t expect that to change anytime soon .

So I’ll probably be paying list plus 1k again which is annoying but it’s the watch I would want to keep and wear

Why the panic ? It's a 2 minute fix.

Grand Master

Can`t believe the questionable logic in this statement! What on earth does 'I`ve lost my bond with it ' mean coming from a grown-up?

Think about it, it's a minor fault with the click spring, it's a simple fix for a repairer and the watch doesn`t need opening up. Whip the bezel off, replace the spring, snap it back together, job done. How can this fault be indicative of deeper problems?......it isn`t, and it's no reason to fall out with the watch.

I know watch-buying is an emotive thing, but this is ridiculous, it's a bit like falling out with a new car because one of the tyres goes flat.

It doesn`t even need fixing immediately. Run the watch for a couple of months, check the timekeeping, and when it goes in for the bezel fixing get the watch regulated too if it needs it.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Can`t believe the questionable logic in this statement! What on earth does 'I`ve lost my bond with it ' mean coming from a grown-up?

Think about it, it's a minor fault with the click spring, it's a simple fix for a repairer and the watch doesn`t need opening up. Whip the bezel off, replace the spring, snap it back together, job done. How can this fault be indicative of deeper problems?......it isn`t, and it's no reason to fall out with the watch.

I know watch-buying is an emotive thing, but this is ridiculous, it's a bit like falling out with a new car because one of the tyres goes flat.

It doesn`t even need fixing immediately. Run the watch for a couple of months, check the timekeeping, and when it goes in for the bezel fixing get the watch regulated too if it needs it.

Paul
    Remember Paul, “there’s nowt so queer as folk!”

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Remember Paul, “there’s nowt so queer as folk!”
    Yeah, I guess you're right Dave.

I just find it hard to understand how some folks' minds work! Sure, we all like things to be 'just so', particularly when making an emotive purchase, but logical thought surely ought to take priority. I can spit my dummy out with the best of 'em when something isn`t right, but after the initial hissy fit I pop my dummy back in, calm down, then start thinking what to do.

An expensive new watch shouldn't have faults, but it does happen. Given that this one's a simple fix, and the fact that the OP's close enough to Rolex Service centre to take it in, that surely would seem to be the best way forward.

Paul

I’m with you on this one Paul and the OP’s actions are difficult to understand when you understand the issue and know how simple a fix it is. Fifteen minutes at RSC would have it fixed.

Having said that, it’s not our watch or our money having been spent and it’s the OP’s choice at the end of the day.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I’m with you on this one Paul and the OP’s actions are difficult to understand when you understand the issue and know how simple a fix it is. Fifteen minutes at RSC would have it fixed.

Having said that, it’s not our watch or our money having been spent and it’s the OP’s choice at the end of the day.
    Buyer’s remorse...

The 5 year warranty exists for these faults that come up. I think this thread just proves a lot of what’s wrong with the reason some people are buying Rolex.

but I’ve lost my bond with it now .

Seriously?

Journeyman
    Uni-directional. Easy fix then enjoy wearing it. Had one last year and regret letting it go. It looks a lovely watch.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolex16622 View Post
    Uni-directional. Easy fix then enjoy wearing it. Had one last year and regret letting it go. It looks a lovely watch.
    I love the watch and have enjoyed it this far , I’ll either be repairing it or buying another so it’s not buyers remorse as mentioned earlier in a post

Master
    Blog Entries
    +1 for this. Sense and sensibility.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post

Paul

I think you’d be throwing the baby out with the bath water. This should increase your bond with it not stop it happening. You’ll be back to square one. Start again with the search, make contact, arrange to view, worry it’s genuine, agonise some more, arrange payment, collect/receive all over again.

To be honest now that I’m getting my money back I would bite the arm off of an AD willing to sell me one at list but there’s none about and don’t expect that to change anytime soon .

So I’ll probably be paying list plus 1k again which is annoying but it’s the watch I would want to keep and wear
    Seriously?!

You’re prepared to pay £1,000 + all the hassle of rebuying, rather than let Rolex spend 5 minutes replacing a click spring for free?!

Words fail me...

Simon

Master

I love the watch and have enjoyed it this far , I’ll either be repairing it or buying another so it’s not buyers remorse as mentioned earlier in a post

You can’t blame me for saying it seeing as you wanted to return a watch that is under warranty. I’m actually amazed the sellers are so accommodating really, you’d imagine they’d just point you to the fact it’s new and has a 5 year warranty. Or is this more telling about the warranty card issue and the ‘dealer’ worrying about someone being ratted out.

Forget buying another one, just get it sorted. You could buy another and you might spot a defect on the dial after a few days.