closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bill Speakman VC

Bill Speakman VC

Not normally a fan of the RIP threats however perhaps a few here might what to to pay their respects to a proper hero (in the true sense of the word) who passed away today.

For more information about the man see https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Speakman

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    Not normally a fan of the RIP threats however perhaps a few here might what to to pay their respects to a proper hero (in the true sense of the word) who passed away today.

For more information about the man see https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Speakman
    One of the last of the old school hero’s. Not sure we’ll see the like again. Thank you & rest easy fella

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was some man
    Legend has it he threw beer bottles at the Chinese when he ran out of grenades.
    We are unlikely to see his like again.

Blog Entries
    I read his Wiki-page: a true hero indeed. I'm sure that others will fill his shoes. Ordinary men or women will step forward like Speakman did and become a hero. Sad though that we need war(s) to become aware of potential VC heroes.

Menno

I met Bill Twice about 5 years ago,I was working on the poppy appeal campaign and we travelled down to Cornwall to shoot him for that November’s ad campaign. For some reason we had to reshoot a week later and I had to stand in line next to him but out of focus as if we were on parade. He was humble, and a real gent, you could tell he was somebody who would never give up but he certainly didn’t come across as an action hero/gung-ho swashbuckling type. I feel honoured to have met him.