closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Crap Customer Service From BOSE

Crap Customer Service From BOSE

Maybe it’s me, but I’m getting used to fantastic customer service from the likes of Apple and Amazon.

Cue BOSE. Bought a pair of QC25s in Germany. Out of the box the cable fails in a couple of days. A call to BOSE and I’m told the cable is not in warranty. That’ll be £21.95. You what!

Had to battle with a customer services manager who relented in the end as I convinced him it wasn’t a warranty claim, and the cable was sold faulty as part of the QC25 purchase. This is a one-time offer only sir - we won’t replace it again. FO I said in my head.

All this crap for a one-dollar cable marked up 30-fold. They won’t be seeing my hard earned again any time soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Maybe it’s me, but I’m getting used to fantastic customer service from the likes of Apple and Amazon.

Cue BOSE. Bought a pair of QC25s in Germany. Out of the box the cable fails in a couple of days. A call to BOSE and I’m told the cable is not in warranty. That’ll be £21.95. You what!

Had to battle with a customer services manager who relented in the end as I convinced him it wasn’t a warranty claim, and the cable was sold faulty as part of the QC25 purchase. This is a one-time offer only sir - we won’t replace it again. FO I said in my head.

All this crap for a one-dollar cable marked up 30-fold. They won’t be seeing my hard earned again any time soon.
    From a major league player like Bose, that is shocking!
    Given (by your own comment) the ultra-low cost of the cable to Bose, you would have thought that their response should be “Sorry sir, a new cable will be in the post to you today and thanks for being a valued customer” SMALL cost to them, BIG appreciation from you! Does it not occur to these idiots(not just Bose) that people talk to each other and if you suffer a shitty experience, you are not going to be telling your mates how great Bose are! Rocket science, it certainly is not!

I had an issue with QC25's 2yrs after buying in Chicago airport.

They were brilliant sorting things out and actually sent me some QC35s in error as replacement. Told me to keep them when I raised it.

So I love Bose!

Poor for you tho

Master
    My mate bought a Bose sound bar and it kept cutting out on sky Bose kept blaming sky and sending him software updates which were useless but refused to replace it or refund him despite it being brand new, don't think he will by any more Bose gear after that

Master
    If you're on AVForums post this up. Could be strong warning for those thinking of buying.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

My QC25 developed a known fault about a year after purchase. No problem, no quibble. A pre-paid package was sent to me for return and new earphones sent.

It would be such a shame if this approach has changed. Especially for a premium product!

That’s actually quite unlike Bose.

I tried to buy replacement ear pads for an old pair of Bose cans and they insisted on sending them to me FOC.

Craftsman
    Disappointing. I’ve always had great service from BOSE Glasgow.

Craftsman
    interested to know known fault... mine make popping noises when going through tunnels?

Craftsman
    I think that’s down to your own hardware... ;-)

One of our cats chewed through the cable on my wife's expensive (QC20) Bose headphones. Only the cable between the control unit and one of the earpieces was damaged - not any of the electronics.

She contacted Bose, who said that it was not possible to repair them, but as a special concession they would sell her a new set at a discount. She then checked on Amazon, where she found that she could get the same headphones at less than the Bose "reduced" price!

(Don't suppose there's anywhere that repairs such things, is there? Not sure that my soldering skills are up to it.)

If both ends of the cable terminate into moulded plastic then they probably couldn’t be repaired though I suppose you could cut out a price of cable and put in a patch cable but it wouldn’t look good.