closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Jurassic World : Fallen Kingdom (spoilers)

Master

Jurassic World : Fallen Kingdom (spoilers)

Took my two kids to see this last night (aged 10 and 6) and was quite surprised to see them both bawling their eyes out (they were either side of me so consoling them both was a bit easier).
    I thought it might have frightened them but they were crying with empathy for the dying dinosaurs.
    I won’t give too much away but if you plan on taking a little un, be prepared for some heartbreak.

Was I the only one confused by the low numbers in the dinosaur auction? They were going on like it was mega-bucks for the world’s most advanced weaponised bio-tech...bloody dinosaurs, and I was thinking “you couldn’t buy a middling premiership football player for that money”, “Paul Newman’s watch went for more than that one...”

Craftsman
    I honestly thought it was the worst of the five films. Worse than 3 which everyone seems to dislike but i enjoyed. The twist with the little girl and the way the dinos were released was so incredibly cringe worthy it actually made me laugh. Like they knew were they wanted to go so getting there wasnt important at all. Filler.

We took the kids last weekend.

Of course I love the original, but as I have said elsewhere, this one is a huge great steaming pile of dinosaur doodoo.

Absolute garbage on every level.
    So clever my foot fell off.

It was a load of pish, the franchise is back in "milk it until it dies" territory.

I'm willing to suspend disbelief to a certain extent, like accepting that dinosaurs have been brought back... but shipping them in the back of lightweight trucks into the basement of an old house... not so much.

Mrs. Fatboy is a huge JP fan and she hated this with a passion!

The second one is her other least favourite as, like your little ones, she doesn't like it when people are mean to the vegesauruses, however even that one didn't come in for the severe bashing that this one got (even though they're kind of the same film)!

I just thought it was poor, a definite cash-in with no real effort at a plot or coherent story. It's always nice watching Bryce Dallas Howard though....

Quote Originally Posted by thefatboy View Post
    It's always nice watching Bryce Dallas Howard though....

Ordinarily I'd agree, I thought she was magnificent in the first (fourth) one, but I'd have liked her to have been substituted off for Jessica Chastain on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    Ordinarily I'd agree, I thought she was magnificent in the first (fourth) one, but I'd have liked her to have been substituted off for Jessica Chastain on this one.
    Miss Chastain is very watchable too but I just find BDH a little cuter, I'm not sure I can explain exactly though without sounding creepy, so I'll not try!

Quote Originally Posted by thefatboy View Post
    Miss Chastain is very watchable too but I just find BDH a little cuter, I'm not sure I can explain exactly though without sounding creepy, so I'll not try!
    I do know what you mean, BDH is definitely cuter but JC would have added some sex to the movie to make up for the lack of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandsire View Post
    I honestly thought it was the worst of the five films.
    V.5 !! Seen it with my 15yo daughter last weekend and that say's it all.
    Film makers need to stop milking the b0ll0cks off movies and come up with some new scripts.

My 9yo enjoyed it
    I fall asleep