closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Virgin Media broadband bad customer service

Master

Virgin Media broadband bad customer service

So in April I cancelled the broadband. Virgin media fibre 150M ...around £60 a month.

No longer getting any use as I'm away on business most of the year.

Just noticed I've been billed twice in May and June so I call them up.

They admit its a mistake and say they will cancel and reimburse me...by cheque.

I'm unlikely to be in the house for several months and even if I was I don't think I've handled a cheque in over 10 years. I've never set foot in my local branch.
    So I ask them just to credit back the account. They say they can't.

They say the alternative is to get my bank to refund the payments then pay a partial payment for the remainder of the partial refund for the first month. This seems like even more hassle.

So I'm further inconvenienced by a mistake they made and admit to. I must have been paying them £60 a month for 10 years and this is how they treat their customers.
    Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
    So in April I cancelled the broadband. Virgin media fibre 150M ...around £60 a month.

I'm unlikely to be in the house for several months and even if I was I don't think I've handled a cheque in over 10 years. I've never set foot in my local branch.

They say the alternative is to get my bank to refund the payments then pay a partial payment for the remainder of the partial refund for the first month. This seems like even more hassle.

So I'm further inconvenienced by a mistake they made and admit to. I must have been paying them £60 a month for 10 years and this is how they treat their customers.
    Pathetic.
    You can pay in a cheque via the Post Office. They have a nice little envelope. You do need ID to do it. Driver's Licence should do.

Master
    I’m in India , then Mauritius , then Paris for the next few months. God knows when I’ll be back in the UK.

Just get them to post it to your bank with details of your bank account and instructions to pay it in?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post

Pathetic.
    Not happy to read this, they CAN credit your account back if they wanted to, offering a cheque is archaic and bloody minded and I wonder if their bean counting policy makers are just playing being ‘arses’ in the hope that you may not bother paying the cheque in. Petty and pathetic, I know but that is how VM are coming across here and I do have a small dog in this as a Vmf customer myself and would be equally irritated to be treated like this!

Virgin appear to know little about how to keep customers happy it seems!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mindforge View Post
    Just get them to post it to your bank with details of your bank account and instructions to pay it in?
    They say they are not authorised to do anything other than send me a cheque or I can do the convoluted disputed direct debit process with the bank.

Its a joke , on the phone the rep was getting quite snooty and acting like it wasn't their problem and I'd just have to put up with it. Talk about adding insult to injury

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by KavKav View Post
    Not happy to read this, they CAN credit your account back if they wanted to, offering a cheque is archaic and bloody minded and I wonder if their bean counting policy makers are just playing being ‘arses’ in the hope that you may not bother paying the cheque in. Petty and pathetic, I know but that is how VM are coming across here and I do have a small dog in this as a Vmf customer myself and would be equally irritated to be treated like this!

Virgin appear to know little about how to keep customers happy it seems!

Seriously and I've had their top flight broadband package for nearly 10 years. You would think I would be exactly the type of customer they would want to keep on their good side.

I too was wondering if it was sharp practice. I wonder how much money they make by hanging onto payments from non-cancelled accounts until the customer notices. They are hardly sacrificing their profit margin by chucking a stupid old cheque in the post.

Isn't there something terribly ironic about a company that touts itself as supplying the fastest and most up to date internet service in the UK relying on the postal service and paper cheques to sort its mistakes
    Last edited by Mr.D; 22nd June 2018 at 09:16.

I think anyone using virgin needs to be very careful, when it comes to sharp practices they are top of the tree, Sky are pussies by comparison. you negotiate a contract price then they increase the price three times in a year and argue its in their Ts & Cs.

Master
    Anyone who thinks that ANY big corporation are anything other than money-grubbing shysters these days is deluding themselves. They are all the same.
    I've found the best way to make them squirm and 'toe-the-line' is to slag them on social media. I did this with Barclays a while ago and it was amazing how quickly my issue was resolved by a 'Senior Manager'

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    Anyone who thinks that ANY big corporation are anything other than money-grubbing shysters these days is deluding themselves. They are all the same.
    I've found the best way to make them squirm and 'toe-the-line' is to slag them on social media. I did this with Barclays a while ago and it was amazing how quickly my issue was resolved by a 'Senior Manager'
    Public 'outing' on social media isn't my preferred method and only ever done it once...to Virgin Media.
    Unhappy with the BB speed despite them 'fixing' it to no avail. Quick tweet and a box for the hardware was sent to us promptly.

I ordered Virgin Broadband quite a few years ago with free next delivery for hardware which was usually £30 delivery charge. My online order showed £0-00 which I expected. Then on my first bill I was charged the £30 delivery! I managed to get £10 back but the lost the will to live for the remainder. Keep the money Richard.

Now when I cannot get matters sorted I send an email to the CEO/Executive Office. Usually within a week, it is all sorted.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by prexelor View Post
    I ordered Virgin Broadband quite a few years ago with free next delivery for hardware which was usually £30 delivery charge. My online order showed £0-00 which I expected. Then on my first bill I was charged the £30 delivery! I managed to get £10 back but the lost the will to live for the remainder. Keep the money Richard.

Now when I cannot get matters sorted I send an email to the CEO/Executive Office. Usually within a week, it is all sorted.
    I think I'll do the same thing. Don't see why I should be inconvenienced at all because of their own admitted screw up.

Master
    Ah the irony continues.

Fired off an email to the “ Executive Director of Customer Journeys”.

Just got an automated reply saying he’s no longer with the company and directed towards another suit.

Maybe there is a reason they seem to prefer snail mail and bits of paper.

Master
    Just an update. I contacted another customer services senior executive at Virgin and they agreed to give me a payment back directly to my account.

I’ve not checked it yet but here’s hoping.