closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Advice Please - PRS-18-Q vs CWC RN Diver Quartz

Master

Advice Please - PRS-18-Q vs CWC RN Diver Quartz

Hi All,

I already have a CWC RN Diver Matte Quartz but I keep looking at the PRS18Q - I love the idea of a quartz with a COSC rating. Does anybody here own both? If so, could you assist me with my deliberations?

Many Thanks,

J

2 very different beasts, main difference for me is the case shape and i think you need to try these on your wrist first to see the difference
    i couldn't decide , so i have both , obviously
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

I have both, but I prefer the CWC. The PRS-18 is a little too top-heavy for me.

I have both and agree with everyone here. The CWC looks larger but is significantly slimmer than the PRS-18Q. Each watch works for different situations so to answer your question, yes by all means add the Precista to your collection as it’s a fantastic value for money.

Advice Please - PRS-18-Q vs CWC RN Diver Quartz

I have both but in automatic form.
    Without a doubt the CWC is the better watch but one would expects so considering the price point.
    I prefer the case shape of the CWC over the PRS the bezel action is miles better and the dial print is better. (I dislike the extra text and different hands on the new Chronometer version). That said the PRS lume beats the CWC (autos) hands down and it has sapphire crystal (2 out of 3 of my CWCs do not).
    The PRS18 in both Quartz and Auto are fantastic value for money and it sits in my collection alone side the CWCs and PRS82 would I miss it if it was not there? No, in fact I bought it to try to stop myself buying the CWC 1980 reissue, and it failed, would I get rid of it? No.
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 21st June 2018 at 15:28.

Master
    Thanks for the replies so far. I wear the CWC daily but the PRS caught my attention & won't quite let go. Not better, not worse, just different. As others have said, the PRS seems fantastic value for the money, I think I'm going to have to have one...

I have both and both imo are great buys, as has been noted the CWC wears lower on the wrist and the PRS is slimmer but higher and in my case more susceptible to the odd ding or two (but clumsiness is my middle name) I sold my old PRS to fund the new one but wish i had been able to keep both. The CWC came up elsewhere for sale at a great price and it was something id wanted for a while.

Wouldn't part with either of them now and perhaps the other PRS version may return one day.