closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Dornbluth... how personalised??

Dornbluth... how personalised??

Gents I’m (well actually my wife is) considering a Dornbluth for my 50th next year and when looking at previous posts I notice that many owners/sellers say ‘no personalised engravings etc’.

Does anyone know what kind of ‘personalisation’ Dornbluth offer?

I imagine that they can engrave a date (or even a name/initials perhaps?) on the movement but will they also personalise a dial in some way?

And does anyone else know if any other manufacturer offers similar personalisation services?

Thanks in advance for any advice....

Master
    Blog Entries
    They normally engrave the movement. Keep an eye on lead times though as I think it takes a while from them. You dont want to miss the big day!

Thanks Dave, I’ve got until April so I’m hoping to be ok!!

(Just need to make up my mind which one!!)

You can have any (reasonable) inscription put on the back movement. A name or a date is no issue. Just before the watch build, Dirk will contact you to see what inscription you want.If you prefer something different on the dial, you may have to speak to Dirk direct to see what can and cannot be done.

Lead times can be up to a year so if it is for a birthday make sure he knows in advance to ensure the watch is ready in time.

P.S. Dirk and his team are excellent to deal with.
    Last edited by zippy; 20th June 2018 at 22:31.

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    You can have any (reasonable) inscription put on the back movement. A name or a date is no issue. Just before the watch build, Dirk will contact you to see what inscription you want.If you prefer something different on the dial, you may have to speak to Dirk direct to see what can and cannot be done.

Lead times can be up to a year so if it is for a birthday, make sure he knows in advance to ensure the watch is ready in time.

Thank you.

Dornbluth... how personalised??

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post

Lead times can be up to a year so if it is for a birthday make sure he knows in advance to ensure the watch is ready in time.

This! ^^^^^

Mine took about 10 months with no real alterations that were not already offered.

I had my name and year engraved on the movement as I knew this was a keeper.

Dirk is great and if you let him know when you need the watch he will try and accommodate but don’t hang about as he will also most likely close down some time in July/August for holidays.

He will also send you photos of the watches assembly if you ask

Good luck

Last edited by paw3001; 20th June 2018 at 22:45.

Quote Originally Posted by spuds View Post
    Thank you.

If you're considering options, the one I'd go for is the applied appliques. It definitely lifts the dial to a new level.

I just saw when your birthday was. I had to wait 9 months and when my watch was ready the waiting list was then a year if you were just ordering. I would maybe contact Dirk to see what the latest waiting times are tomorrow.

Excellent, I’m much happier pressing ahead now, knowing that you guys have dealt with them and are happy.

Thank you again Gents....