closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: G-Shock has spoilt my Sea Dweller

G-Shock has spoilt my Sea Dweller

Bizarre title I know.

I've been wearing a big old chunky G-Shock a lot recently and leaving my SD in the drawer. Put it back on last night and it feels tiny by comparison. Anyone else experienced anything similar? Staring at it now and it feels like I'm wearing a childs watch!

Mike

I would throw my g-shock in the bin if I could afford a sea dweller :/

Master
    Time to go Deepsea

Grand Master
    You've got this wrong. The G-shock is a big ugly thing, but like having a boil on your wrist you get used to it (sort of). The 'proper' watch looks right, the G-shock looks..........like a G shock.

Try swapping from a 41mm Seamaster Pro to a 34mm 1950s Seamaster....takes a few hrs to get used to it!

Size does matter.

Smile

I quite agree...........

(you should get rid of the S.D.!!!!!!!!!......maybe get a few Omegas for it! lol!).

Master
    I have a G-shock I'd happily swap for your SD, it's quite big...

My 126600 has spoilt my 16600.

In a hypothetical 'you can keep only one' scenario I would probably choose my G Shock over my Explorer.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    In a hypothetical 'you can keep only one' scenario I would probably choose my G Shock over my Explorer.
    That’s great, because in a hypothetical 'you can keep only one' scenario I would take your Explorer.

If I had to only keep one it'd be my G too. I'd keep a couple of others for sentimental reasons as ornaments but if it was one to wear it could only be the G.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    That’s great, because in a hypothetical 'you can keep only one' scenario I would take your Explorer.
    Everybody wins then!

For the cost of a Rolex bracelet you can have a whole collection of G Shocks including a few rare and collectable ones!

By modern standards a seadweller isn’t a very big watch, although it depends on your wrists and general build. I used to wear a 44mm Panerai and a seadweller in rotation and my wife thought the seadweller looked tiny after I’d worn the Panerai for a week. They also look smaller than a sub date as the dial is actually smaller on the SD
    The biggest problem I had when moving from a G shock to a Rolex and back, was the lack of an alarm or any of the functions you tend to get used to on a g shock. Thousands of pounds and you get 3 hands and a tiny date!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    If I had to go to one watch it would be a Casio GW 5000 on combi bracelet and sell my other expensive watches .

Quote Originally Posted by P9MES View Post
    Bizarre title I know.

I've been wearing a big old chunky G-Shock a lot recently and leaving my SD in the drawer. Put it back on last night and it feels tiny by comparison. Anyone else experienced anything similar? Staring at it now and it feels like I'm wearing a childs watch!

Mike
    How big's your wrist Mike?

Craftsman
    Free tip: don’t try on a 38mm GS after you worn a Panerai all day 😉

Sign of the times re watch design. Was killing a few mins in town whilst waiting for the wife, so had a nosey at the Seiko display in Samuel's window (it's been a while since I last looked, as in about 10 yrs...), and couldn't believe the size of the bloody things. Even their 'dress' watches were bigger than all my old divers and chronograph's...

Everybody wins then!

For the cost of a Rolex bracelet you can have a whole collection of G Shocks including a few rare and collectable ones!
    That sounds like a bargain to me although I do think the explorer is a beautiful watch. Having said that, I’m still glad I opted for the Rolex GMT Pepsi back in 2002.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 200mwaterresistant View Post
    Size does matter.
    Whaaaattttt??? My mrs has always told me it doesn’t!?

The liar!

Grand Master
    Last time I glance in a shop selling Seikos I was surprised how big they are now, looks like the classic Seiko 5 at around 36mm has been replaced by something far too big for my taste.

If I was trying to buy a new watch thesedays I’d struggle 36-37mm for a 3 handed ‘ normal’ watch ( not a diver or chrono) is the biggest I’m happy wearing.......and they don’t seem to be made any longer! Rolex still make some nice ones but mot everyone wants to spwnd Rolex money.

Thank god for vintage watches! Most of mine are 34-36mm and that’s fine for me.

Paul

Craftsman
    Just faced a similar dilemma. Had a Sea Dweller for years, my favourite watch. Bought a Panerai Luminor Marina 44mm. After wearing that for a while, the sea dweller felt way too small, so have ended up selling the Rolex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by P9MES View Post
    Bizarre title I know.

Mike
    I wear a G-Shock most of the time and a Submariner when I am dressed up smart. It obviously does feel a bit smaller, but not so small that it feels like my childhood mickey mouse watch.
    Not sure of the size difference between a sub and a sd. Is the sd smaller?