closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watch brushing around Sussex/surrey?

Craftsman

Watch brushing around Sussex/surrey?

Hi all,

I seem to have managed to get a reasonable scratch just across the folding clam shell on the clasp of my 16600 Seadweller. The rest of the watch is fine and I was wondering if somebody might be able to point me in the right direction for having just the clam shell brushed to remove the scratch?

Thanks

Master
    Why not have a go yourself? Invest in a garryflex block from Amazon. There are plenty of tutorials on YouTube and I'm sure someone on here will offer you some good tips shortly. If you don't like the result you can then have it professionally done. You've got nothing to lose.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Becareful as the clam will soon wear down.

how to delete vimeo account

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by estoban7 View Post
    Why not have a go yourself? Invest in a garryflex block from Amazon. There are plenty of tutorials on YouTube and I'm sure someone on here will offer you some good tips shortly. If you don't like the result you can then have it professionally done. You've got nothing to lose.
    The above.Try a wet foam pan scourer.Polishing is removing scratches with smaller scratches when all is said and done.I did My 93150 and it came up a treat

PM sent. Happy to help or send some pads for you to try.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bry1975 View Post
    Becareful as the clam will soon wear down.

how to delete vimeo account
    Nobody wants a worn out clam....

Craftsman
    Thanks for the responses guys. It is literally just the safety catch that is scratched. I may well give one of those abrasive pads a go myself.

Use a purple (fine) 3m pad and depending on the current finish you may need to refine with a grey. The advantage of purple and grey is they are consistent in grit size so give a very even sheen.
    The green (general purpose cleaning) pad is a mixed abrasive size pad. It normally looks good/ right overall, but won t have quite the same consistency or quality of finish as the metal refinishing pads.