closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bulova Archive Series - what's going on?

Bulova Archive Series - what's going on?

Over the last couple of years Bulova has been releasing updated versions of it's classic watches in what it refers to as the Archive Series.

The first was the Lunar Pilot 'Moonwatch', and the second was the Chronograph C 'Stars & Stripes'. It also produced a black-case version of the Lunar Pilot.

The third distinct model in the Archive Series was the subject of a much-publicised public poll, with the winner by a significant margin being a re-release of the famous 666 'Devil Diver'. At the time Bulova also announced that the release of this model would be at Baselworld 2018, with both an LE orange dial 40mm version and a non-LE black & red dial 44mm version (the same colour scheme as the original one).

As I own both a first generation Lunar Pilot and a Stars & Stripes, I had decided that I'd seriously consider buying a Devil Diver when it was released, thus creating a mini-collection of each of the Archive Series watches.

This is where it all gets a bit strange...

Although I believe that Bulova did confirm the Devil Divers existence at Baselworld, there seems to have been complete 'radio silence' ever since. I don't know if they launched it at the show, it doesn't appear on their website at all and there seems to be nothing about it in the watch press either.

Anyone got any idea what's going on?

Simon

Read somewhere they would be availabe fall 2018.
    It is almost summer now......

A lot of the Basel world stuff hasn't been released yet. I'd say Sept onwards.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

I thought i had read somewhere July will see if i can find the link.

Bit disappointed about the non LE being 44mm. Might have to to try and find an original before the re-issue generates more interest and pushes the price up ;)

Quote Originally Posted by AndyR View Post
    I thought i had read somewhere July will see if i can find the link.

Bit disappointed about the non LE being 44mm. Might have to to try and find an original before the re-issue generates more interest and pushes the price up ;)
    To be honest I was a bit disappointed to see that the LE is going to be 40mm-ish and orange dial. That makes it too small for me and also the wrong colour as I already own a Doxa Sub 1500t Professional.

So if I buy I'll be going for the cheaper non-LE - right colour, right size (for me).

If they're releasing in the autumn I'm just a bit surprised that there is absolutely nothing on their website. Mind you, their website's a bit rubbish...

Simon

Methinks I'll be getting the 40mm orange dial Devil Diver,
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

It was like this when they announced the black-cased version of the moonwatch. A couple of pictures on an Instagram feed followed by nada for what seemed like, and probably was, months.

Whenever they got around to releasing it my interest had waned and besides, I don't even recall any release announcements they made.

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    It was like this when they announced the black-cased version of the moonwatch. A couple of pictures on an Instagram feed followed by nada for what seemed like, and probably was, months.

Whenever they got around to releasing it my interest had waned and besides, I don't even recall any release announcements they made.
    Considering they're owned by Citizen these days you would have thought they could sort out their marketing, wouldn't you...

Simon