closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Damasko Service / warranty work?

Damasko Service / warranty work?

Re: Damasko watches, specifically a DC66...

If the watch has Damasko warranty would it need to be sent back to Germany or is there a UK option.

Would a DC66 need to go back to Damasko for service work or, again is there a UK option?

Many thanks

Craftsman
    If you buy it in the UK then they ask that you go to the seller first.

I got fed up waiting for a reply so asked damasko if I could send it straight to them as the UK sellers just ship them back for repairs anyway, they said thats fine. However it seems to cost about £60 with insurance so am chasing the UK seller, suspect in my case it'll be better to just cough up the money.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wombleh View Post
    If you buy it in the UK then they ask that you go to the seller first.

I got fed up waiting for a reply so asked damasko if I could send it straight to them as the UK sellers just ship them back for repairs anyway, they said thats fine. However it seems to cost about £60 with insurance so am chasing the UK seller, suspect in my case it'll be better to just cough up the money.
    Page & Cooper perchance?

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...highlight=Page

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...highlight=Page

Don’t think mine would be going back there....

Craftsman
    Yea I think I knew that the right move is to ship it direct, annoyed at having to spend the extra cash but less annoyed than I would be getting treated like the poor fella in the thread you linked. Lesson learnt, off to parcel pro!

EDIT - or would be if parcelpro allowed non business signups, DHL seem good prices but only cover up to £1k.
    Last edited by wombleh; 18th June 2018 at 20:22.

Thanks for the replies.

Just wondering if Damasko have a regular 'shipper' that they deal with and if you could book a collection through them?

I know some companies, would for example have a "courier" account and be able to send the customer a shipping label.

Cheers

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wombleh View Post
    Yea I think I knew that the right move is to ship it direct, annoyed at having to spend the extra cash but less annoyed than I would be getting treated like the poor fella in the thread you linked. Lesson learnt, off to parcel pro!

EDIT - or would be if parcelpro allowed non business signups, DHL seem good prices but only cover up to £1k.
    Quote Originally Posted by wadsy View Post
    Thanks for the replies.

Just wondering if Damasko have a regular 'shipper' that they deal with and if you could book a collection through them?

I know some companies, would for example have a "courier" account and be able to send the customer a shipping label.

Cheers
    Or just talk to Jeroen who used to work for parcelpro and has now set up his own business, I haven’t had cause to use him myself yet but he’s ‘known’ to the forum and others have.

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...ight=Parcelpro

https://www.ifs-inforsure.com

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    Best to deal with Damasko direct. They are a decent outfit
    I'd agree with this, had an email to let me know the watch had arrived with them and then about a week later a follow up to say they'd had a look and it'll be repaired under warranty and returned. It was around the 2 year mark (few extra weeks delay while P&C mucked me about) so they could easily have been awkward about it but no sign of that all.

Craftsman
    Top marks for damasko, fixed watch under warranty with no quibbles. Was returned to me within a couple of weeks and they'd even touched up some scratches on the bezel for me.