closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: IWC stopping

IWC stopping

Stupid question I think, mate of mine gave me his IWC chrono to send off to be serviced as it was stopping twice a day....
    I noticed the crown was out at the first position, would this disengage the rotor?....screwed it back in and its been keeping time on my wrist all day....

Normally 2nd pull out to make the movement hack... mabey he had it slipping between 1 and 2, never screwed in?

Master
    Blog Entries
    I've got the exact same watch so can check up later.

Grand Master
    Give the watch a full hand- winding, leave it running dial- up, and see how it performs. It may be stopping intermittently. Check the time against a known accurate source ( quartz watch is easiest) and see how long it runs.

Surprised the owner didn’t think to try this, It’s an easy check.

If the watch performs OK the next step is to let it run down, give it 5 twists of the crown then wear it for an ‘ active’ day. Take it off and see how long it runs. If it runs over 30 hrs the likelihood is that the auto.- winding’s OK. A timegrapher would help because the amplitude could be monitored, that’s a good way to see whether the auto- winding’s working, but trying my suggested test will give a good indication.

Paul