closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: SOTC

SOTC

My last state of the collection was back in 2015 when I first joined the forum, so what has happened since then.

When joining I had;
    Seiko Kinetic
    Rolex Datejust
    Oris big crown date pointer
    Moto 360 smart watch
    Seiko 5

Added in October 2015
    Omega Seamaster 2220.80
    Because I am a bond fan and prefer this to a Submariner to fill my diver needs

Added in November 2015
    Seiko SKX007
    Because I watch far too much youtube and TGV raved about it. It ain't all that but serves as a beater for gardening in.
    I was totally underwhelmed with the quality even for £250. more hype than substance & gains +20 seconds a day.

Added September 2016
    Omega Speedmaster moonwatch.
    A gift from my family for my 50th Birthday. Bless them all.
    For me this is the exact opposite of the SKX, all the hype is justified. This watch is a bit of history, is pure class, a total strap whore which looks great on everything. It is a forum favourite for a very good reason. Awesome watch.

Added August 2017
    Breitling Navitimer World
    The total upper limit in terms of size for me. Spotted a sixth month old, second-hand one in the window of my local Berry's and negotiated the price down to £3.6K. I adore this watch. The blue dial just looks phenomenal and the crystal always amazes me as I feel like I could touch the dial face and just wait for the sweep hand to tap my finger. Why aren't all crystals this brilliantly clear?

Added December 2017
    Rolex GMT Master 2 BLNR
    What can I say? I searched for 18 months for one of these. Handled one in Barcelona in Spetember 2016 but didn't have my passport on me. Finally got one in December 2017 and was totally disappointed with it. I dont think the games Rolex are playing help at all, nor the attitude of some Goldsmiths sales assistants who give the impression they are doing you a favour by taking over six grand off you for a mass produced watch. It certainly didn't provide the same WOW feeling I remember having with my Datejust, Seamaster, Speedmaster or Navitimer. Shame.

Added January 2018
    Steinhart Ocean GMT pepsi
    Bought out of curiosity to see whether I would like a pepsi bezel since I always thought it might be a little to conspicuous. I actually love the look. The watch is excellent value for the cost, but not a true GMT which was a big disappointment. My current plan therefore is to acquire the new Tudor Pepsi and swap the bezel on this out for the all black bezel. I will then use it in holiday resorts of the dodgy sort or maybe bang it on the Sales Corner here.

So whats next?

Short term, the Tudor Black Bay GMT since I now know i like Pepsi.
    Then possibly a Tudor Ranger - back to my Bond fixation and the fact that old Explorers cost redonculous amounts of money.
    Grail watches are a JLC Reverso Duo face (classy and cleaver) and a Rolex Skydweller (just plain clever) if I can ever find one at RRP of course.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by You Only Live Twice; 19th June 2018 at 19:09.

wow

super sotc

got to say i like them all

I like them all very much, apart from the steinhart.
    It's just a matter of time...

Nice collection I agree with much of your comment on those watches especially the Seiko and the Omega speedmaster. Swap the Seiko for a new Orient Mako much better watch and much more accurate. Again, like you comments about the speedmaster and watch straps, it does pretty much go with anything.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Nice collection I agree with much of your comment on those watches especially the Seiko and the Omega speedmaster. Swap the Seiko for a new Orient Mako much better watch and much more accurate. Again, like you comments about the speedmaster and watch straps, it does pretty much go with anything.
    I have come to terms with the SKX simply by putting it on a nice strap from Watch Gecko. It is fine as a gardening beater. But thanks for the advice.

Last edited by You Only Live Twice; 17th June 2018 at 22:06.

Craftsman
    That's a very nice SOTC.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Awesome watches... love those cufflinks though - where from?

Quote Originally Posted by csinclair85 View Post
    Awesome watches... love those cufflinks though - where from?
    Here

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/clarkecufflinks

Really enjoyable SOTC - thanks for posting. That's some upgrade over 3 years. I agree on the SKX hype, and on just how good the Speedy is. Shame about the BLNR though - I like the blue-black combo. Do you still have your Oris pointer date - great little watch. Nice collection - look forward to seeing it evolve with the Tudor and maybe the Reverso :-)

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Really good SOTC, OP. It's always fascinating to understand not only what people own but also why. It's often the back stories that make it interesting.

I couldn't agree with you more about the Navitimer World - I have the same watch exactly, albeit on leather rather than mesh, and think it's wonderful...

Something you might find an interesting option with the Navitimer is this Brady Sailcloth strap - it's an exact colour match with the dial and looks great.

Simon

Very nice collection, I like them all, including the SKX

Master
    I'm steadily starting to want a BLNR! Nice collection :0

Quote Originally Posted by Strebor View Post
    Really enjoyable SOTC - thanks for posting. That's some upgrade over 3 years. I agree on the SKX hype, and on just how good the Speedy is. Shame about the BLNR though - I like the blue-black combo. Do you still have your Oris pointer date - great little watch. Nice collection - look forward to seeing it evolve with the Tudor and maybe the Reverso :-)

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app
    Thank you.
    Yes I still have my Oris. Would never part with it. We bought one for my son's 18th birthday and it was my first experience of a display back. I was so impressed that when my father gifted me some money I bought one for myself. My father has since passed away so the watch means so much more to me.

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    Really good SOTC, OP. It's always fascinating to understand not only what people own but also why. It's often the back stories that make it interesting.

I couldn't agree with you more about the Navitimer World - I have the same watch exactly, albeit on leather rather than mesh, and think it's wonderful...

Something you might find an interesting option with the Navitimer is this Brady Sailcloth strap - it's an exact colour match with the dial and looks great.

Simon
    Hi Simon,
    My Navitimer also came on the blue calf but I lost some weight and the strap became too large and I had to wear it as tight as it would allow. I was quoted £140 for the smaller Breitling strap but then found the steel mesh on Watch Gecko which sets it off a treat in my opinion. I do like that blue sail cloth though. Thanks for sharing.