closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

View Poll Results: What's your favourite strap?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Leather strap

33 30.28%
  • Rubber strap

7 6.42%
  • Metal bracelet

49 44.95%
  • Nato/perlon/zulu etc

18 16.51%
  • Other

2 1.83%

Thread: Strap preference

Strap preference

What's the strap you wear the most on the watch you wear the most? What's your preference? Say for example you were down to wear the same watch until the end of time, what strap would it be on?
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

metal on the watch/s I wear the most, but my preference is rubber.

Depends on time of year not the watch for me. That sticky hot spell we had - leather can get a bit nasty. Leather when it’s a bit cooler for me and perlon in the hot fays

Journeyman
    Canvas nato on the watch that I wear most which is the one I wear to work but metal on all my good watches.

Master
    Dave, I put a Nato on my Speedy to go on a recent British holiday and really enjoyed it, was never a Nato fan prior to that, so maybe Speedy/Nato for me, I'm even concidering a Nato for the new Citizen... What do you think?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using TZ-UK mobile app

My most frequently worn watch is a CWC G10 that I wear running and it’s on an old grey phoenix NATO that has been butchered by a previous owner - I have no plans to change it. I had a WWW Record a few years ago that had one of the old NATOs with chromed brass furniture - I really regret not hanging onto that strap.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

I voted leather because I have a penchant for dressy watches and prefer a lighter weight on the wrist.

Master
    I prefer to buy a watch on a bracelet, but usually buy a variety of after market straps.

Master
    I wear my BB Bronze the most and wear it on a black NATO with bronze hardware. Just seems to work and is totally comfortable.
    Apart from that I tend to wear Rolex on bracelet, PAM on leather.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Been wearing my PR3-LE yellow a lot recently on a bracelet. Should pick up a NATO for it really, not too keen on rubber!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m a right fussy git every watch has it own selection of straps. And some I won’t change off the bracelet.
    Sub main wearer I guess. Always on bracelet.
    2254. Bracelet. But looking for alternatives!!
    Speedie.... alsorts!

Strap preference

This is an interesting one, as my (very) personal view is that certain watches lend themselves to particular straps.

I don’t have a single watch that I wear most of the time, so across my current rotation of 13 watches that view currently means that I have 3 on steel, 4 on rubber, 2 on canvas, 1 on sailcloth and 3 on leather.

I detest NATOs and won’t wear them.

Navitimers and Panerais seem ‘wrong’ on steel, whereas steel feels like the only option for my Doxa and my Seawolf.

Strange, isn’t it...

Simon
    Last edited by mycroft; 17th June 2018 at 22:56.

Since 2009, my most common combination has been a 2264 on one of Eddie's Natos.

I voted leather, but if I could have had another vote, NATO would of been very close.
    As I tend to flip between the two, I like wearing a leather strap, as it adds style to a watch. But a NATO gives that added practicality for when you like to get wet LOL

Craftsman
    ZULU every time, failing at a NATO, I like the security they offer, always find them comfortable and like their practicality.
    I only have one watch on a bracelet and that is my SMPc on the Bond bracelet which I think is the best fitting most comfortable and smartest looking of all.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl.1 View Post
    ZULU every time, failing at a NATO, I like the security they offer, always find them comfortable and like their practicality.
    I only have one watch on a bracelet and that is my SMPc on the Bond bracelet which I think is the best fitting most comfortable and smartest looking of all.
    Have you got the adjustable clasp on the Bond Bracelet Carl?

Not a bracelet guy - at all, and could never get on with NATOs or variants thereof. Nothing beats the feel or the look of a leather strap, especially veg tanned and hand made. Have a silicone strap on a Seiko diver that weighs almost nothing and extremely comfy, though.

Good bracelet is all I need, especially with microadjust on clasp or at least easylink

The Rolex glidelock bracelet is superb, as is the Breitling Pro3. I like rubber straps on Seiko divers, currently using Everest and Isofrane style. Nato and Zulu on the others and I've a couple of Toshi that get the occasional outing. So, absolutely no preference for me. In fact I'm smack in the middle of Don't Know.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt68 View Post
    Have you got the adjustable clasp on the Bond Bracelet Carl?

No it is the older one from 1996. I use a half link and find it fits perfectly. It did take a bit of working out though and it also depends which way round you have the clasp as that makes a difference to the fit.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl.1 View Post
    No it is the older one from 1996. I use a half link and find it fits perfectly. It did take a bit of working out though and it also depends which way round you have the clasp as that makes a difference to the fit.
    Ah ok, as long as you got the right fit.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Mainly bracelets with leather on dress watches.
    However DIY work and gardening it's a taty canvas on a Chinese "special".

Master
    New Nato

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Any of the diver’s watches I own on a rubber strap. That is my default: I love rubber, can live with nylon, leather or canvas, and have a strong dislike for metal bracelets.

I almost always take the bracelet off a new watch and replace it immediately.
    I love leather straps, but have a problem that they generally do not like getting wet (even the waterproof ones like a Chronissimo age quicker when wetted)
    I like rubber, but find it often quite sweaty, and the more generously thick ones are sometimes too stiff on the wrist (loved the hinged one that came with the Tag Heuer Aquagraph)
    Love the simple fit of Nato (and Perlon, especially) but it has to be said, larger, thicker watches sometimes look too big for the lack of thickness in a NATO.
    I think my favourite was a really nice canvas NATO made by Morellato called Jump txtile NATO< which was leather lined. Really comfy but sadly discontinued. Arrrrggghhh.

Dave

I do think it totally depends on the watch. Rolex only ever on the bracelet, and the same for my Speedy, as I have never even thought of removing the bracelet. The Aerospace NM is on Breitling's military fabric / leather strap, and is perfect on that. If I had a Panerai, that would be on leather, as would a Navitimer, Big Pilot, Monaco, Tank or Reverso. Inexpensive divers on a Zulu or Perlon. It's all about the watch!

Dave

Master
    Usually I go through a phase when I get a new watch of trying different straps, many times I revert back to bracelet.

However for my newly acquired speedy Tuesday which I put on a vintage speedy bracelet, I might change up to this Di Modell Chronissimo strap, I think it could work. Here is one with the pro.

Increasingly, I’m finding that I prefer to wear my watches on a Zulu or NATO strap. I find the comfort and flexibility a big plus and the security aspect very reassuring.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I generally prefer leather of some ilk, but some watches (my Sinn Arktis, for example), just don't seem to work so well on it and are better on a bracelet (I prefer my Speedmaster on a strap, though).

I can't say I much like NATOs/Perlon/etc personally, but I've a few watches on nylon or rubber, mostly divers, that actually dive (such as my Voyager and my CW Makaira) and the watch I wear to the gym!

M

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    I generally prefer leather of some ilk, but some watches (my Sinn Arktis, for example), just don't seem to work so well on it and are better on a bracelet (I prefer my Speedmaster on a strap, though).

I can't say I much like NATOs/Perlon/etc personally, but I've a few watches on nylon or rubber, mostly divers, that actually dive (such as my Voyager and my CW Makaira) and the watch I wear to the gym!

M
    I'm just about to try my arktis on a blue hirsch perf tiger. Will let you know how I get on.

Depends of the watch, my mood and the clothes I'm wearing, so it's a turnover between metal, leather and NATOs

Generally metal bracelets for me although I do wear my Speedy on a variety of straps and I think the Aerospace looks amazing on a NATO.

I think bracelet beats all and if not leather

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Definitely depends on the watch / occasion. But for comfort nothing beats a well work perlon/zulu

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    I'm just about to try my arktis on a blue hirsch perf tiger. Will let you know how I get on.
    Early days...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Personally , I think an Arktis suits a bracelet rather than blue leather

Personally I really like that!!

Craftsman
    Rubber Nato Zulu, really comfortable

- - - Updated - - -

Rubber Nato Zulu, really comfortable