closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko mini turtle - anybody got one?

Seiko mini turtle - anybody got one?

I liked the look of the Turtle when it came out but it's far too large for me. I've just discovered that they've now released a 'Mini Turtle' with a 42mm case, 39mm bezel, 43mm lug to lug and 20mm lugs. Could this be the Turtle that I've been looking for?

Good write up here:

http://easternwatch.blogspot.com/201...-srpc37k1.html

Has anybody tried one of these?
    Last edited by Rocket Man; 17th June 2018 at 18:09.

Not in the wild, but I'm off to Thailand on Friday so hoping I might. I like it and think size wise could be perfect. New Turtle is a fraction too big...I have the original too which is a better size IMHO.

I’ve picked up a couple. Blue dial and Pepsi. I think they are fabulous and super value for money.

PADI here

Thanks guys, it's great to see some real life photos.

I think I'm leaning towards the Padi Pepsi but does the blue have a sunburst dial?

I'm thinking about one of these at the moment, I'm selling off all of my Seiko divers - I've been wearing smaller watches recently and what I previously thought was acceptable looks quite ridiculous to me and making me feel self-conscious!

Any recommendations on the cheapest place to buy from? They seem very thin on the ground even though they've been out a few months. I'm particularly after the blue one.

I would really appreciate seeing how big they are in comparison to an SKX if anybody's got both?
    Last edited by 200mwaterresistant; 17th June 2018 at 16:44.

These are great, so nice to have a well sized Seiko diver. Shame about the date bubble, not sure why they did that....

I'd be interested to hear from owner's what the accuracy is like? The specs state an acceptable error of -35/+45 seconds a day, presumably they perform better than that in reality?

Master
    Definitely a better option and as big as it needs to be for me.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Thanks to the OP for highlighting this model.
    I have always liked the "Turtle" range, but it was a tad on the large size, so this news is great.
    Initially, I was thinking about the black dial. But seeing John's pepsi fitted with a blue person strap, I am not so sure now.
    Just done a quick Google search and I can only find them being sold via Amazon - black bezel.
    Is there an UK dealer?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
    Thanks guys, it's great to see some real life photos.

I think I'm leaning towards the Padi Pepsi but does the blue have a sunburst dial?
    The blue has a gloss type finish, not sunburst

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
    I'd be interested to hear from owner's what the accuracy is like? The specs state an acceptable error of -35/+45 seconds a day, presumably they perform better than that in reality?
    I've been lucky with mine. My 4R35 movement tends to slow down when worn and fully charged, then speeds up at night when discharging, so the time is nearly always within a couple of seconds. I've worn it daily for 2 months and have not adjusted the time during that period at all, haven't even unscrewed the crown after initial setting, and right now it is at +4 seconds from actual time. Enjoying this as much as I can while it lasts.

Master
    They'd got the PADI version in a jewellers in Tenby when we were over that way on hols last week. Nearly went in to have a look but there's a few elements that put me off.
    If they'd put the crown in the correct place, a different bezel and definitely no cyclops I'd probably be interested enough to try one on.

Quote Originally Posted by mindforge View Post
    These are great, so nice to have a well sized Seiko diver. Shame about the date bubble, not sure why they did that....
    The cyclops is my only reservation about them, apart from that they do look very nice indeed.

On the back of this thread I have ordered one and should be here tomorrow, so I'll do some quick wrist shots.
    I don't mind the cyclops...with my eyes probably need it to read the date!

Quote Originally Posted by gerard View Post
    On the back of this thread I have ordered one and should be here tomorrow, so I'll do some quick wrist shots.
    I don't mind the cyclops...with my eyes probably need it to read the date!
    If I may ask.
    Who did you order it from?

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat30093 View Post
    If I may ask.
    Who did you order it from?
    https://www.hillierjewellers.co.uk/g...rpc41k1-p11263

I think I might have got the last one...good price I though for one in the UK.

Looks like a nice watch. Any chapter ring alignment issues with these?

So Mini Turtle PADI turned up at 10.57 as DPD said it would!

My quick initial thoughts. Quality piece, lovely strap in a blue.Very comfortable. Best quality Seiko strap I've had, puts my MM one to shame. Also initially better than my Omega & Isofrane ones too...but will see.

At first glance the watch looks small..ladies size even which is bizarre as it is just over 42mm. It looks smaller than my PO (see photo). But actually after getting over the size shock I think it s a great size. Much more wearable.

The dial is stunning...really stunning. The waves...oh the waves....

Bezel has a fantastic slick but firm movement, so so much better than the PO. really the Swiss manufactures should be ashamed of themselves when it comes to bezel action.

Anyway, so far a pleased bunny.

Quote Originally Posted by gerard View Post
    https://www.hillierjewellers.co.uk/g...rpc41k1-p11263

I think I might have got the last one...good price I though for one in the UK.
    Thanks for the link and congratulations on your new piece.

Journeyman

Seiko turtle

I bought a Seiko turtle 6309 seties back in 2007 and traced the serial number back to 1979. It's currently being serviced and I'm looking g forward to getting it back. The only problem is yo decide which strap, divers, NATO web, or steel bracelet. Hard choice really as I think youcant go wrong with any of those straps as it's a great looking watch.