closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone watching the U.S. Open?

Master

Anyone watching the U.S. Open?

You could either describe it as unbelievably bad or incredibly good depending on your point of view. It will certainly make it interesting tonight to watch.

Yesterday it looked like an easy win for Johnson who started 5 clear - he’s won 22% of all his tournaments in the last 2 years and was less than even money to win. Really bad course set up and conditions and he’s 7 over for the day and ones that went out earlier was 4 under.

I’ve got Rose and Koepka who looked out of it, but are now right in it.

As I said depending on your point of view . . . . .

Master
    Looks like madness but then again is it just a case of a course to really test the elite?

Complaints from the pro’s plus Mickelsons ‘putt’ but someone’s going to win it, surely that is a badge of honour?

Master
    Seems the disparity of the course on the Saturday means that the winner will not necessarily be the person who played the best throughout the 4 days though

Master
    Interesting to read that 2 of the joint leaders were 45th when they finished, sort of says it all. I like seeing pros really tested but when the landing space to play the whole well is tiny then the course set up is bad. The USPGA have a history of getting it wrong over recent years but the lottery aspect certainly makes for interesting viewing.

Phil M needed disqualifying too....

Master
    Agreed on all points Dave. I genuinely feel disappointed in PM’s action yesterday - he has always struck me as a top fella, but I think doing what he did was pretty disrespectful to the game as a whole.

Master
    This is an amazing last round - Fleetwood 7 under - incredible golf.

Craftsman
    My daughters boyfriend is a real golf nut. They were out in America two weeks ago at a golf tournament as VIP visitors. I think it was the PGA but they were guests at a memorial match and one of the people they were honouring (and hence the vip tickets) was her boyfriends Grandfather. Tiger Woods, complete with 3 bodyguards was on a table next to them at a presentation so it was a proper tournament. This was her boyfriends grandfather - the name means nothing to me as I’m not into golf and the few people I do know that are into golf have never heard of him either. Apparently he wasn’t a pro but a good amateur.

Also, who are these golfers in the background? She sent me some picture but I haven’t a clue!

Edit. Just noticed the word 'Bubba' on the side of the bloke behinds cap. Googled 'bubba golfer' and it looks like someone called Bubba Watson. Never heard of him either!
    Last edited by Motman; 17th June 2018 at 21:54.

Master
    Wow Bubba is a two time Masters winner and the other guy is Jason Day, also a major winner and world top 3 or 4.

That's Bubba Watson and Jason Day, looks like it was at the memorial tournament in Dublin Ohio.

Ross

Craftsman
    Thanks. I’ll pretend I knew who they were when I see her next week. Lol.

Grand Master
    They messed this one up, yesterday was a bit silly with the way they'd treated the greens, everyone knew they'd dry up and be almost unplayable for the later players, the fact they watered them up from after play yesterday until today shows they know they dropped the ball on this one.

Still, Fleetwood posted a 7 under round today, and is sitting as the clubhouse leader, could he win be today's lucky early player!