closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: BBC I player UHD world cup

BBC I player UHD world cup

Has anyone managed to get a stream? It says online to just wait on the homepage and when the coverage starts a link should appear for UHD. I have checked a few matches and I only get the normal stream. I know it’s limited spaces but I ever waited for 5 mins before last night for the spain march and still nothing

Master
    Blog Entries
    What’s UHD?

Thinks it limited availability. So first come first serve
    I tried but it’s not available on the sky q platform
    UHD is same as 4K essentially

You need to launch it via your smart tv platform. I can’t see how I missed it I was waiting for the link

Master
    I trust you've seen these two pages & your TV is on the supported list?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/blog/2018-0...world_cup_2018
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/latest-news/live-uhd

Yeah I have a Sony 9005 and 60mbs download speed, will try again this morning

I watched the Portugal Spain match using it last night. The picture quality was excellent. I'm not sure about HLG HDR. It's a little flat compared with Dolby Vision.

Did the link appear on the home screen? I just tried again for the France match but nothing ever came up for the link

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    Did the link appear on the home screen? I just tried again for the France match but nothing ever came up for the link
    Are you watching through sky ?
    It’s not available with my sky q for some reason

Just tried it using the BBC app on my TV and it appears to work. A little buggy at first but got there eventually.

THe link should show up on the main BBC iplayer page.

It came up on my screen automatically. I have, however, watched UHD trial broadcasts on the iPlayer Beta system before.

Try going to 'Settings' on the far-right of the top bar & selecting 'Beta' to see if that activates access to UHD.
    ______

​Jim.

Master
    I watched every BBC game so far in UHD, no issues getting a stream, if there is limited availability, I've had no problem.

You need to have Iplayer Beta enabled in the settings

France v Australia has been the best picture so far, unfortunately the sound and picture are not in sync !!
    Last edited by steppy; 16th June 2018 at 14:50.

Shame itv is awful on any streaming service ☹️

I have changed it to beta will see if it appears for the next game

Thanks for the help

Yep managed to get it to work here in SW England.You go to Your Digital TV not Your HDMI 1 or 2 input then go to iPlayer via the Apps built into the TV it will highlight the current match being broadcast please note Only 29 games are being broadcast in UHD or ultra high definition once selected it will ask watch the match in UHD(4K option),HD or SD this will only happen if Your TV is on the list of supported sets and more crucially,how fast Your broadband is.I must admit the Germania/Mehico game looked stunning if any one cannot get it to work drop Me a PM I will do My best to assist as I am currently home from flying duties.

Quote Originally Posted by MattH View Post
    Shame itv is awful on any streaming service ☹️
    Yes, it is very poor.

Is their subscription service (no adds) just as bad?

I think your find if you have a virgin V6 box it does it automatically.