closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: What more can I say?

Master

What more can I say?

This is an interesting one which some of you will find amusing. It was a bit of a compulsive buy but who can resist a fifty fathoms? I have the 45mm version and thought the 43 mm Bathyscaphe will be a better daily wearer. From day one, I am never happy with the crown action, finding it vague and occasionally not engaging. I have no problem with its accuracy or power reserve.

Roll on 6 months, I popped into their boutique in Bond Street and was told there is no issue. The watch is otherwise working to chronometer standard.

I lived with it but it is a pain every time I tried to set the time. Enough is enough and since the watch is coming to the end of its warranty period, I decided to send it back. The shop where I bought the watch had a look at it and said there is nothing wrong. I am not using the required force for my crown action lol. You all know where this is heading.

Just had an email saying that after careful assessment of the watch, it will need a complete service under warranty and it will take 14 weeks. I can also surrender £115 for a full polish, for a watch that looks new to me and barely worn.

So the lesson is ..........

Master
    Doesn't reflect well on the boutique. Well persisted. I hope the service dept has had a word with the shop about recognising problems.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Master
    "The watch is working to chronometer standard" is the standard response to almost everything!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tim2012 View Post
    This is an interesting one which some of you will find amusing. It was a bit of a compulsive buy but who can resist a fifty fathoms? I have the 45mm version and thought the 43 mm Bathyscaphe will be a better daily wearer. From day one, I am never happy with the crown action, finding it vague and occasionally not engaging. I have no problem with its accuracy or power reserve.

Roll on 6 months, I popped into their boutique in Bond Street and was told there is no issue. The watch is otherwise working to chronometer standard.

I lived with it but it is a pain every time I tried to set the time. Enough is enough and since the watch is coming to the end of its warranty period, I decided to send it back. The shop where I bought the watch had a look at it and said there is nothing wrong. I am not using the required force for my crown action lol. You all know where this is heading.

Just had an email saying that after careful assessment of the watch, it will need a complete service under warranty and it will take 14 weeks. I can also surrender £115 for a full polish, for a watch that looks new to me and barely worn.

So the lesson is ..........
    So the service is going to be done FOC under warranty then?
    The crown action was a little vague, not engaging ?? - not sure what you mean by this, is this when you pull the crown out?
    You could argue that the problem you have described is subjective and the reason that you weren't getting much help from Blancpain.
    I assume that the polish is optional, so if you are happy with the appearance, then tell them no polish.
    There are no polished surfaces on a Bathy, (so very easy for you to touch up those brushed surfaces yourself).

A little disappointing that the boutique dragged their feet on sending it back for you, but you're getting it done on warranty, so I'm sure, if ther'es a genuine problem, it will be sorted.

14 weeks is a long time though!

I will be interested to find how it comes back to you.

Master
    It is all a bit strange. When I pull the crown out, the hacking and time setting works and the quick set date also functions correctly. It is when I pushes the crown back in when it fails. For 50% of the time, it looks like the mechanism is not engaging and the watch fails to run despite me trying to give it a few winds first to give it some power reserve. However whenever it is running, it seems to be engaging much better. I thought it is a crown issue but maybe it is more than that. At least they are offering to service it.

I had a Zenith that went back 3 times before they acknowledged there was a problem and they finally fixed it. They said it should not have left the factory in that state.....

A good point about the brushed surfaces on the Bathyscaphe. I am inclined to decline the polishing, as there is no need. I really have hardly worn it and forgot there is hardly any polished parts.