closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any LR dealers amongst us?

Any LR dealers amongst us?

A long shot, but the time has come to replace the LR Discovery 4 with.....a newer Discovery 4! Do we have anyone who works at a LR main dealers amongst us who would like to PM me? Generous trade in values and low finance rates welcome!! 🤣

Master
    Blog Entries
    Call this guy. He is superb

Michael Grindlay *0131 273 2000‬ or email michael.grindlay@pentland-landrover.co.uk

Tell him I gave you the details.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    A long shot, but the time has come to replace the LR Discovery 4 with.....a newer Discovery 4! Do we have anyone who works at a LR main dealers amongst us who would like to PM me? Generous trade in values and low finance rates welcome!! 藍

Thanks Jim

Craftsman
    I’ve read that the 3.0 D4 engines have a habit of snapping crankshafts. I’ve also read that as it’s a 'known fault' it is specifically excluded from many warranties. Still a better looking vehicle than the awful D5 though.

Yes our very own FFF has warned me about that problem - that’s the reason I’d only buy an approved used one with a full LR warranty!

If only they fitted the V8 Diesel engine...

Master
    Once outside the 3 year manufacturers warranty, the LR "Approved" warranty is provided by a third party company, and by all accounts as its a "known defect", they don't cover snapped cranks. AFAIK the only warranty company that will cover the crank is Warranty Direct, about £1800 for 3yrs apparently (never, ever, accept their first quote). Have a dip into Disco3.com forum or RRSport.co.uk, lots of posts on there about the crank issue and various warranty companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
    Once outside the 3 year manufacturers warranty, the LR "Approved" warranty is provided by a third party company, and by all accounts as its a "known defect", they don't cover snapped cranks. AFAIK the only warranty company that will cover the crank is Warranty Direct, about £1800 for 3yrs apparently (never, ever, accept their first quote). Have a dip into Disco3.com forum or RRSport.co.uk, lots of posts on there about the crank issue and various warranty companies.
    I've heard this as well but it isn't true. A customer recently asked me about purchasing a new shape RRS and I warned him of the crank issues and asked him to speak to CCP and advise if this would be covered.
    unless things have changed since January they still cover the issue.
    in saying that if something is deemed as a manafacturing defect then CCP pass on the the claim to the CRC who in most cases give a 100% goodwill contribution.

Master
    Thanks for that. I wasn't speaking from experience, just what I have read. My RRS is well past any consideration of a good will gesture from JLR in the event of this issue. I would still want it in writing though.

Is an engine with a snapping crankshaft fit for purpose?? I’ve had a friend who has owned multiple LR products with all kinds of issues whilst my boring cheap hatchbacks run like clockwork. Don’t get it, why buy expensive fragile cars?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We’ve had our Disco 4 for 3 years and it’s been 100% reliable. Sadly very few vehicles have its capabilities so we are somewhat limited in choice!

Master
    [QUOTE=RobDad;4797218]Is an engine with a snapping crankshaft fit for purpose?? I’ve had a friend who has owned multiple LR products with all kinds of issues whilst my boring cheap hatchbacks run like clockwork. Don’t get it, why buy expensive fragile cars?

Why buy an expensive mechanical watch that tells time no better than a cheap quartz?
    With Lr products, for me anyway, it's the feeling of ahhh lovely, when you sit in it. Don't need one, won't really use it to it's full potential, but love them and want one. It's an indulgence and I forgive them their imperfections.
    I did, briefly, have a sensible hatchback (Honda Civic I-Dtec, manufacturers warranty, no VEL, cheap insurance, never less than 50mpg-73mpg on one trip- and nothing went wrong) but it only lasted 9 months before I went and bought a RRS. There is, sadly, no hope for me