closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Swiss time services turnaround time

Craftsman

Swiss time services turnaround time

Anyone used STS recently ? I have my Seamaster Bond in for a service and they are quoting 30 working days turnaround is this optimistic or pessimistic ? :)

I would say that's about right. Used them a few times for a battery change on a Megaquartz and they advise 2-3 week turnaround.

Craftsman
    They came in under 30 days when servicing my SMP before Xmas.

Master
    Bear in mind that 30 working days is 6 weeks. Yes this does sound pretty typical, they may get it done sooner but I have had slower repairs too. They can take a week to do the estimate and that AFAIK isn't included in the 30 days.

Grand Master
    Given that the Swatch Group parts restrictions are starting to cause more problems for independents, STS may be finding their workload has increased. If less repairers are offering to work on Omega watches it seems logical that the accredited repairers are seeing increased workloads. Higher service prices and longer waiting times are likley to become the norm.

Paul

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    Bear in mind that 30 working days is 6 weeks. Yes this does sound pretty typical, they may get it done sooner but I have had slower repairs too. They can take a week to do the estimate and that AFAIK isn't included in the 30 days.

Yes its already estimated and paid for but I go away on holiday 3 days before 6 weeks is up and hoping it will be back for me to take

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Liner33 View Post
    Yes its already estimated and paid for but I go away on holiday 3 days before 6 weeks is up and hoping it will be back for me to take
    Surely it makes sense to have a chat to them and ask whether they can get it back to you in time? I’ve done this with repairs sent to me, some folks are happy to wait longer but in other cases there’s a good reason why the customer would like the watch for a certain date. Give them a call and they will probably be able to help.

Paul

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Surely it makes sense to have a chat to them and ask whether they can get it back to you in time? I’ve done this with repairs sent to me, some folks are happy to wait longer but in other cases there’s a good reason why the customer would like the watch for a certain date. Give them a call and they will probably be able to help.

Paul
    Did that they said they would email me when it was finished .

Master
    Blog Entries
    However long it takes it’s worth it to get a job well done.

Craftsman
    Very happy to say I got a call today to say my watch is on its way back to me , either tomorrow or Monday so it will be 4 weeks on Tuesday since they quoted and I paid for it but they had it a few days before

Excellent turnaround

Craftsman
    Just to close off the thread as hoped the Seamaster arrived back this morning, I specifically asked that they don't polish the case as its pretty mint , they did polish the bracelet and did a very decent job taking out most of the minor marks but not overpolishing which is what I had worried about with the case.

They sent it back in a Omega travel case which was within a hard plastic case and the watch itself was well packed and inside , so no worries at all

Feels so nice to have it back, I will certainly use them again