closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Buying from abroad

Apprentice

Buying from abroad

If you use a site like chrono24 are you pretty much safe to buy from abroad or is it still a no no?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Have a trawl through here. You can discount 100% of the reviews from people who've only ever left 1 review as they are fake:

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.chrono24.com

“Buy the seller, then the watch.” And even then, be very very cautious and discerning. A user on another forum bought an expensive watch from a “trusted seller” and it didn’t stand up to the description as “mint,” also had mechanical faults. Seller threw a tantrum after complaints.

Like with gambling, don’t bet more than you’d be willing to lose without wincing. If it’s expensive, consider picking up in person so you can examine before accepting.

Quote Originally Posted by imurray View Post
    If you use a site like chrono24 are you pretty much safe to buy from abroad or is it still a no no?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    I've done this with varying degrees of success! If you do go for it, make sure you see detailed photographs of the watch from all angles - there is often a reason one angle is missing but it's difficult to notice this until you get the watch in front of you. Chrono24's system is pretty good for refunds but it's not worth the hassle really so it's best to do as much due diligence before you pay for it. If not using Chrono24's trusted checkout service I'd always pay by credit card so you get additional protection if the worst should happen.

Master
    Same ‘rules’ as buying in uk. Buy the seller etc

I’ve have had a lot dealings with creationwatches.com who are based in Singapore and never had a bad experience. Great prices, speedy delivery with DHL and best of all, no customs charges.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app