closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watchmakers:The Masters Of Art Horology

Watchmakers:The Masters Of Art Horology

13 watchmakers...13 extraordinary talented designers, 13 genius inventors...13 artists!!!
    I am very pleased to start this thread and very happy to introduce to all of you this exhibition that will take place at Phillips Gallery London in Berkeley Square.
    A dream realized by a friend of mine Mr. Claudio Proietti....all started 2 years ago when he visited the atelier of the great Kari Voutilainen...he had then the idea of gathering the work of the most celebrated independent watchmakers in the world...Dufour, Gauthier and Ferrier from Switzerland...Flageollet, Ballouard, Claret, Halter and Daniel Roth from France... Asaoka from Japan...Klings from Germany...Roger W.Smith from UK..and obviously Mr. Voutilainen!!!.
    Claudio came here in London last year...we met for a coffee and then started to tell me about this project...this great idea...few months after he finally made it!!!
    Phillips and Aurel Bacs(probably the biggest name in watch auctions) were thrilled to back Mr.Proietti's project.
    Claudio is from Rome and he wanted to begin this adventure from the eternal city...was a great success....he then moved the exhibition to Hong Kong and New York...final date in London...18-26 of June.
    Obviously I did not missed the first appointment in Rome...great experience indeed...I attended 3 times ahahah....one day I have been lucky enough to meet and chat with Roth and Ballouard...they spent 2 hours narrating us with life's stories, how they begun their careers, upcoming projects...little scoops...unbelievable day for a watch lover!!!
    26 creations will be exposed....some of them incredibly rare if not unique...a joy for your eyes!!!
    I will now attach some pics of the pieces displayed in the gallery...these photo are amazing..

JEAN DANIEL NICOLAS (DANIEL ROTH) Tourbillon 2 Minutes in Rose Gold © Guy Lucas de Peslouan

GEORGE DANIELS Daniels Anniversary Yellow Gold Special Piece © Guy Lucas de Peslouan

PHILIPPE DUFOUR Simplicity Platino Solo Tempo

KARI VOUTILAINEN Vingt-8, White Gold

VIANNEY HALTER Deep Space

HAJIME ASAOKA Chronograph

CHRISTIAN KLINGS Classic Solo Tempo Acciao

LUDOVIC BALLOUARD Half Time Platino Dial Nero

and you will find there many others of these beauties...also a very nice book with descriptions and amazing photos will be available on the floor!!

Here some links as well.

https://www.phillips.com/article/299...ry-in-horology

https://quillandpad.com/2018/04/07/y...-gallery-rome/

http://watchesbysjx.com/2018/03/ital...xhibition.html

I am going to bump this thread in case Claudio gives me more info....18-26 of June...30 Berkeley Square..opening time should be 10-18 I guess.
    I will be very happy if you could find some spare time to pop in and have a look at something special...I will be abroad till the 22nd...but definitely in every day after!!!
    Ciao
    Alex
    Last edited by cirotti; 9th June 2018 at 18:38.

Craftsman
    A stroke of luck. I am in London next weekend, staying just round the corner. Will definitely try to get there on Monday.

An unbelievable piece by Christophe Claret...

Thanks for letting us know, I’m hoping to come along in the second week.

Another amazing piece...

As per conversation with Claudio...Ballouard should be in tomorrow and on the 20th.
    Daniel Roth expected to be in 21st afternoon or 22nd in the morning...keep you posted