closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Suggestion for Wife’s watch

Master

Suggestion for Wife’s watch

Marking a special occasion so would like to buy her a bracelet watch (she has a nice rose gold leather strap watch already). Something in the range of 2.5 to 5k.
    new from ad or grey, on bracelet or rubber strap, not too large (under 36mm), not Cartier or Rolex, ideally a tad sporty.

Any suggestions please? I’m lacking inspiration, I feel like the watch she wants may not exist!

as with all 'buying for another' threads i'd say ask her what she wants - no point handing over a wedge for it otherwise.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbaddes View Post
    as with all 'buying for another' threads i'd say ask her what she wants - no point handing over a wedge for it otherwise.
    Oh I don't know about that-at the recent Baselworld Rolex evening my wife (who has a datejust but really isn't into watches) discovered one she loved but it would be selling at £41.5K! Left to her own devices and all that...

Unless you know the exact type/model she wants, I'd ask her. I bought my wife a watch and she didn't like it and we ended up getting a totally different one. Bit of a waste of time frankly.

within your budget but not new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Franck Muller is an option too, not necessarily sporty but quite fun and chunky.

A lot of women have a different view of watches, tend to regard them as jewellery.

What does she own/wear at the moment would give you a starting point if she bought
    herself.

Craftsman
    38 mm, sporty and aluminium case, so light as a feather. My wife wears hers in preference to smaller diameter metal bracelet and strap Cartiers. She's got very slim wrists.

I think Bulgari have switched to slightly larger magnesium cases recently, but probably quite a few new or unworn alu ones around. Google, 'Bulgari AC 38 TA'

Master
    Got my wife a an Omega Constellation 35mm quartz, it has a very accurate movement. when I change the date when required the timing is still spot on, a great watch for a non wis woman.

https://www.watchbuyers.co.uk/watche...hoC_ggQAvD_BwE

Master
    Thanks for suggestion guys, I actually quite like that Bulgari for myself!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    Marking a special occasion so would like to buy her a bracelet watch (she has a nice rose gold leather strap watch already). Something in the range of 2.5 to 5k.
    new from ad or grey, on bracelet or rubber strap, not too large (under 36mm), not Cartier or Rolex, ideally a tad sporty.

Any suggestions please? I’m lacking inspiration, I feel like the watch she wants may not exist!
    Men, including husbands, do not have a clue what sort of jewellery women want, they just do not have a clue.

Therefore take her to somewhere such as London and visit a few really good shops and let her chose, all you have to do is get your wallet out.

Then treat her to a decent lunch before whisking her back home.

You will have transformed the event into something that she will remember for a long time.

Bought my wife a blue BB36 last weekend, she loves it ( sneaked in a bronze for me as well

Quote Originally Posted by alphajet View Post
    Got my wife a an Omega Constellation 35mm quartz, it has a very accurate movement. when I change the date when required the timing is still spot on, a great watch for a non wis woman.

A few years back I bought my wife the Auto version, she just consolidated all her decent watches in to one and only when doing this did she tell me she hated it....definitely try and get some input from you’re wife first.

Craftsman
    I just got my wife a bremont solo 32. It very nice a bit sporty and a bit dressy and I got a very hefty discount.

Just read you’re original post again and guess what you mentioned are actually you’re wifes
    prefernces

Howabout this, not a fan of their men’s stuff but quite like this

https://www.chrono24.co.uk/hublot/cl...-id5201158.htm

Curious as to why Rolex is ruled out? My wife has had a steel lady date for 14 years and has, aside from a couple of services, worn it all day every day. Like all Rolex Oysters it is a sports watch.

I think the main reason she loves it is that we went Goldsmiths with a pile of cash and after a couple of hours of options she was able to choose a dial, bezel and bracelet combination she liked best. Given the use its had and my need never to buy her another watch I can recommend the; big city AD, limitless choice, full retail approach for a woman. Hit the target and it will save you a fortune.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by alphajet View Post

My wife has similar with MOP face, 16 years & going strong.

Craftsman
    Thanks for suggestion guys, I actually quite like that Bulgari for myself!
    They're really nice looking, but actually quite fragile, with the 7753 movement fixed directly to the alu case without an intermediary movement holder. The screw down crown also appears prone to stripping its threads quite happily. The overall look is really nice though, and the hard rubber articulated bracelet/strap is a nice piece of design.

I'd go for the magnesium version though if your plan on using one in it's sporting image

Master
    I think she knows several friends and colleagues with Rolex/Cartier hence she has ruled it out.

Narrow down to Hublot classic fusion 33mm options or the new ladies GP Laureato watches.

That’s the slightly bigger unisex one or there is a 33mm one with diamonds which is cool. If it was my choice it would be gp all the way but she seems to really like the selitta movement hublot!

Master
    Bought my other half an airking she loves it!
    It has pink markers too, so no chance of me stealing it!

Journeyman
    Going to get the Mrs this one (I did check first). Will be getting the 32mm version

I know I suggested the Hublot but rather like the GP although probably because I'd wear it, is that the 38mm one?

I think she knows several friends and colleagues with Rolex/Cartier hence she has ruled it out.

Narrow down to Hublot classic fusion 33mm options or the new ladies GP Laureato watches.

That’s the slightly bigger unisex one or there is a 33mm one with diamonds which is cool. If it was my choice it would be gp all the way but she seems to really like the selitta movement hublot!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TBKBABAB View Post
    I know I suggested the Hublot but rather like the GP although probably because I'd wear it, is that the 38mm one?
    That is the 38mm version, seems to wear very well in that pic for the slimmer wrist. The smaller one is actually quartz that’s a no no.

my suggestion

my suggestion would be as long as its shiny she will love it.

Ladies like shiny stuff [except the top of my head thats not so attractive}

good luck with your choice though
    Last edited by wits; 15th June 2018 at 17:54. Reason: spelling

Master
    Recently bought the wife one similar to this (standard colour diamonds on the bezel):

http://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Chanel/...29/item/110888

Very popular I was!!