closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leica enters luxury watch market

Junk dressed up.

No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    What do those dial cut outs do? They look like they should have a function but I can't see anything about them in the article, and they're blank so not like a triple date function.
    Date, power reserve and setting mode...according to what I've read.

If they want to make fine watches and do some hard yards in an industry that values provenance and heritage to a degree, then more power to them and let’s have a gander back in a few years. Some additional, independent producers of highly-finished watches should stimulate competition and push everyone to reach even further in their offerings.

For me though, I’m done with Leica cameras and - to a very large extent - the brand.

(Their bins... that’s a different story)

Look at what Czapek give you for £11k, makes the Leica offerings look like a bit of a joke.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/cz...-blue-hands-on

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Date, power reserve and setting mode...according to what I've read.
    Ah, thank you.

Me no like-a. :P

Craftsman
    I enjoy Leica (I have several of their rangefinders), but the asthetic of these watches are completely lacklustre and forgettable. Leica have such strong branding with a great drive for aesthetics, how did these slip through the net?
    Even more so if they’re asking €10k...

Craftsman
    Their glass is amazing, not convinced by this watch though.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    I was in the Leica store in the West End of London today and they had samples of the three models released so far (although they are not yet on public sale).

I was in the store looking at cameras but thought it would be rude not to have a good look at the watches.

They feel very nice in the hand and the materials, finish and movement look very high-quality to me. They have a lovely domed crystal. They are well-balanced on the wrist.

Having said that, I agree with most of the posters above that they are far too expensive for what they are (despite the proprietary movement). Exact prices have not been set yet, but they said the non-precious metal versions would be around the £10,000 mark. I would probably buy one at around £1,000 - £1,500 as I liked them but at £10,000 I don’t think they’ll sell many.

No photos taken despite being surrounded by cameras, sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by FazerBoy View Post
    No photos taken despite being surrounded by cameras, sorry!
    And I suppose your mobile phone is a Nokia 2210...? : p

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    Such as old slow hand here:

!
    He really plays guitar better than he takes pictures, even my wife knows to remove the lens cap first.
    As for the watches nice but, how much!

Quote Originally Posted by Pitfitter View Post
    He really plays guitar better than he takes pictures, even my wife knows to remove the lens cap first.
    As for the watches nice but, how much!
    Tbh it’s an easy mistake to make with a digital rangefinder. I no longer use a lens cap because I used to do it now and then (you don’t look through the lens, so you can’t tell)

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony-GB View Post
    And I suppose your mobile phone is a Nokia 2210...? : p
    Actually I think it’s an earlier model than that...

Craftsman
    Its a bit gimicky. I buy cars from companies who make good cars, cameras from companies who make good cameras and watches from companies who make good watches.
    It feels like an exercise in expanding on a brand rather than wanting to make a good watch.

To me its the same as buying clothes in a video game store, or jewellery in a pharmacy. its not their business so i cant imagine them being really dedicated to it. At 10K its way overpriced.

Blog Entries
    Leica are indeed expensive but boy do they serve up top quality kit for your money. These watches are a nonsense, pleasant enough but ten grand? Do me a favour, people are not that stupid! Stick to what you are very good at Leica, cameras and lenses!

Journeyman
    I agree with the general consensus. Looks like a nice watch but you can't turn up to the market with no experience and charge 10K. Surely these won't sell!?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk