closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seller must try harder !!!

Craftsman

Seller must try harder !!!

I received an alert on my phone from facebook saying items I may be interested in are for sale in my area, I'll take a look I thought.
    One of the first items that come up is a lovely Rolex 116613LB for £6000........that's cheap i thought

So I messaged the seller and asked a few questions, only selling to fund his next watch, got boxes, warranty cards, swing tags etc and is like new. Well why is it only £6k I thought.

Then I took a closer look, this is another picture from the ad.....

So I messaged again and asked if this was the actually watch being held by him, the response was YES, but when you click on the sellers name, James Hill, it takes you to his facebook profile picture, which is this....

So I messaged again and asked if his hands had changed colour recently, I'm still waiting for his response !
    Needless to say, reported

Augustus Kwembe

she needs a manicure

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    Augustus Kwembe

Michael Jackson

Did the slight discrepancy between "perfect condition" and the photo of a watch that's been through the washing machine not set off suspicion first of all though?

Transfer your hard earned to his Nigerian bank account and that lovely TT from the Chinese arm of Rolex could be on its way to you, or not...

A Rolex from facebook sales, from a bloke with two different coloured hands. What could possibly go wrong. 😉

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by 200mwaterresistant View Post
    Did the slight discrepancy between "perfect condition" and the photo of a watch that's been through the washing machine not set off suspicion first of all though?
    I took it that it was just covered in finger marks, I don't think it looks like it's been through a washing machine at all ?

Blog Entries
    Reminds me of this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I messaged the seller as well, he couldn't take a picture of it with that days time and date as it was at his dads house apparently. Yeah right...

Master

Ah see!!

Quote Originally Posted by LaurasOtherHalf View Post
    I messaged the seller as well, he couldn't take a picture of it with that days time and date as it was at his dads house apparently. Yeah right...
    Ahhhh!! See he’s adopted and the white hand is his dad taking the picture of his sons watch for him!!
    See you can’t judge a book by its cover, give the guy a break🤣🤣🤣👍🏻

Chris

Blog Entries

Seller must try harder !!!

Cmon gentleman let’s not be do close minded as to assume they are not a multi-racial family.
    His mother may be caucasion and he’s leaning towards his mothers ethnicity rather than pop’s

Last edited by bond; 14th June 2018 at 10:47.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by subchris View Post
    Ahhhh!! See he’s adopted and the white hand is his dad taking the picture of his sons watch for him!!
    See you can’t judge a book by its cover, give the guy a break藍藍藍

Chris
    I'm so untrusting eh?! We sold my wife's car recently and before it went I did put up a Facebook Marketplace ad for it just to see if there was any interest. The amount of people who got in touch (and not just the usual "best price for cash bruv" types either) who had only 2 pictures on there profiles and five random friends on their list was crazy.

Blatant scammers, every one of them-in the end I deleted the add in under 48 hours as it simply wasn't worth the effort of wading through all the crap.

I'm convinced Facebook Marketplace exists solely for the trading of crappy old kids toys, baby clothes, scrap metal pick ups and recruitment for whatever "business development managers" stay at home mums can be (i.e. Avon Ladies).

I thought your advert title said 'Seiko must try harder' and was confused when I saw the Rolex for sale.

Clearly an appointment with Spec-savers is overdue!

Damn what's the matter with your eyesight you lot? All the hands look the right colour on that watch...

Quote Originally Posted by boundary546 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by bond View Post
    Cmon gentleman let’s not be do close minded as to assume they are not a multi-racial family.
    His mother may be caucasion and he’s leaning towards his mothers ethnicity rather than pop’s

Err, ok.

And the pics are of a brand new fake.... Date/cyclops mag is wrong, and out still had the stickers on. You can see the little peel of tabs if you look carefully in both pics.

Craftsman
    The initial picture and the claim that it was in perfect condition would have been enough to put me off.