closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Diesel remapping, any experiences?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post

Yeti 2.0 170 to 200 bhp - inconsistent and (I believe though cannot prove) was not doing the DMF any favours. Switching back to the 170 map had a big flat spot in the middle of the rev range.

Insurance increase was only £30 per annum though (Admiral)

Apparently I can increase the power of my Superb by about 40 bhp, but after the recent experience and the added complexity of the active cylinder technology etc, I've no plans to.
    I had the 170 diesel engine in the VRS Octavia (PD) and the Superb (CR) , both with a claimed 170hp, I tested both stock, the Octavia made 198hp on the dyno and the Superb bang on 200hp with less torque than the Octy iirc. I did later have the Superb remapped but never put it on the rollers as you say the midrange was much better and was more tractable, most noticable difference was being able to pull cleanly from 70mph in 6th which it couldn't do stock

My current petrol 216hp (220ps) VRS Octavia made 246hp stock on a rolling road , and I use the pretty stingy Dyno Dynamics rollers , seems to be a common theme with Skoda's

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    You need to be a little careful with this as though the "trim" level may be the same, the oily stuff may not be.

I've not had my Sportline long enough to investigate fully, but when I had my Yeti, the 2.0 was available in 110, 140 and 170 bhp versions. Whilst the "trim" levels were the same and the cars were visually identical, the brakes, turbos, injectors and intercoolers were not. Whilst the 110 would remap to 170 (Revo), it doesn't magically grow bigger brakes, intercooler etc.

Regards the remaps I've had, both Revo

Octavia 1.9 110 Tdi to 130 bhp - utterly brilliant, smooth, progressive and happily ran on chip fat too. Switching back to the 110 map (as can be done with a Revo SPS box) was fine.

Yeti 2.0 170 to 200 bhp - inconsistent and (I believe though cannot prove) was not doing the DMF any favours. Switching back to the 170 map had a big flat spot in the middle of the rev range.

Insurance increase was only £30 per annum though (Admiral)

Apparently I can increase the power of my Superb by about 40 bhp, but after the recent experience and the added complexity of the active cylinder technology etc, I've no plans to.
    That’s fair enough, but it wasn’t the point I was making. Just pointing out to another member that not all manufacture limit the spec and engine size to certain versions of a particular model thus forcing people to pay more for more performance.

Master
    Thanks for all your input, some interesting experiences.

I’m going to go for 1 of these...

https://www.diesel-performance.co.uk...88kw-1969-ccm/

Or

https://tdi-tuning.com/car/volvo/v40...uning-box-chip

Any thoughts, comments on these 2 manufacturers?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by pembers View Post
    Thanks for all your input, some interesting experiences.

I’m going to go for 1 of these...

https://www.diesel-performance.co.uk...88kw-1969-ccm/

Or

https://tdi-tuning.com/car/volvo/v40...uning-box-chip

Any thoughts, comments on these 2 manufacturers?
    I know DTUK seem fairly well regarded on the Skoda forums but I've never used one as I'm not a fan of tuning boxes to be honest

Do these remaps give you more power and mpg at the expense of exhaust outputs? I can’t quite get my head around people saying they get these gains, if it was as simple as why wouldn’t the car manufacturers just do the same? If it is more power at the expense of mpg then I can understand why the manufacturers don’t but most also claim improved mpg?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmATeaf View Post
    Do these remaps give you more power and mpg at the expense of exhaust outputs? I can’t quite get my head around people saying they get these gains, if it was as simple as why wouldn’t the car manufacturers just do the same? If it is more power at the expense of mpg then I can understand why the manufacturers don’t but most also claim improved mpg?
    As said earlier the gains come from emissions increasing and durability decreasing

Craftsman
    Trust me before cold ordering a TDI box call and ask for Graeme or Steve and tell them Stephen the jeweller recommended you, and ask them for their opinion, I’m pretty sure they will fit a box and let you take a test in it

As I said I have no affiliation other than good friends with both, personally never had one of their boxes as the white magic side of it befuddles me but I know plenty of close friends that have

(Sorry don’t want surname on here)

Thanks

J3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had remaps on several cars. Love them, the car I collected today will be getting one.

Would I Map a car under warranty? Probably not. Would I map a lease car? Hell no. Risk of issues is low, but the resulting costs aren't.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by J3w3ll3r View Post
    Trust me before cold ordering a TDI box call and ask for Graeme or Steve and tell them Stephen the jeweller recommended you, and ask them for their opinion, I’m pretty sure they will fit a box and let you take a test in it

As I said I have no affiliation other than good friends with both, personally never had one of their boxes as the white magic side of it befuddles me but I know plenty of close friends that have

(Sorry don’t want surname on here)

Thanks

J3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hi, Thanks for that, TDi offer a 30 day money back guarantee so should be ok under that. Ill give them a call in the morning thou.