closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Garden tractor?

Master

Garden tractor?

I've got to buy something to pull a brush to weekly sweep our (soon to be finished) 3G synthetic pitch and have been told by the installers to look for a second hand sit on mower with a minimum of 10hp?

The mower facility will be secondary as it will be rarely (never on the 3g!) used but I need something cheap and reliable?

I've looked at Westwood and John Deere but would appreciate any advice anyone could offer.

As threads are useless without pics, this is the current state of play with the installation!

And this is the sort of brush it will have to pull - 40Kg tops

Looking at spending up to a grand hopefully?
    Last edited by GIB984; 13th June 2018 at 17:30.

Master
    I recently bought this Hayter 19/40.... for £400 quid..

It’s a 19 BHP Briggs & Stratton V twin engine and a 40” cut... the mower deck can easily be removed and it can be used as a garden tractor... and with almost 20 Bhp it should be able to pull most small implements..

It’s old but what I liked about it is that it has a separate steel chassis, so it’s bloody heavy but really solidly built..

It’s early days as we’ve only had it a month or so, but so far it starts on the button, and it’s not used or leaked a drop of oil. It also has hydraulic drive so you don’t have to pull levers for forward or reverse, you just press the pedal down for forwards, and back for reverse....makes manoeuvring around stuff very easy..

We just use it as a mower..👍👍

Master
    PS... Hayter do a smaller model with a less powerful engine 13/30 so 13 Bhp..... it’s slightly smaller and there are a lot more of them about..

You should easily be able to find something for under £1k😎😎

Master
    Thanks for the advice - its just a shame I didn't beat you to that one!

I can’t really help here but I feel I need a field!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GIB984 View Post
    Thanks for the advice - its just a shame I didn't beat you to that one!
    Ha... we were lucky, it wasn’t advertised. It was a word of mouth job🤡🤡

Craftsman
    I have a couple of Kubota compact tractors which I would recommend but you won't find one for the price of the Hayter.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBoy View Post
    I have a couple of Kubota compact tractors which I would recommend but you won't find one for the price of the Hayter.
    I have a Kubota B1600 which is excellent and sips diesel but as you say they don't come cheap.
    I used to have a little Husqvarna front deck mower which was very good too. Would imagine they could be picked up for £500 or so.

Craftsman
    There are a multitude of tractor mowers that could easily do that job. If the mower is rarely used I would look for something that is missing it's collection mechanism as you will get so much more for your money. Or something that just comes with a mulching deck. With a mower like a Westwood, a large part of what you are paying for is the sweeper and collection box.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I've had a couple of ride on mowers and got them both very cheaply through e bay. You may find that you only need one of the smaller types of ride on for your purpose, some like a 8hp MTD Yardman. We have a hockey pitch local to us and they use a small ride on for that exact purpose.
    You will have no problem finding something suitable in your budget.