closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Does the ceramic daytona wear any bigger than the 116520

Master

Does the ceramic daytona wear any bigger than the 116520

Not sure why because I had a brand new 116520 a few years back and sold it after a month as it wasn't want I hoped it might be , but I am hankering after the 116500

Do they wear any bigger with the new bezel or basically the same?

I always think a Daytona looks good on someone else wearing one but too dainty on me!

I tried both and I think it wears bigger. I think it is because of the black bezel but somehow it does look a bit bigger.

I have had both the earlier one to yours, the 16520 and the Ceramic and although the same size I believe the Ceramic had a greater wrist presence. The new bezel insert may help explain that, but also the modern bracelets look and feel bigger. Looking at the dimensions there isn't much in it, but I had a similar experience with the Seadweller, the SD4c felt much bigger than an older 1665, but both were 40mm watches.

Master
    It’s probably a moot point anyway was I am loath to pay the premium and im sure it’ll be a while before I get the call !

Tell me about it. Been waiting since before it was announced at Basel. I had one arrive for me but had used the funds on the SD50 a couple of months earlier so had to pass and drop down the list :o(

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by adesmith View Post
    Tell me about it. Been waiting since before it was announced at Basel. I had one arrive for me but had used the funds on the SD50 a couple of months earlier so had to pass and drop down the list :o(
    That was some pass. Whilst I’d never advocate borrowing money, I’d have taken out a loan or credit card for that as you would have easily got your money back if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    That was some pass. Whilst I’d never advocate borrowing money, I’d have taken out a loan or credit card for that as you would have easily got your money back if need be.
    same. I am waiting too and a recent Hulk arrival has put a large dent in the savings, but if it came to it - I would find the money.

Journeyman
    There is quite a good comparison on youtube by watchfinder which shows the Daytona models together. Visually the cermaic looks larger and they discuss that point.

Master
    I’ve got both, and it does ‘look’ bigger.