closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko Fifty Five Fathoms

Seiko Fifty Five Fathoms

I have been after one of these for ages but just never found the need to have one. About to send my Omega to get serviced so needed a spare watch and picked up a Seiko fifty five off ebay for £209. The watch is really impressive, the dial is black Dagaz version with applied numerals and markers and nice spash of red with the "55" and the second hand tip. The lume is very good. The bracelet is nice and solid and has some polished sections which are very nice. Comes with a display back, the movement is basic but still a nice touch.

Overall I am very impressed, if anyone is not sure about one these I would def go for it, at £209 its a nice little automatic Seiko, they do pop up on here cheaper but not very often.

They are lovely watches, I had three different versions earlier this year and took a bath on each one when I sold them. Better to try and pick one up from SC that is sensibly priced. Two of mine were those new build guys on e-bay and when you have parted with your money, you will struggle to get 50% back if you flip.

Buy cheap or keep hold and enjoy is my advice to others.

Master
    Picture please.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    upload some pics please

I don't know how to upload pictures but the ebay add is here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seiko-5-S...53.m2749.l2649

In terms of losing money, I paid £209 and they seem to sell on SC for around £180 ish so if I did sell the loss would not be that bad. I have no plans on selling, its a nice beater watch.

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    I don't know how to upload pictures but the ebay add is here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seiko-5-S...53.m2749.l2649

In terms of losing money, I paid £209 and they seem to sell on SC for around £180 ish so if I did sell the loss would not be that bad. I have no plans on selling, its a nice beater watch.
    Mmmm - That's a very lightly modded version (only the dial I think, although the second hand has a red tip, so maybe that's been modded or changed too) and I'd be surprised to see one sell on SC for £180 with just a dial swap.

Probably a fair price for a new one with a dial swap done, though.

Most people are looking for one with the dial, bezel insert, hands and strap swapped out for that kind of money.

I'm quite tempted to build a blue one sometime now you can get an appropriate bezel insert.

M
    Last edited by snowman; 14th June 2018 at 11:14.