closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Help with new tires for Honda CRV?

Craftsman

Help with new tires for Honda CRV?

Hi

Looking for info/help on replacement tires for my 2011 Honda CRV

Got original Dunlop Grandtrek ST30 at the moment 225/60 h 18

I only do under 5000 miles a year so they always crack before they wear out? ( don’t go off road)

I have been offered around the same price:

Dunlop Grandtrek ST30
    Pirelli Scorpion Verde
    Michelin Latitude Sport

They also do Bridgestone, Yokohama and Continental

Any preference/info would be great help

Thanks
    N

Craftsman

Pirelli Scorpion Verde

got these on our X3

they are definitely a summer/winter compromise. I've bought them because we get a foot of snow often up here and my kids go to school down a C road !

They have mini-sipes for snow

So if you aren't interested in snow ability, don;t bother, because the compromise will be road noise or longevity.

I like them very much though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Doc View Post
    Pirelli Scorpion Verde

got these on our X3

they are definitely a summer/winter compromise. I've bought them because we get a foot of snow often up here and my kids go to school down a C road !

They have mini-sipes for snow

So if you aren't interested in snow ability, don;t bother, because the compromise will be road noise or longevity.

I like them very much though.

Pirelli Scorpion Verde

- - - Updated - - -

The Pirelli Cinturato P7 we had before on the X3

Blog Entries
    Our MY 2014 is on Michelin Latitude Sport 3 now (only a few weeks, now 5K kms or so). Remarkable quiet compared with the Dunlops before. And it is summer-use only. Not a snowflake/mountaintop logo on the side (we need that here when we go abroad to Germany, The Ardennes or France during the winter) I've opted for the Michelins because the 'braking under wet conditions' qualities are highly praised. No regrets until now.

Don't know about the UK situations, but here in Holland, shopping around saves you a lot of money as I've found out!

Menno
    Last edited by thieuster; 12th June 2018 at 15:40.

TBH I’d not bother with SUV/off road tyres unless you really need it. In the U.K. Goodyear sells Efficient Grip Tyres, they are very much road/touring biased, not sure if you can get then in the U.S. but if you can they are very good all round, I had them on a Ford C-Max and they ticked all boxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Sorry, I can't advise on a particular tyre, but will give a second thumbs up for Blackcircles. Excellent prices and efficient local service.

ATB

Jon

Craftsman
    Before you use Blackcircles, find out who the fitting centre is and call directly, they will often beat the price of Blackcircles (aslong as it’s not ATS as they won’t compete. Same parent company). Not always but it’s worth a call.

Of the top three you mentioned, I’d go with Michelin if they are of similar price. If there is any saving to be had in the Pirelli’s, go for them.
    Hankook are the strongest upcoming brand by a mile.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Michelins. 100%

I've got the Pirelli Scorpion Verde on my CR-V. Bit noisier than my previous - Michelin Lattitude Tour HP - but wanted an all season tyre and Michelin Cross Climate (seem to be default for most on here) aren't available in my wheel size.

Otherwise fine. No idea about longevity yet but shouldn't be a problem if yours crack before worn out.

Yokohama on my crv. Good all rounder, handle nicely, not silly expensive!

Craftsman
    I have the Pirelli Scorpion Verde's on our Evoque. Lasting well and pretty quiet.