closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex options

Rolex options

I am told I am next to get hold of whichever of the following land at a friends dealership.

Pepsi
    Blue Skydweller
    White Ceramic Daytona

What do you reckon it will be and what is people’s preference out of interest?

Will keep you posted with progress.

Interestingly I am told that blue SD is hardest to source at present and that production is being reduced next year....then it’s Pepsi then Daytona. Could mean Daytona on route but not certain.

Cheers all

Master
    I am currently sober and of sound mind and I have no idea what you're on about!

Guess 1:
    Your friend has a Rolex AD and has offered you anything from the incoming stock (balls to the buyers who are on the list, eh?).
    In which case, you'll make money on any of them - I presume that's what this is all about?

Guess 2:
    You put your name down for "sought after Rolex anything" at a friends AD and have been told you'll be sorted out from the next consignment regardless of what comes in.

With guess 1, why would you care? It's a watch you can sell.
    With guess 2, why would you care? It's a watch you can sell.

Sorry if I have the wrong end of the stick.
    Best of luck.

**Edit**
    You've been told the Daytona is the least sought after of those three? And you accepted that?
    Have you ever owned a Rolex?
    Last edited by kevkojak; 9th June 2018 at 13:19.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by joethetoe View Post
    what is people’s preference out of interest?
    White dial ceramic Daytona for me.
    Last edited by FK77; 9th June 2018 at 13:20.

As I have no interest in owning and wearing either the Pepsi or the Skydweller, I will say the white ceramic Daytona, as it is a watch I would like to own, keep and wear.

None of the above for me thanks but good luck with whichever you choose :)
    FWIW my guess is that it will be the Skydweller.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Daytona for me but then I have never bought a watch to sell it, I have only ever bought a watch to wear it.

Master
    One more boring thread similar to all the others that pop by a dozen lately here...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    If you’re looking to sell it on, anyone one of those will do well. The Pepsi should yeald you the maximum profit.

If you’re buying to own & wear. Well then that’s up to you’re own tastes.

If it were me in this situation it would most deffinately be the Pepsi. Already have the Daytona & the SkyDweller is a tad too large on my wrist.
    Last edited by Van Diemen; 9th June 2018 at 14:26.

If you simply want to make a quick buck on it then go for the Daytona.
    If you want a watch to cherish forever and pass on to your offspring then get the Daytona.
    If you want a watch you can wear every day ragrdless of the activity you are participating in get the Daytona.

In short - get the Daytona.

I would get Daytona, I feel like Skydweller is too big and chunky and I prefer Daytona to GMT not to mention potential resale profit.

Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post

Guess 1:
    Your friend has a Rolex AD and has offered you anything from the incoming stock (balls to the buyers who are on the list, eh?).
    In which case, you'll make money on any of them - I presume that's what this is all about?

Guess 2:
    You put your name down for "sought after Rolex anything" at a friends AD and have been told you'll be sorted out from the next consignment regardless of what comes in.

Best of luck.

**Edit**
    You've been told the Daytona is the least sought after of those three? And you accepted that?
    Wow v hostile aren’t you. I have no reason to lie and yes have owned a few Rolexes
    BLNR
    WG SkyD
    Deep sea
    As well as VC, PP, AP and JLC

Currently still have a yachtmaster 116655 which I really like. It’s not about flipping and making money. Certainly wouldn’t have picked up the 116655 if it was....also Said I’m happy to leave the cards with them. They are just the 3 models I like at the moment.

Would you not call in a favour from a friend if you could???? Your mad if you think the lists are 100% followed line by line! They get shuffled to suit the dealers and their customers. Wake up trig.

I just thought all would find it interesting that the Daytona is the easiest for this dealer to source. Still limited of course but from the horses mouth easier than Pepsi and Steel SD blue.

Haven’t posted for a while. Probably wait a while again - painful sometimes this place.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Van Diemen View Post
    If you’re looking to sell it on, anyone one of those will do well. The Pepsi should yeald you the maximum profit.

If you’re buying to own & wear. Well then that’s up to you’re own tastes.

If it were me in this situation it would most deffinately be the Pepsi. Already have the Daytona & the SkyDweller is a tad too large on my wrist.
    Hi

Just not sold on the jubilee but need to see it I guess. Loved my BLNR and the red in the Pepsi just pops.

I also had a Skydweller EG but on strap and it just didn’t sit right on me. Again guess I need to try.

I’m leaning towards Daytona love the panda dial but this could change again as these things tend to :-)

Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    If you simply want to make a quick buck on it then go for the Daytona.
    If you want a watch to cherish forever and pass on to your offspring then get the Daytona.
    If you want a watch you can wear every day ragrdless of the activity you are participating in get the Daytona.

In short - get the Daytona.
    Fair comments !

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Ar.parask View Post
    One more boring thread similar to all the others that pop by a dozen lately here...

Nice one mate

Top man

Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post

Guess 1:

Guess 2:

Best of luck.

**Edit**
    Regular customers on lists will always come after VIPs, ADs friends etc.....not fair but life isn’t fair I guess.

Which would I choose? I have to say I love them all. I do appreciate a date so I’d go for sky dweller or Pepsi.....probably Pepsi.

Good luck with your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ar.parask View Post

+1

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    +1
    Zzzzzzzzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    Zzzzzzzzzzz

+1.

(And this time - sincere apologies to everyone for agreeing with you)

I just thought all would find it interesting that the Daytona is the easiest for this dealer to source. Still limited of course but from the horses mouth easier than Pepsi and Steel SD blue.

Haven’t posted for a while. Probably wait a while again - painful sometimes this place.

Cheers
    From an AD that I have spoken to (one that I believe, rather than those that always exaggerated waiting lists), I think the order you have given is spot on. I reckon most ordinary customers on “the list” for a Pepsi will still be waiting in 3-4 years time.

The AD reckoned they have had more requests for a Pepsi than for any SS model they can recall. Including those who thought they could just buy one because they liked it! I blame Instagram.

Still to offset the hassle from the endless phone calls, they are looking to sell loads of Datejusts on a Jubilee and Tudor GMTs. The Rolex machine at its most effective.

Master
    Wow v hostile aren’t you. I have no reason to lie and yes have owned a few Rolexes
    BLNR
    WG SkyD
    Deep sea
    As well as VC, PP, AP and JLC

Currently still have a yachtmaster 116655 which I really like. It’s not about flipping and making money. Certainly wouldn’t have picked up the 116655 if it was....also Said I’m happy to leave the cards with them. They are just the 3 models I like at the moment.

Would you not call in a favour from a friend if you could???? Your mad if you think the lists are 100% followed line by line! They get shuffled to suit the dealers and their customers. Wake up trig.

Cheers
    Not sure what you expected chap. You have come on to a watch enthusiasts forum with what looks like a thread that is trying to work out where you can make the most profit while others are genuinely interested in owning these watches. You had to expect this?

The Pepsi will have huge initial interest, it’s new. The Sky-Dweller has limited appeal. The Daytona is a great looking update and set to be a classic imo.

Personally for my own wear I’d have on the following order:

Pepsi
    Daytona - white dial
    Sky Dweller - black dial only
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    I’be got the Blue SkyD, Ceramic Daytona and the Pepsi should be soon.

Daytona would be my choice all day long.

I don't like a date complication on my watch, I choose the white dial Daytona

Given the choice it would have to be the Daytona. The pepsi is new, and a bit of a hyped watch, and the skydweller is a bit of a love it or hate it watch.

Craftsman
    SD for me. Very closely followed by the Daytona. The GMT does nowt for me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    Not sure what you expected chap. You have come on to a watch enthusiasts forum with what looks like a thread that is trying to work out where you can make the most profit while others are genuinely interested in owning these watches. You had to expect this?

Your wrong as explained. Just thought the deliveries times etc would be interesting as not as all would assume Daytona being easiest to get.

As I said it’s not a buy to flip!

I don't see anything in the original post about which is worth the most or implying the OP wants advice on which he could make the most profit on, just seems a lot of people automatically
    presume this if anyone posts something about one of the harder to get Rolex. maybe because that's what they would do if they could get one.

I also read it that he doesn't have the choice it will whichever the AD gets.

Your wrong as explained. Just thought the deliveries times etc would be interesting as not as all would assume Daytona being easiest to get.

If your mate is telling you that the Daytona is the easiest to get, it just shows the impossibility of anyone without an “in” buying one of the sought after models.

FWIW, I’d have thought that the Skydweller would be the least popular of the three so I’m guessing that Rolex are making these in much smaller volumes than the Daytona or Pepsi.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    If your mate is telling you that the Daytona is the easiest to get, it just shows the impossibility of anyone without an “in” buying one of the sought after models.

FWIW, I’d have thought that the Skydweller would be the least popular of the three so I’m guessing that Rolex are making these in much smaller volumes than the Daytona or Pepsi.
    Agree with the above it’s an incredibly frustrating market. I have walked into many shops and asked about various models and been told in essence but more politely “look we have never sold you a watch, we have repeat customers to look after why would we put you first”

Sort of is what it is, either have to take the plunge and buy some watches/jewellery to get in with the dealer (a lot of people dont like this route as generally means paying for the ones that depreciate quicker) or have an “in”

Re SkyD I think Rolex may feel they have underpriced it. It’s a lot of Watch for the money in today’s terms, given the complication etc. was told by same dealer that production is to be cut in half next year on SkyD. Can’t imagine he would lie.

Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TBKBABAB View Post
    I don't see anything in the original post about which is worth the most or implying the OP wants advice on which he could make the most profit on, just seems a lot of people automatically
    presume this if anyone posts something about one of the harder to get Rolex. maybe because that's what they would do if they could get one.

I also read it that he doesn't have the choice it will whichever the AD gets.
    Tks for this, did feel a bit like a whipping for no reason. Cheers .

was told by same dealer that production is to be cut in half next year on SkyD. Can’t imagine he would lie
    I didn’t think Rolex would share their production schedules with the ADs.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Personally I would never demean myself to buy a watch in this way.

Why this is the forums favourite subject is beyond me.

Kasper Gutman: Now, sir. We'll talk, if you like. I'll tell you right out, I am a man who likes talking to a man who likes to talk about Rolex.

Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post

Why’s that then?

Why this is the forums favourite subject is beyond me.

Kasper Gutman: Now, sir. We'll talk, if you like. I'll tell you right out, I am a man who likes talking to a man who likes to talk about Rolex.

Master

Then my apologies. Clearly miss understood the post.

Then my apologies. Clearly miss understood the post.
    Cool/no probs

I’d probably take the Sky dweller if money/resale value irrelevant. Pepsi does little for me.
    White dial Daytona is appealing to the eye but I’d never use the complications on it.
    I’ve read they the SkyD wears very big, but I think it’s a nice dressy piece, not too many about & interesting complications that are useful.

Master
    If you can afford it buy the lot, sell off what you don’t want/like.

Sent from my Bentley with optional security glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Volvomanuk View Post
    If you can afford it buy the lot, sell off what you don’t want/like.

Sent from my Bentley with optional security glass.
    Hahah

Master
    Which bit of it is demeaning exactly? 🤔🤣

Master
    Interestingly I am told that blue SD is hardest to source at present and that production is being reduced next year....then it’s Pepsi then Daytona.
    Maybe people don't post when they get a new SS Daytona these days but there have been a good number of the new GMT acquisitions reported on here in the last week. That's only hearsay rather than hard evidence but I can't see the new GMT overtaking the Daytona in the "hard to get" stakes.

Please don't be offended, but I have zero interest or opinion.

The Rolex race is beyond pale and frankly boringly dull.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master

I just thought all would find it interesting that the Daytona is the easiest for this dealer to source.
    They aren’t “sourcing” it though, are they? The shop just gets what Rolex distribution send them.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cmcm3 View Post
    Which bit of it is demeaning exactly? 樂藍

You don’t think the constant begging to buy a watch is demeaning?

I like to walk in a shop look at the watch/camera/record/book/speaker/whatever, if I like it buy it and walk out.
    I wouldn’t plead to have my name put down on a list to buy something and constantly be knocked back,nor would I constantly talk about it or the objects monetary value/residuals.

It’s either clever marketing or a total disdain towards the customers.

That’s just me of course.

Nobody is forcing anyone to constantly beg.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

I like to walk in a shop look at the watch/camera/record/book/speaker/whatever, if I like it buy it and walk out.
    I wouldn’t plead to have my name put down on a list to buy something and constantly be knocked back,nor would I constantly talk about it or the objects monetary value/residuals.

It’s either clever marketing or a total disdain towards the customers.

That’s just me of course.
    But it's not though is it.

It's a simple process.
    Demand outstrips supply.
    There are waiting lists to handle demand.
    People go on lists and get the watch when their time comes around.

Wording surrounding it such as begging pleading and disdain are overly emotive and a tad dramatic. Rolex haven't created any of that.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    But it's not though is it.

It's a simple process.
    Demand outstrips supply.
    There are waiting lists to handle demand.
    People go on lists and get the watch when their time comes around.

Wording surrounding it such as begging pleading and disdain are overly emotive and a tad dramatic. Rolex haven't created any of that.
    Totally agree re Drama

Whod have thunk it

By coincidence I received “the call” this AM.
    Last edited by joethetoe; 12th June 2018 at 12:21.

Couldn’t resist the wait....

Will send more later. Dial is gorgeous

Craftsman
    Xupes offered me a chance to buy a new Pepsi for an eye watering £17,995 today before it is offered on their website. I won’t be taking them up on it. Mad world!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by ALindsay; 12th June 2018 at 22:03.

Very nice, the month is set incorrectly BTW

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Craftsman

Looks great, this would have been my choice also

Quote Originally Posted by Arcam View Post
    Very nice, the month is set incorrectly BTW

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
    Eagle eye - they sorted/reset post this snap.

Cheers