closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Dark lume help

Dark lume help

Wondering if any forum watchmakers can help me out.

Having a quick look online I can see some watches have black paint applied lume. I have U Boat Classic with black numerals & hands, now I enjoy wearing the watch, but one of my bug bares is the lack of any lume, especially as the Pam is a lume whore!

Anyone know if it’s possible to apply black paint lume? Can any experienced watchmaker for this?

Thanks Brad

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I’d say, don’t bother. You are never going to get anything half reasonable from a black SuperLuminova application.

As soon as you add colour, this dilutes the strength of the lume, even adding orange / red you are looking at 50-30% less brightness, with black I suspect this would be in single figures of percent reduction from the original.

Piers

Master
    It also tends to look quite grainy as well.

Quote Originally Posted by PIERS (UK) View Post
    I’d say, don’t bother. You are never going to get anything half reasonable from a black SuperLuminova application.

As soon as you add colour, this dilutes the strength of the lume, even adding orange / red you are looking at 50-30% less brightness, with black I suspect this would be in single figures of percent reduction from the original.

Piers
    Thanks Piers, to be honest I’m not expecting Pam type lume, just something that may help when dark.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    The new black SLN grades are actually quite good as far as dark lume goes. I can PM you a photo on Tuesday when I'm back my desk if you want.

TimeZone link...Why Black Superluminova?