closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Zenith and Nato new arrivals

Zenith and Nato new arrivals

I picked this up from Peter and got to say I'm very pleased with it. It's in better condition than I hoped, would go so far as to say it looks like new. I initially liked it on the black leather deployant, thinking it's great to have a leather strap watch amongst all the steel and rubber, however after a few days I was looking for something different. The deployant mechanism is superb but I like to dress things up and down at will.

I don't have any 22mm straps so bought a couple of natos from watch gecko that arrived yesterday and they're super quality. They give the watch 3 different looks now.

As it arrived on the black deployant

On this soft vintage brown leather Nato, on the down under set up. I think this will look better as it ages and picks up a few marks.

On a green premium Zulu diver Nato. This is a super quality bit of kit, the best Nato I own for sure.

All in I'm very happy with the new arrival. A brand that often gets overlooked however the quality and the heritage is there. It's even got me looking at an original AMI version now from the 60's. They are surprisingly expensive but if you have one in your collection do let me know.

Master
    I think the brown suits it very well. Nice pick-up.

Master
    Olive green leather would be nice, as you know, they do offer one on this model. I dread to think what the price would be....
    Although I sold it, I think the cp2 is a fabulous chronometer, and Zenith are a class act. The El Primero movement in the cp2 is surely one of the true greats.
    No doubt, at some point, i'l get another....my third.

Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    I think the brown suits it very well. Nice pick-up.
    I agree, it looks the best option.

Master
    Really like it on the green NATO. Brown leather NATO looks good to, where did you get that one from?

Joined me for a weekend camping with another new Nato courtesy of takethecanolli.

Loving this watch more by the hour.

Master
    How have you managed to get a keeper hole next to to the lower spring bar unless it's on a raf strap and slipped round. Great watch though.

Well spotted! The brown Nato above is worn on the down under method (new to me but was featured on this forum and places all the clasp and strap tail on the underside of the wrist) works well. The sand Nato above has had the second keeper piece surgically removed. I love it like this.

Journeyman
    That is a lovely watch. The NATO looks good, but for me, the original deployant strap is the nicest.

Nice 👍

I am also thinking on strap choice. The standard black strap is very nice but I think it doesn’t suit the vintage military look too well.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I really like that watch

like my IWC pilot I would say a plain black or rally leather strap is all it needs and looks best on a watch like this.

If you decide to sell it I may be tempted.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Fantastic watch, very versatile too.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tz-uk73 View Post
    I picked this up from Peter and got to say I'm very pleased with it. It's in better condition than I hoped, would go so far as to say it looks like new. I initially liked it on the black leather deployant, thinking it's great to have a leather strap watch amongst all the steel and rubber, however after a few days I was looking for something different. The deployant mechanism is superb but I like to dress things up and down at will.

I don't have any 22mm straps so bought a couple of natos from watch gecko that arrived yesterday and they're super quality. They give the watch 3 different looks now.

As it arrived on the black deployant

On this soft vintage brown leather Nato, on the down under set up. I think this will look better as it ages and picks up a few marks.

On a green premium Zulu diver Nato. This is a super quality bit of kit, the best Nato I own for sure.

All in I'm very happy with the new arrival. A brand that often gets overlooked however the quality and the heritage is there. It's even got me looking at an original AMI version now from the 60's. They are surprisingly expensive but if you have one in your collection do let me know.
    I have this watch and I love that green strap combo. I think I will take a look at getting myself one of those?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I got one of those straps from watch Gecko, the US military version and there is too much strap. Is there a specific way of fitting these as I as just running it through the spring bars. Cheers

Journeyman
    Looks ace on the green zulu

Zenith is a brand that i wasn't really aware of until recentlybut the more i see the more I like...

Craftsman
    Seriously cool watch! Not sure about the straps though. A Hadley Roma kevlar would also look great.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredamens View Post
    I got one of those straps from watch Gecko, the US military version and there is too much strap. Is there a specific way of fitting these as I as just running it through the spring bars. Cheers

That looks good, it's a different strap to the one I bought as I picked up there premium Nato with the squared off hardware. You've attached it right, just place through the spring bars as you have, and if it's too long perhaps trim it and heat seal it? I think it looks good like that so wouldn't change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommie85 View Post
    Seriously cool watch! Not sure about the straps though. A Hadley Roma kevlar would also look great.
    Cheers, had to google that and yep i think that would suit it very well too.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tz-uk73 View Post
    That looks good, it's a different strap to the one I bought as I picked up there premium Nato with the squared off hardware. You've attached it right, just place through the spring bars as you have, and if it's too long perhaps trim it and heat seal it? I think it looks good like that so wouldn't change it.
    Thanks. I don’t think it’s for me. It will be on SC soon.