Bit of a strange one this, 25 years ago I came to London to start my career as a photographer, I began as a freelance assistant and then started to get jobs of my own, the first proper job was to shoot a book cover, I was paid £500 and spent £110 pounds in the little yellow watch shop in clerkenwell on a nice Omega, it had an interesting dial with silvered Arabic numerals that were flat on the dial, this watch was effectively a milestone watch for me. 10 years later it was stolen in a house burglary.

I didn’t wear a watch for over ten years after it was stolen, I didn’t want a new watch, I wanted my old Omega back. Then I started working in the watch world which led me to this forum and a nice IWC I wear every day.

Then browsing on Etsy I found this:
https://etsy.me/2JwqtF7

This is the first time I have seen a watch that is the exact same model with the silvered flat numerals, this looks like it has a new crown that is too fat for the watch. Thing is I haven’t hit the buy button! I have no idea if I’m going to have the same attachment to it and I’m right in the middle of paying for bathroom/kitchen and to be fair not looking to spend unnecessarily.

Anyone else replaced a vintage piece with something similar but regretted it afterwards? I guess it’s a bit like having a family heirloom that gets stolen, even if you find a replacement of same age/style it’s not the same is it?