closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: All-In-One Printers

Hybrid View

All-In-One Printers

My Canon has packed up and I'm after a new printer.

Must have feature is duplex printing/scanning.

I'd get another Canon if available but my MX925 is now discontinued and newer models don't appear to have duplex scanning (although website info often leaves a lot to be desired).

Other features desired - can take 3rd party ink, not too large, ~£250 max price.

So, any recommendations?

I recently bought an HP OfficeJet Pro 6970 and have been very happy with it.

Thanks, hadn't noticed that one - looks ideal!

Craftsman
    Have you considered laser jet? I always thought they were expensive until I was put onto HP MFP M277dw. Been totally happy with it and would not go back to ink now (we don't print high res. photos)

Blog Entries
    HP printer with a £1.99 a month subscription and they supply the ink…. Works out fine for my needs as I got fed up with either ludicrously expensive OEM ink catridiges or eBay ones that lasted 2 mins…. I think I brought the printer for <£25

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    HP printer with a £1.99 a month subscription and they supply the ink…. Works out fine for my needs as I got fed up with either ludicrously expensive OEM ink catridiges or eBay ones that lasted 2 mins…. I think I brought the printer for <£25

That's how we do it, and the printer works flawlessly for copy, scan, print, and printing wirelessly from iPhones/Pads.
    F.T.F.A.

Agree totally with the HP subscription offer, they even supply postage bags to return spent cartridges for recycling/ refilling.

I'll try the subscription ink as there's a £30 cash-back on the printer if I do.

Not sure that it is cheaper than buying though TBH. I'll need the £7.99/month plan and will mainly be B/W. I could just buy black cartridge rather than being sent whole set (think this is how it works). Can always cancel after month or so.

One thing I notice is that 3rd party inks are still quite pricey compared to Canon ones.

Edit:- Just realised cancelling after one (or more) month won't be good as will have paid for those months and received nothing.
    Last edited by Kingstepper; 12th June 2018 at 11:03.

I have an HP 8615? Or it might be 8610 but no problems what so ever 3 years now good size ink that seems to last well, the Black is xl size which makes sense.

Craftsman
    Laser jet every time for me. I always thought they were really slow and expensive. However I picked up a Samsung a few years ago for £160 and it's not even half way through the toner that came with it. Prints within 10s of being turned on.

My previous HP inkjets were slow and seemed like I was constantly ordering new cartridges, think they used most of it self cleaning. It's telling that there are subscription services for ink and that there are business's dedicated to refilling cartridges.

Master
    We had an hp inkjet thing that was always requiring ink, refusing to print, bogging up print queues, etc.
    Switched to a Samsung laser printer and have had no issues whatsoever. It won't scan or do colour but if i need to scan something I just photograph it on my phone and print it from that. Colour is something we rarely used anyway so is hardly missed, if we need photos printing we get my father in law to do it as he's a photographer and has all the kit.

Master
    Current printer is an Epson XP-640. I've just bought chipped replacements from the off this time. It moans about this from time to time but you can "ok it" to carry on.