timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Lovely day at Saltburn today...

Lovely day at Saltburn today...

with Liz, walked to the Ship Inn had a beer,then walked through the woods to the tearooms.

(Picture from my new Moto G6 Plus mobile)

Now that takes me back to my youth. As you (Rod) know I used to live in Marske a couple of miles up the coast and as kids (younger than 10 as we moved when I was 10) regularly used to go up to Saltburn and in the other direction to Redcar either on bikes or along the beach. It was a great place to grow up. Can you still walk out onto the pier?

You certainly can Skier! The tram lifts are out of action for maintenance till next year but walking up and down keeps you fit! I was a lifeguard at Saltburn for a couple of years when I was a young Police Cadet. Swam Marske to Saltburn and back once.... love the place.

I’d forgotten about the tram lifts, quite steep as I recall. I do remember the fun of cycling down the windy road down to the sea front and the much harder pedal back up for small kids on small bikes. We were almost never indoors as kids and had freedom to be out on our own all day - just be home before dark or dinner time, whichever came first.

I must plan a couple of days up there soon.