closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Wanted . Job as a weather forecaster

Wanted . Job as a weather forecaster

Surely has to be the easiest job ever, unless you manage a football team .
    I’d love to know how much money is pumped into this sphere when it’s as trustworthy to listen to the bloke in the flat cap who studies starlings and snails .
    Bearing in mind, half of the country sets its store by this Hocus Pocus , what could be done with this National Institution TM

Pah! I can influence the weather!

If I spend all afternoon, watering front and back garden.................

It rains overnight - without fail !

They should ban the practice altogether. So many things in this country get put off because of a poor weather forecast, when in fact it turns out to be fine.

Last year in the run up to our annual Cornish summer holidays my wife wanted to cancel and go abroad because the forecast predicted rain every day when in fact it turned out to be glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post

Yep exactly the same here squire , lovely sunny afternoon ,get the barby started up then .....wallop torrential rain of biblical proportions absolutely guaranteed .

Master
    I'm gonna wheel the motorbike out into the driveway right now.

Sorry if you live near Belfast, the rains coming.

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    Its got to be one of the only jobs out there where you can get it wrong time after time and still be employed.

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I have been a qualified Met Observer for almost 20 years. Well below what the forecasters do.
    When I did my one week course at The Met Office, which was still in Bracknell then, we never mixed with the Forecasters. Their course included training to present on tv. Even back then it looked pretty impressive.

My top tip: Find somewhere in the UK with a great micro climate, and live there

Master

Or I can hand wash the car.

Master
    I would quite happily be a glorious failure as a weather presenter as long as I could work alongside Naz or Becky.

TBH they all waffle on too much. All the info you need is on the graphics anyway. Prefer the Met Office but I normally watch with the sound off and scroll through.

Blog Entries

^^^^ this ^^^^

I'd mowed the lawn yesterday evening and decided that all plants needed a lot of water. I opened the tap for hours and hours, turned it off around 1AM last night. Guess what? This morning it started raining. Cats and dogs. What strikes me most is that the forecast predicted... 'no rain' even when the sluices of heaven were opened.

Menno

Grand Master
    Got to disagree on this one, weather forecasting thesedays us generally very good. Forecasting UK weather will never be an exact science, but thesedays with the satellites and computer modelling it definitely us a science.

Human nature being what it is, we always dwell on the times they get it wrong! I check the BBC weather website, I plan activities accordingly and I’m not happy if I get wet walking the dog when the forecast suggested otherwise.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Got to disagree on this one, weather forecasting thesedays us generally very good. Forecasting UK weather will never be an exact science, but thesedays with the satellites and computer modelling it definitely us a science.

Human nature being what it is, we always dwell on the times they get it wrong! I check the BBC weather website, I plan activities accordingly and I’m not happy if I get wet walking the dog when the forecast suggested otherwise.

Paul
    Agreed. Forecasting isn't exact science.

Perhaps weather forecast sites should have disclaimers saying... Past (weather) data may not be the best indicator for future weather (performance).

Quote Originally Posted by alas58 View Post
    I would quite happily be a glorious failure as a weather presenter as long as I could work alongside Naz or Becky.
    Or the lovely Lucy

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by alas58 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mondie View Post
    Or the lovely Lucy

I agree such a good looking woman but soooo thin. You'd be scared you'd break her.
    Becky and Naz give you something to get a grip of and get a heat off in the winter.