closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: True value of Tudor GMT on secondary market

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by WarrenVrs View Post
    It'll be relatively easy to get hold of quite quickly.

Tag has more brand recognition and prestige to the average punter. Within a relatively small community (like here), tudor is well thought of, but to the wider world?

When I had a black bay, no one in my circle of colleagues and friends had even heard of Tudor.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
    This is a good point - there's only a small group of watch enthusiasts to support the hype and once they are served, then availability will be normalised.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by ratty_uk2011 View Post
    This is a good point - there's only a small group of watch enthusiasts to support the hype and once they are served, then availability will be normalised.
    Exactly. The hype is WIS taking a punt after seeing how Rolex/Speedmaster speculation is turning out.

I have to say it's a great watch on paper and I haven't seen one for real yet. But it's not really a watch that warrants this sort of madness.

The faux rivets and crown tube show where Tudor's priorities lie (partly, at least). It's thickness is not ideal for many. The movement uses offcuts from the old Rolex 3185 and from what I can tell the date change mechanism is from the 31XX generation of Rolex movements that are now being phased out. Nothing wrong with that, might even be a plus point for some on here. But would people pay above RRP for a parts bin special?

On it's own it's a good watch, it could easily be the only watch you ever need really. But it's no six digit BLRO. And despite using the same tech, unlike the five digit GMTs it lacks the single-minded focus on being the best technical watch for the job that also happens to pertain to status symbolism if that's your thing. Ultimately it's not a watch I would pay above RRP for even if they remain a waiting list watch for the duration of its product lifetime.

My two pence of course. But after fawning over it like everyone else post-Baselworld and putting my name down for one, this current silliness needs to be put into perspective imo.

Nearest AD says they have been flying out the door and they can't get enough of them. I can't help but think that only a small proportion of their customers are WIS. So i think its a supply and demand issue (a la rolex sports) coupled with the fact that the BB is an extremely popular model and the GMT arguably the most attractive iteration so far. Rolex have a firm track record of manipulating the market to increase desirability and it would be no great surprise to fund Tudor following suit.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Master
    I don’t see anybody trying to talk up the value of the Tudor GMT, I do see plenty trying to talk it down though...

Master
    True but a fair amount of that is just realism about only Rolex models being in such an unusual market.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooks View Post
    I don’t see anybody trying to talk up the value of the Tudor GMT, I do see plenty trying to talk it down though...
    You've not seen any of the over rrp listings ?

Craftsman
    Don’t think many of them are selling abouve RRP

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    You've not seen any of the over rrp listings ?
    Yeah, I’ve seen those obviously, but no idea if they’re actually selling at those prices. I’ve seen the lol one on Iconic as well (which has already moved from £4.5 to £3.4k).

I suppose I was just trying to say that although people on this thread are relaying AD info, nobody is really talking the price up.

It’s very possible I’ve missed it though!
    Last edited by Tooks; 13th June 2018 at 14:42.

Master
    Tried one of these on today. The blue looks almost black, not necessarily a bad thing. I was unsure about the bracelet rivets but they are barely noticeable IMHO. Overall a nice solid feeling watch that I would certainly consider in the future.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    Tried one of these on today. The blue looks almost black, not necessarily a bad thing. I was unsure about the bracelet rivets but they are barely noticeable IMHO. Overall a nice solid feeling watch that I would certainly consider in the future.

I had the Black Bay Steel with riveted bracelet, it was very nice, sold to free up funds for the GMT (whenever that may be), I also like the fact the blue is almost black as well...

See one's just popped up on the bay for £3800...

Craftsman
    Wasn't it the same with the Bronze a couple of years back? Now they're sitting in windows whenever I look.

Bonkers!
    One of the main things I like is how it swings between looking like a Pepsi and looking like a Coke. Love the bluepictures from Instagram - still not got mine sadly 🤣

Master
    As I said that was what struck me the most. The blue looked black at first glance.

Craftsman
    kinnel ! wow!

There is probably a list of 10+ watches I’d rather buy at that price level and others I’d rather buy
    at quite a bit less and keep the change

FWIW I think the current value is prob £3250 and once the initial rush is over then prob just full retail of £2750

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    FWIW I think the current value is prob £3250 and once the initial rush is over then prob just full retail of £2750
    And once they’re sitting in every AD’s window, I’m expecting around £2k pre owned.

Craftsman
    There were a few on eBay that went unsold at £3K or just over.

Couple on there right now @ £3.8K. This listing from WF will prob now help sell the ones on eBay.

Be surprised anyone would pay more than list for one of these as nice as they are, I’ll stick my name down with a AD but tbh I reckon I’ll get one of SC for less than that at some point later in the year, I can wait...

Watchfinder, jeez they really have inflated the market haven’t they...

LMFAO if you look at that price after viewing the YT review Watchfinder & Co just posted.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    And once they’re sitting in every AD’s window, I’m expecting around £2k pre owned.
    This sounds very plausible to me but I think they'll be strong value for that £2k.

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    Be surprised anyone would pay more than list for one of these as nice as they are, I’ll stick my name down with a AD but tbh I reckon I’ll get one of SC for less than that at some point later in the year, I can wait...

Watchfinder, jeez they really have inflated the market haven’t they...
    Nah. In a year you’ll get discounts on them - I like others just want it now so full rrp it is. If I flip in a year would prob lose a few hundred maybe but not too much. They should hold up ok based on other Tudor’s. Just my opinion ofc

Journeyman
    I called a local ish AD and their wait list 8is 8 people. He said they'd want a £500 deposit and would expect to honour it in July (2018).

Sent from my SM-G965F using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by D_redd View Post
    I called a local ish AD and their wait list 8is 8 people. He said they'd want a £500 deposit and would expect to honour it in July (2018).

Which makes the watchfinder price even more unrealistic. Is anyone really going to pay £2k over list price so they don't need to wait a couple of months?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    Which makes the watchfinder price even more unrealistic. Is anyone really going to pay £2k over list price so they don't need to wait a couple of months?
    Certainly not I! Haha

Each to their own though, if you have enough disposable income to pay well over RRP instead of waiting a month or so... Lucky you

Master
    That Watchfinder price is absolutely crazy. I really like the look of this watch but £4k+....!? Please

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    That Watchfinder price is absolutely crazy. I really like the look of this watch but £4k+....!? Please
    Last couple on ebay have dropped back to £3200 offers...
    Time and biding and burnt fingers spring to mind...

Apprentice
    Watchfinder's price is laughable and anyone paying a premium for a piece that's supposed to be mainstream is crazy. My local Goldsmiths says I'm next on the list for one. Expect a wait of 5 weeks. 🤞

Sent from my SM-G955F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Wu View Post
    Watchfinder's price is laughable and anyone paying a premium for a piece that's supposed to be mainstream is crazy. My local Goldsmiths says I'm next on the list for one. Expect a wait of 5 weeks. 爛

As much as I love Tudor, you’re right on the prices.

People paying a premium for these must be the epitome of impatient!

Watchfinder basically just take the pi@@, some of their prices are just unreal...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Wu View Post
    Watchfinder's price is laughable and anyone paying a premium for a piece that's supposed to be mainstream is crazy. My local Goldsmiths says I'm next on the list for one. Expect a wait of 5 weeks. 🤞

Iconic price currently £3480...

They are quoting 2 to 5 weeks delivery at that!! They are probably on goldsmiths list too😀

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by D4RW1N View Post

They are quoting 2 to 5 weeks delivery at that!! They are probably on goldsmiths list too😀
    They look to have sold the one at that price that was in stock then?

I wonder how much they purchased it in for?

Apprentice
    Can't have been much more than RRP I would have thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    One in eBay for under £3K

Quote Originally Posted by Van Diemen View Post
    One in eBay for under £3K
    The seller probably bought it to make a quick buck and has now realised the best he can do is break even. Can’t return it to the store and can’t afford to keep it. You can thank Rolex for this behaviour.

Or he has AD connections or a voucher paid-for watch that means an RRP sale makes him profit. We do not know.

Quote Originally Posted by D4RW1N View Post

They are quoting 2 to 5 weeks delivery at that!! They are probably on goldsmiths list too
    Which makes you realise there is as much an aura of myth around the grey market dealer as the authorised dealer. If the buyer had just walked into any AD they could have paid the same deposit and had their watch in about the same length of time (and saved themselves several hundred pounds)

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Or he has AD connections or a voucher paid-for watch that means an RRP sale makes him profit. We do not know.
    An AD would be absolutely mad to sell it for under rrp regardless of any “connections”.

Craftsman
    Received this email from Ernest Jones today

Good afternoon

Thank you for your email,

These are the following stores who have stock

STRATFORD CITY

WESTFIELD LONDON

Kind Regards

Ernest Jones

So looks like at least two stores have stock available. I was told that the demand has taken Tudor a little by surprise but they’ll up supply to meet this demand.

I think a couple of months and they’ll be readily available everywhere with no premiums.

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Received this email from Ernest Jones today

Good afternoon

Thank you for your email,

These are the following stores who have stock

STRATFORD CITY

WESTFIELD LONDON

Kind Regards

Ernest Jones

So looks like at least two stores have stock available. I was told that the demand has taken Tudor a little by surprise but they’ll up supply to meet this demand.

I think a couple of months and they’ll be readily available everywhere with no premiums.

Neil
    Good stuff, echos earlier sentiment regarding profit sellers, hopefully a few get caught out...

Craftsman
    I pass through Stratford City Westfield regularly.

If anyone here wants me to collect & ship to them, let me know

Kind offer. I’ve waited this long though so will see it through now

Email from chronext today. at best it’s ambitious - at worst just freaking stupid

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Email from chronext today. at best it’s ambitious - at worst just freaking stupid
    Got the same email and thought the same things

I had a look at one of these at the weekend, stupidly thick.

Otherwise not bad for someone who can’t stretch to the Rolex equiv.

Craftsman
    Tried one on this morning.

Nice watch, but as I suspected it's too thick and a little big for my liking, so will pass.

Eagerly awaiting the BB 58 to show up @ ADs.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post

daft statement .. I can stretch for the Rolex equ. ( & have one order ) , but I'm also getting one of these Tudor GMT's. I actually prefer the look of the tudor over the rolex .

You make it sound like the tudor is going to be someones 2nd choice, where for me its my 1st choice

Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post

You sure you tried the right watch on?

Quote Originally Posted by hot66 View Post
    You make it sound like the tudor is going to be someones 2nd choice, where for me its my 1st choice
    I also prefer it to the rolex
    It's the only new release i have really liked for as long as I can remember
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.