closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko SRP481Snow Monster

Master

Seiko SRP481Snow Monster

Anyone got one of these Seiko snow monsters? Have heard them being referred to as ice monster aswell.

The original SNZ331 is discontinued and hard to get hold of, the newer one is based on the Seiko 5.

Creation have them on for approximately£125.

Came across them on the monster watches site.

What do you guys think and anyone got one?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

To me that's not a Monster - not with the terrible Seiko 5 logo on the dial. Also that's not a Monster bezel.

For the complete lowdown on Monsters you could do worse than going to The Ultimate Seiko Monsters Collectors Guide at 60clicks.com. Take a look.

The watch you've pictured appears to be referred to in some places as a 'Baby Monster', but I don't think it shares essential Monster DNA to my mind.

Simon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a "snow monster" but a "neo mini monster" here. My 1st automatic watch bought years ago for £85 used. As is said above... this isn't a "Monster" as such - with no screw down crown and a glass back. BUT... if it's your first dip into automatic dive watches, they are great fun for the money. Bracelets are a bit rattly compared to a Black/Orange Monster bracelet and they have the lower end 7S36 calibre inside which means no hand winding and no hacking.

Get one used and you can't go wrong. Looks good on a matching coloured NATO too.

The snow monster was a limited edition. Rob also does a mod with a white dial.

Only similar thing I can find locally is this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEIKO-5-SP...YAAOSwq7JUAJzg

They're calling in an ICE monster. Nice.. but not at that price.

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    To me that's not a Monster - not with the terrible Seiko 5 logo on the dial. Also that's not a Monster bezel.

For the complete lowdown on Monsters you could do worse than going to The Ultimate Seiko Monsters Collectors Guide at 60clicks.com. Take a look.

The watch you've pictured appears to be referred to in some places as a 'Baby Monster', but I don't think it shares essential Monster DNA to my mind.

Simon

Indeed:

Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post
    Indeed:

Now that's the real deal...

Simon

Craftsman
    I bought one for the Missus and it arrived today. She thinks it's great which is all that matters but I did put it on a white silicone n d limits strap...
    If an original LE ice monster comes available... I'm interested...

Master
    OP, they are decent watches for £100.
    It's called a mini-monster rather than a Monster due to no water resistance (100m, no screw down crown) and a 60 click bezel instead of the 120.

Same size as the monster, it's a whopping chunk of watch - I've had black & red, Orange and White versions and enjoyed all of them.

Just be aware that they're "fashion" divers rather than the real deal for taking in water.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    OP, they are decent watches for £100.
    It's called a mini-monster rather than a Monster due to no water resistance (100m, no screw down crown) and a 60 click bezel instead of the 120.

Same size as the monster, it's a whopping chunk of watch - I've had black & red, Orange and White versions and enjoyed all of them.

Just be aware that they're "fashion" divers rather than the real deal for taking in water.
    I like the look of them but hate buying a watch without seeing it but they're not on the high street so might have to take a gamble
    Quote Originally Posted by markdotreed View Post
    I bought one for the Missus and it arrived today. She thinks it's great which is all that matters but I did put it on a white silicone n d limits strap...
    If an original LE ice monster comes available... I'm interested...
    Is there a ladies version of the watch or is it this specific one you bought? Any wrist shots?

Cheers

That's not the Ice Monster...this is!

I think I'll wear this today

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Looking for one of anyone has one for sale

Now there’s a man who knows how to use the ‘search’ field

Simon